Express your opinion on the timeline tech news here.

Teradyn_pff

Please select which statement reflects how the news that the game will basically end timeline-wise at ANH.  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Please select which statement reflects how the news that the game will basically end timeline-wise at ANH.

• I will buy the game because it is made by most of the people that made Command and Conquer.
    • I will probably buy the game because I want a decent Star Wars RTS and Empire at War will be a welcome upgrade to Rebellion, SSD and company missing notwithstanding.
    • I will wait to see if the game plays well enough with the demo before deciding. I was going to buy the game for sure before this news.
    • I will buy the game because it is Star Wars.
    • I will buy the game because it is an RTS set in Star Wars.
    • I will not buy this game. The timeline and/or exclusion of post ANH ships (except for Alliance ships like Mon Cal, etc.) is a deal breaker for me.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, the very presense of such units and characters like Mara Jade, Veers, the AT-AT and AT-ST, the A-Wing, the Mon Calimari Cruiser, the Nebulon B Frigate, and the Interdictor Cruiser (none of which were to be seen in Episodes I-IV) proves that the removal of the SSD and others was less of a matter of canon and more of a backdoor for a sequel. It's very pick 'n choose, sad to say. I don't blame the gents at Petroglyph for it, though. Probably was those moneygrubbing shit heads at Lucasarts.

Err, the Tech Tree don't work that way, Naja. :)

It's not about when you see them first in the movie, but when they were deployed in Star Wars Lore.

The only ones deployed after ANH from the list you provided, is the Interdictor and the A-Wing.

http://www.lfnetwork.com/images/lfnlinker.gif

Star Wars: Empire at War.Net Moderator

&

SWGalaxies Moderator

Co-Leader of The Affiliates! -A-

- What we do in life, echoes in eternity!

- May the pants be with you!

Anyway, as others have stated, an SSD would be pretty hard to balance in the game considering the rebels didn't really have anything to compare it to (other than the bulwark cruiser). With the DS all you had to do was do the trench run, but with an SSD it would be a lot harder to kill, because there is no easy way to blow it up.

Well, the Interdictor and A-Wing are in it so I can only hope for the TIE Defender *prays*

Tie defender definetly wont make it in. As the SSD was in developement during ANH, the defender was in developement during ROTJ. But if the SSD didn't make it, the defender wouldn't even make it if they were to take the timeline all the way up to ROTJ.

Anyway, as others have stated, an SSD would be pretty hard to balance in the game considering the rebels didn't really have anything to compare it to (other than the bulwark cruiser). With the DS all you had to do was do the trench run, but with an SSD it would be a lot harder to kill, because there is no easy way to blow it up.

Yeah, but the Rebs and Imps have radically different styles of play. While the Empire was sitting there with its thumb up its ass for God-knows-how-long waiting for its completition, the Rebels could in fact gain superior economy and numbers by taking more planets and building up a superior force of heavy cruisers that - while incapable of 1 on 1 combat against an SSD - together, could well in fact destroy it.

Well, the Interdictor and A-Wing are in it so I can only hope for the TIE Defender *prays*

Tie defender definetly wont make it in. As the SSD was in developement during ANH, the defender was in developement during ROTJ. But if the SSD didn't make it, the defender wouldn't even make it if they were to take the timeline all the way up to ROTJ.

Defender: researched up to ESB. Introduced Pre-Endor in small numbers due to Zaarin's rebellion.

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/knivesdamaster/tags/sith_omguserbar_member.jpg

Defender: researched up to ESB. Introduced Pre-Endor in small numbers due to Zaarin's rebellion.

Yeah. I remember in the book "Isard's Revenge" that Wedge was wondering how the battle of Endor would have gone if TIE defenders had been there in sufficient numbers. If it hadn't been for Zaarin... it would probably have been ugly.