Rumors of the SSDs involvemnt have been false.

Vader89

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll just take the time to say thank you for clearing this matter up. It just goes to show how such a small series of events can balloon up into something much bigger through miscommunication. Thanks again.

"And the moral of the story is: Appreciate what you've got, because basically; I'm fantastic." ~ Holly, Red Dwarf

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y143/Lord_Darkmark/Forcedbanner01.jpg

http://www.starwarsforced.co.uk

YAAAAAAYYY!!!!!

now lets not do this again for the b-wing,v-wing,suncrusher or galaxy gun / any EU or unconfirmed ship

too many headaches

B-wing and Tie interceptor probably aren't in now, since they are definitetly post ANH.

Well im keeping my hopes up for future expansions. Im glad to hear more info may soon be out about the actual game such as units and missions. That's what im mostly intereasted in.

Now we finally know that the game essentially ends at battle of yavin also. That's nice to know.

Well im looking foward to a post Battle of yavin expansion then, espicially TIE Defender! lol jk... i know im being too asking now lol.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/3269/pffuserbar2globalmodnx9.jpg

> Petroglyph Forums Moderator

> LucasForums Moderator

Thanks Delphi for putting this matter down, i guess i kinda "Stirred up the Hornets Nest" with this post. I am feeling a bit depressed, oh well thats what mods are for! :)

hey nevets why do you think they might be in? just because they are post ANH doesnt mean they can be in, if petro allowed us to drastically change the timeline, we could have some b-wings or interceptors in because the player could decide to have them even before when ESB happened, if we could use those extremes
I've have you now - Lord Vader

hey nevets why do you think they might be in? just because they are post ANH doesnt mean they can be in, if petro allowed us to drastically change the timeline, we could have some b-wings or interceptors in because the player could decide to have them even before when ESB happened, if we could use those extremes

That would mean then we should be able to research the SSD, since it was very close to the games timeline.

but for some ships they cant be put in, unless it would upset the game too much, what would be a rebel counter to an SSD? invisibilty? al ships be able to dodge better? im just talking about some cool little snubfighters and light ships, not huge WMDs
I've have you now - Lord Vader

but for some ships they cant be put in, unless it would upset the game too much, what would be a rebel counter to an SSD? invisibilty? al ships be able to dodge better? im just talking about some cool little snubfighters and light ships, not huge WMDs

I kinda wondered that myself. I mean the SSD would be cool and all, but it would unbalance the game to the point of not being as much fun to play. You could argue that it would take forever and many resources to build one. It wouldn't work like the DS where all you had to do was blow the thermal exhaust port. In a lot of ways the SSD would be the ultimate superweapon because it could dominate whole Rebel fleets with ease. I feel that there would have been almost no way to balance putting the SSD in, so they didn't.

Well then so from what I understand no SSD unless Petro is making a EAW 2 (possibility) which would be from 4/5 ish to 6 to maybe EU ? I'm just commenting and just wondering to myself so ignore me :P

Well then thanks Delphi for clearing that up :wink: I'm just worried if I can burn everything on cds to make room before EAW comes out :lol:

But the timeperiod ends at ANH, didn't you read what the developer said?

This game sorta took a nosedive in interest for me now. :cry:

(No, not because of the Executor class not being in, but because we only get to play 3 years. You know, up to ANH)

http://www.lfnetwork.com/images/lfnlinker.gif

Star Wars: Empire at War.Net Moderator

&

SWGalaxies Moderator

Co-Leader of The Affiliates! -A-

- What we do in life, echoes in eternity!

- May the pants be with you!

No, it seems I missunderstood.

The Tech Tree doesn't go further than up to ANH, plus a few extra units from right after, minus the SSD obviously. Possibly no Lancer Frigate too.

http://www.lfnetwork.com/images/lfnlinker.gif

Star Wars: Empire at War.Net Moderator

&

SWGalaxies Moderator

Co-Leader of The Affiliates! -A-

- What we do in life, echoes in eternity!

- May the pants be with you!

I do belive Alucard and company are on the case with that mod of theirs. I wonder if there is going ot be an exspansion pack, and if there is when it'll come out.

Yea thats the feel I kind of get from this, that they are just keeping stuff for an expansion. Kind of like the Balance of Power expansion for X-wing vs. Tie fighter, where in the expansion you got the B-wing and SSD.

I would be ok with the expansion as long as they add lots of new planets and heros as well. Problem is, since the game is easily moddable, they will need to do it better than the modders, or fewer people will buy it.

But the timeperiod ends at ANH, didn't you read what the developer said?

This game sorta took a nosedive in interest for me now. :cry:

(No, not because of the Executor class not being in, but because we only get to play 3 years. You know, up to ANH)

Yes, it has for me as well. I am extremely disappointed that the technology timeline will be cut off at ANH. A-Wings, B-Wings, Tie-Advanced, Tie-Defender, etc. should not show up if the Executor class Star Dreadnaught is not in. I think that alot of our hopes have been crushed with this news. I know that many others were hoping to play through the first trilogy from pre-ANH to at least RotJ technology-wise.

We can only hope that the modability of this game lives up to its hype as it is apparent that it is up to the players to finish the game and make it what it should be.

This being said. I hope that the Death Star has enough flexibility to be modded into the Death Star II. The skin shouldn't be too hard, except the background showing through might have to be simulated. The real problem will be making the superlaser able to target ships. As it stands now this game is slipping more and more into a promise of good things only to fall short on reality.

This is more of a RTS and tech demo with Star Wars as a convenient theme than a really good Star Wars RTS game. Hopefully there are enough tools, like I said, that the fans of what we thought we were getting can make it into what we want.

My Death Star is bigger than your Death Star!

"The XML is strong with this one!"

http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/type/0/teradyn.png