Modding community.

Stellar_Magic

Ok I reread what everybody posted (Posts seemed to have changed also) so if this is a repeat sorry but maybe my point still stands and i'll shut up after this post about misunderstanding.

1) Borg - Well this is what impacted peoples opinions but were are here to share and help one another right? People may have the resources but they cant program them right or at all and sometimes people won't help. You ask people and some refuse or dont want to program what you want. Maybe the people here at PFF could help out and seem to be helpful enough. Merging them could help with the quality and knowledge.

2) Sometimes other major "helping" sites don't have what you need so this forum fan place should help. Even if this is a Petroglyph Fan Forums we still support the game by making top notch mods and without mods the game might be just plain. Even if a game is great maybe exploit the engine for other features which other companies couldn't make for "money" purposes.

3) Making good quality mod could influence what games come out in the future such as was the case with Desert Combat and Battlefield 2. Now look at all the games we have with modding options, they listened to our feedback and well we can easily mod games with the help of the developers.

Now I will shut up and let you guys talk or stay quiet.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just feel that if NMA wants to be a proper department like I think Cain hopes it should be a proper Website on which the Mods can post links and such not on a Petroglyph forum. When we do indeed move to the Official Petroglyph forums that is one area that cannot come with us.

In my opinion why bother starting an area that in a few months will become defunct!!

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/knivesdamaster/tags/sith_omguserbar_member.jpg

I just feel that if NMA wants to be a proper department like I think Cain hopes it should be a proper Website on which the Mods can post links and such not on a Petroglyph forum. When we do indeed move to the Official Petroglyph forums that is one area that cannot come with us.

In my opinion why bother starting an area that in a few months will become defunct!!

That’s because you don't know the full picture.

We are backing up this forums true JI (JediIgor) and when the time will be to move to the PF (Petroglyph Forums) the PFF (The Unofficial ones) will be hosted on a better server on the swr space.

I personally recommend those people from swr to host PFF since their professional quality exceeds any expectations and they know what they are doing.

We keep the PFF since some of the activities from here will not be able to exist on the official forums (feedback etc) due to possible legal precautions.

Anyway both the PF and the new PFF have the right to clime the legacy of PFF and start with the last backup version of it.

As for NMA .... Fosh we want to bring it to an extremely elevated work style in the moding world - something never seen before. We want to enable the news flow and communication between multiple eaw sites - we want to increase the moders satisfaction. I know exactly what needs to be done and trust me - it will work - since our goals are:

(*Better = as in better than ever before in a moding comunity)

-Better Management

-Better Resources

-Better Communication

-Excellent Relations with the Developers

-People from the Game Industry involved in the Management of NMA

-Better Relations between the EAW sites and EAW moders.

-The NMA will be a quality trademark that will ensure that the respective mod had our QA approval and will run superbly on the gamers PC.

-Better and secured Feedback exchange between the Developers and Moders.

-Better credits systems that will ensure an increased value on a CV when a moder will apply for a job in the game industry.

etc.

We will also mod P-02 and the rest of Petroglyph games.

Btw I've been more open to a merging between NMA and Nexus than the Nexus people.

As I said before we do have the same goals like Nexus but we want much more - our goals exceed their wildest dreams and I can bet my money that they have no clue how to get to the same vision and results that we have at NMA.

NMA was planned long ago but this not means that you are excluded or something. I only fully knew about Nexus when they come here and they asked us to go to them and populate their forums - this is a sever diplomatic error - but I’m sure that they can learn and improve them self’s.

Anyway they use affiliations for mods - we use full partnership - production publisher style etc.

The NMA will be serious organization and it will be done and work probably even better than we imagine it now.

The rules and the concepts of the NMA are not yet fully debated and rock hard but we do have our main goals ready.

You are a part of our team and you have always been - but your path is your own.

Think ... who made the PFF possible? Who created this unseen before age of communication in the open between developers and fans? (*Especially when LEC is also involved)

Who enabled all this?

Leme tell ya - US ! All of us from PFF !

And it is an almost impossible goal and impossible vision - more difficult to do than the NMA.

Fosh - you are always welcome to stay, join and help us and if you want to be active on the Nexus too - for you I am ready to accept it and I hope that your presence will facilitate a better communication between the NMA and he Nexus and we will have merging in the future.

PS. EvilleJedi has now Moderator powers - congrats EJ ! :D

- The Trivium Organization - Community Manager -

- Petroglyph Fan Forums - CoAdmin & Human Resources Manager -

Hello PFF,

Please register at the forums to help the community grow and feel free to browse around the main site as well. For More information check the FAQ on the website.

Hi Bryant - we in thw PFF are curently working on such a moding organization but we have a different vision on how things should be run since we did it 2 times before for different games (SWR and RTW).

Anyway if you guys will like our system - it should be up in max one month - we will always be open for a mergeing or any type of cooperation.

gratz EJ, you earned it, havent seen your mod, but i hear it has left a lasting impression, mind zap at will!

and cain, try to start out small with this NMA stuff, just go with a few mods to start nothin big, when you try to make something the biggest and best and never before seen it usually falls flat on its face and your back to wehre you should of started out from, the few mods that change the games in little ways, in time it will become what you want, but you cant rush it

ill be a lacky though :P

I've have you now - Lord Vader

I don't think Eville Jedi knows the definition of a "small" modification. :lol:

Forum and RPG Membership:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/StellarMagic01/RaporaWarsTC.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/StellarMagic01/RaporaWarsRPG2.jpg

Signature:

Sufficiently advanced technology would be indistinguishable from Magic. -Arthur C. Clarke

Gah, Silly www.starwars.com site, i'm trying to get info for a race and Zabraks aren't in the damn list when Darth Maul is, hey look for yourself if you dont believe me:

:arrow:http://www.starwars.com/databank/species/

:arrow:http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/darthmaul/index.html

I find that messed up. Yes i'm making 2 mods but they're both mini mods but Gundam is more for PFF Forum members and that Race mod is for everybody. Yes I have no modders but after all NMA should fix that right? Gundam is I want renders done anytime and for Races once the demo and full game release. :roll: Sorry to spoil the mood or topic but How can such a official site have flaws :|

Well for a first version you should just make a playable version of the races that are in the game's vanilla.

