• Troy Denning
    • Timothy Zahn
    • Kevin J. Anderson
    • Barbara Hambly
    • Vonda N. McIntyre
    • Michael P. Kube-McDowell
    • Kristine Kathryn Rusch
    • Roger MacBride Allen

Okay, I didn't want to name all the authors that have ever written so, I decided to first minimize it to the post-ROTJ authors, but then there comes all the NJO authors...so, here's voting for your favorite author after Return of the Jedi and before the New Jedi Order and, of course, why.

Mine is Timothy Zahn, the creator of the one and only Grand Admiral Thrawn. He, in my humble opinion, had the best understanding of STAR WARS and the Empire out of any other author.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr Anderson for his portrayel of the Jedi and the conflicts inherent in being a jedi in the darksaber and children of the force books etc... :)

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Mr Anderson for his portrayel of the Jedi and the conflicts inherent in being a jedi in the darksaber and children of the force books etc... :)
Anderson does do a job, but I did not enjoy the Jedi Academy Trilogy too much due to Daala's continous faux pas, and Kyp running around in the Sun Crusher got pretty annoying. I think, though, he revived himself in Darksaber, but I do not believe he wrote Children of the Jedi.

I voted for Zahn. Even though I am a hardcore Rebel, I must admit that Thrawn is the most intriging character since Boba Fett.

Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has, how embarrassing. - Yoda

Do not count a human dead until you've seen his body, and even then you can make a mistake. - Bene Gesserit saying

Guest Scathane

I haven't voted, since I haven't read any Star Wars novels yet. However, perhaps I can make a few of you Zahn fans happy by sharing the following.

Coruscant as an idea of a city-covered planet was actually already in the early drafts of the original trilogy scripts. It was called Had Abbadon and many scenes of ROTJ were supposed to take place there. However, GL couldn't get a city-covered planet into the movie satisfactorily, so, as the script evolved, the scenes were relocated to the DS II.

The name Coruscant was conceived by Timothy Zahn in Heir to the Empire. Coruscate is an actual verb in English, meaning to throw off flashes of light, glitter, sparkle. It can also be used in coruscating wit, which means to throw out flashes of intellectual brilliance, you know, as I often do in these forums.

I haven't voted, since I haven't read any Star Wars novels yet. However, perhaps I can make a few of you Zahn fans happy by sharing the following.
YIPEE! :D:mrgreen:

Coruscant as an idea of a city-covered planet was actually already in the early drafts of the original trilogy scripts. It was called Had Abbadon and many scenes of ROTJ were supposed to take place there. However, GL couldn't get a city-covered planet into the movie satisfactorily, so, as the script evolved, the scenes were relocated to the DS II.
And I think the planet itself had been called something else after that, but I may be wrong. Though GL did include Coruscant for a brief moment in the special edition with the celebration of the Emperor's death, which, again, is another contradiction to the EU. :roll:

The name Coruscant was conceived by Timothy Zahn in Heir to the Empire. Coruscate is an actual verb in English, meaning to throw off flashes of light, glitter, sparkle. It can also be used in coruscating wit, which means to throw out flashes of intellectual brilliance
I had noticed this as well when I was writing a STAR WARS story some time back and the computer didn't like Coruscant. I clicked my spell check suggestions and it gave me coruscate, which, like Scath said, means to gleam and such.

It can also be used in coruscating wit, which means to throw out flashes of intellectual brilliance, you know, as I often do in these forums.
Yeah, of course, Scath. :roll:

And I think the planet itself had been called something else after that, but I may be wrong. Though GL did include Coruscant for a brief moment in the special edition with the celebration of the Emperor's death, which, again, is another contradiction to the EU. :roll:

Mine is Zahn, too. First: Thrawn, Second: Mara Jade.

As to the Coruscant celebration. It was incorporated in Iron Fist, there one of the newr recruits in Antilles squadron tells that he was part of a Corsucant resistance group that received nes and footage of Endor and projected it on the plaza. The mob went crazy and destroyed statues -(celebration scene in SE ROTJ) but then stormies came and shot them

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

Yeah, i'd say that the celebrations fit in alright with the EU. Why do you say they don't?

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

I'm not saying they don't I'm just saying that the Coruscant one was tried to be justified in the books.

About the others two: I could imanginepeople on Bespin celebrating, but Mos Eisley???

Well think about the restrictions the Imps would have placed on them during Ep IV in the search for the droids. They probably opressed the whole planets with curfews and searches etc etc, which is going to leave a bad taste. :)

Yeah i know what you mean. I really liked the Wraith series. They brought a whole new set of characters in who have been chronically underused, and only recently had cameo's in the NJO series. :)

Guest Admiral_Antilles
Is that a question SOCL? Zahn all the way. the next would have to be Alliston's installments into the X-Wing series.

Okay okay, so Zahn's good. There, I said it, you happy now?!? :evil:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest Admiral_Antilles
Okay okay, so Zahn's good. There, I said it, you happy now?!? :evil:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

the question is are you happy now?

As to the Coruscant celebration. It was incorporated in Iron Fist, there one of the newr recruits in Antilles squadron tells that he was part of a Corsucant resistance group that received nes and footage of Endor and projected it on the plaza. The mob went crazy and destroyed statues -(celebration scene in SE ROTJ) but then stormies came and shot them
I had not known that. 8O Thank you for pointing that out to me, Trej! :D

I had not known that. 8O Thank you for pointing that out to me, Trej! :D

Um... SOCL why does it say SOCL wrote: in the things I wrote and Trej wrote in the stuff you wrote....

I voted for Allston, cause his novels did not only have a good plot, but also brought some humor into the whole series.

I just can't get that image of Janson holding that stuffed Ewok toy in front of him.

Yub, Yub ! :wink:

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5183/animated9pn.gif

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://www.swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif

Ah yes, what a great SW comedy moment that was. :lol::)

Lieutenant Kettch :lol: hehehe

Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has, how embarrassing. - Yoda

Do not count a human dead until you've seen his body, and even then you can make a mistake. - Bene Gesserit saying