Would you support a delay in the release of EAW if...

Teradyn_pff

Would you be ok with a delay to EAW to extend the timeline through RotJ?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be ok with a delay to EAW to extend the timeline through RotJ?

• Only if they stuck to canon.
    • I would wait till fall '06 for the SSD, B-wing, etc.
    • No, absolutely not. I want this game last week!

I for one think that they should release what they have on schedule. A delay to add more content doesn't guarantee that they will get it right, but it would make it easier for us to mod the values to make it closer to canon. We have talented modellers out here gearing up for the release already so we should have the game we want probably faster than if it was official.

My Death Star is bigger than your Death Star!

"The XML is strong with this one!"

http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/type/0/teradyn.png

I wouldn't mind them delaying till mid summer, to add the stuff in to go up to the ROTJ timeline. I don't think it would take all the way till fall to do it.

Then again I wouldn't mind them releasing the game in feb, and coming out with an expansion that extends the game to ROTJ (notice I say extend, meaning starting at the same point, not starting at say ESB) in the fall

Wait? I thought we don't know the timeline it goes to ROTJ? episode 6?

We do know the timeline and it only goes through the end of A New Hope (Episode IV). This question is about whether or not you would be willing to wait for EAW's release to have them extend the timeline to the end of Return of the Jedi.

My Death Star is bigger than your Death Star!

"The XML is strong with this one!"

http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/type/0/teradyn.png

I would support it if they added Canon Units like the TIE Experimentals, Defender, the Clone war units like ARC and ETA2.

Then again that would destabilise the sides as the Empire would have a lot more units tro research than the Rebels.

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/knivesdamaster/tags/sith_omguserbar_member.jpg

I would support it if they added Canon Units like the TIE Experimentals, Defender, the Clone war units like ARC and ETA2.

Then again that would destabilise the sides as the Empire would have a lot more units tro research than the Rebels.

As much as I like to see clone wars units the problem is that all the canon is not yet written for them. We don't know if the Rebels get the ARCs or if the imperials hold on to them. We also don't know if the imperials annex the speratist ships or if the rebels fix them up from scrap yards.

From the EU we see that the ETA-2 is transformed into the TIE and the ARC's sister ship the Headhunter is upgraded to the X-wing. I think the ARC was for the Elite Republic Troopers not for general Sale.
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/knivesdamaster/tags/sith_omguserbar_member.jpg

From the EU we see that the ETA-2 is transformed into the TIE and the ARC's sister ship the Headhunter is upgraded to the X-wing. I think the ARC was for the Elite Republic Troopers not for general Sale.

Yep, it wasn't but once the republic became the empire, the empire switched from heavy duty fighters to simple. Just look at the difference between Vaders ETA to his Tie fighter, a big difference in technology. I imagine the empire would have did away with the ARC and a few ended up in Rebel hands.

A very delicate question... but I think I'm absolutely satisfied with the ships from EPIII to the end of EPIV if there will be an expansion with the timeline EPV to EPVI+. I don't want to miss these great EPIII and old republic units, but I want a well balanced version of the post EPIV vehicle-pool too (mods are cool too, but is much more difficult to balance new vehicles for a modding crew than for the guys at Petro). So the only good solution would be a expansion set with some units beeing replaced (rebel fleet gets some self designed units for special use like the b-wing. empire gets more massive units like the ssd and advanced space superiority fighters like the Avenger or Defender TIEs) And I think that it would be no prob to give us an expansion if EAW sells well because of the possibility to implent new planets, story missions and heroes into the strategic part of the game.

I just want to adding those units should NOT cause that kind of delay, if they were to add say 5-10 units to each side I would imagine that it would cause a month delay at max. Its really a question of whether they could afford to hire an extra artist.

I'll only wait till Febuary but if it gets moved again i'll go insane. Yes I support them but if they want to move the date again they better give us a demo to keep up the hype.

An expansion seems better suited now that they've already pushed the release date back once. One and a half years in production is a little too much in my opinion, especially since they're so near now. Then, come it's release, give them one year more to do a good expansion with that stuff in. That makes sense.

"And the moral of the story is: Appreciate what you've got, because basically; I'm fantastic." ~ Holly, Red Dwarf

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y143/Lord_Darkmark/Forcedbanner01.jpg

http://www.starwarsforced.co.uk

Yupp, and as we know the guys at west.. uhm ... petroglyph always did a great job with their expansions.. even if they never had large amounts of new units they almost every time had some very well balanced ones and good new features as well as challenging missions for the pros. And there is another good thing about an expansion : If the game is released summer or fall 06 no one will talk about it anymore in fall 07.. if there would be an expansion the community will waiting until the expansion comes out which could be in spring 07 there would be still people left in 08 to do some work in the modding scene ;)

I don't get the canon poll question? I didn't vote because the option i wanted just plain old yes isn't there, nor is other. I would wait if they added up too episode 6 ROTJ
http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/1135/jmaster3265signew13rd.jpg

I'm having a hard time comprehending this. Why would they release a game that doesn't cover Episodes 4-6 completely?

Expansions?

Not saying they are money grubbers......well actually I am (but not to be taken negatively), but it is a business, LECs and Petros job is to make money and when a possibility arises that that they can make almost the same amount without some content then make an expansion later with that content they are going to go with that.

Here's the reason why they did the timeline this way, they get two easy to produce expansions.

Expansions that include a few feature additions and mostly units are very cheap to make, especially if you make the game easy to mod in the first place.

If they had made the game ROTS-ROTHJ they could have done probably one possibly two expansions.

Clone Wars and Expanded Universe

Expanded Universe would not have been as great of seller because for a lot of fan's its not a must buy.

The way they are doing the game allows for a Clone Wars and a ANH-ROTJ expansion both of which will be must buys.