Anyway, StarWars.com stinks when it comes to information in the Databank. I'd suggest TheForce.net's unoffical encyclopedia.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/StellarMagic01/RaporaWarsTC.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/StellarMagic01/RaporaWarsRPG2.jpg

Signature:

Sufficiently advanced technology would be indistinguishable from Magic. -Arthur C. Clarke

Yes good idea steller, well i'll edit the release units tomorrow properly tomorrow. Silly website should be fixed since I need more units for Zabrak unless someone ones to invent :P

You'll have to event some. None of Darth Maul's stuff was of Zabrack Manufacture... :evil: Most of it was built by Kuat.

If you're looking for wookie units, take some from Star Wars Battlegrounds.

Signature:

:arrow: Btw I've been contacted by the Nexus people for explications about merging and I will reply them soon when I will have the time to go diplomatic. They want to know what we have to offer.

:arrow: I also want to convince Brett Tosti (*The original EAW Lead Producer) to be our Lead Producer at NMA ... will see if he has the time.

:arrow: Now my main point is that the NMA will get results for moders on multiple levels not only just make mods.

:arrow: I used the mods to start working in the industry so I know that i can help the others do the same not to mention that we will share actual working system and industry knowhow that will help a lot when you are submitting a CV. Ghostly knows how much Brett T helped me.

:arrow: Many of us are old moders and we are way past the simple satisfaction of just makeing a mod and getting some feedback , we already had our places of glory so now we want to aim for the game industry , we want to prove something and learn more etc.

:arrow: Fosh you are not my lacky and I never seen you as that - do as you wish - we own you too much not to respect your decision.

:arrow: Also it is not a war betwen NMA and the Nexus - its a DEBATE ... just that.

:arrow: The NMA creation was rushed before his time .... so for now we have a poor look - but this will change in the future.

:arrow: So my point is simple - The Nexus should merge with us if they trully want what they say they want - since anyway we actually do the same as they but we also bring much more to a moding group ....

:arrow: We will probably assimilate their management structure and merge it with our own.... etc.

wooo now I can annihilate people without a thought yay!

EvilleJedi :) loll - yes you can do "Judge Dread" actions around here - since I personally trust your judgements and I hope the rest are too ... but I'm sure that this will not be your actual job ;)

ok seeya soon guys - got to run

:arrow: Fosh you are not my lacky and I never seen you as that - do as you wish - we own you too much not to respect your decision.

:arrow: So my point is simple - The Nexus should merge with us if they trully want what they say they want - since anyway we actually do the same as they but we also bring much more to a moding group ....

This is the Precise reason why I will not be active on the forum!!!

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/knivesdamaster/tags/sith_omguserbar_member.jpg

I think Cain means 'owe' there. I'm pretty sure he doesn't consider you his property. :wink:

I think you might be overreacting a little here Fosh.

"And the moral of the story is: Appreciate what you've got, because basically; I'm fantastic." ~ Holly, Red Dwarf

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y143/Lord_Darkmark/Forcedbanner01.jpg

http://www.starwarsforced.co.uk

Well maybe to make NMA helpful tool for mods since if we're 2 groups vs each other things are going to be worse then if we're one becaues we wont be competetive but more focused on actually helping people out instead of saying "Ya this is my zone you work on your zones mod". What if they have the things you need? Well we could just work together. And I told myself I wouldn't message these kind of posts :|

Cain just wants to be helpful and actually make mods properly support Petroglyph games.

Well maybe to make NMA helpful tool for mods since if we're 2 groups vs each other things are going to be worse then if we're one becaues we wont be competetive but more focused on actually helping people out instead of saying "Ya this is my zone you work on your zones mod". What if they have the things you need? Well we could just work together. And I told myself I wouldn't message these kind of posts :|

Cain just wants to be helpful and actually make mods properly support Petroglyph games.

but whats the competition? sure if you need a tool or something you can ask people and if they dont give it to you, then tough luck...

you dont have to all be part of one site in order to share tools, i could go to NMA and nexus to find waht i need, but all this assimilation is just going a tad overboad in my books.

I've have you now - Lord Vader

Not Assimulating but making it one big group that will help another Gen. If it was 2 or more groups then all we're going to get is what we have now:

:arrow: join us.

:arrow: no join us.

:arrow: join us because we've been around longer and always push the bounderies.

:arrow no join us since we need more people.

:arrow: Lets just get into one big group and help one another without competition in mind and get things done properly

:arrow: All we want is too make a big helping community

:arrow: Ya so do we but we also want to make it better quality

and this arguement could go on and on but that isn't civilized and neither what I just said but lets just focus on actually HELPING EACH OTHER.

by "own" I ment - "owe" ! Loll

Fosh - you over react - You should have knwon me better ;)

We do not assimilate the Nexus - I said merge - a merging is a pretty honorable action and involves both sides.

When I said assimilation in the past I was refering to Mods only and it means in my view : Total communication and total help and shareing.

Just this :)

crap I posted in the wrong forum for mod recruitment. Does anybody know of a place were I can recruit modders? This sucks that I posted in the wrong forum for a certain product :cry:

lol nice avatar, aight thanks and you able to go on msn? I got this stupid school blocker and I want to get my message up as soon as possible for my mod since I screwed up last night.