Hurricane Katrina (Stuff here might be sensative)

Ghostly_Substance

Told you Canada isn't a bad place. The bad thing in Canada are the currupt and brainless politics.

Well now i'm hearing "rumors" that Bush's wife didn't want Bush to help the New Orlean's people so he got "delayed" at helping them.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya know, a major reason why there's so much catastrophe in New Orleans is because the National guard troops, National Guard helecopters, and the funding that would have otherwise increased levy and water pump security went to - you guessed it! - Iraqi 'Freedom'. :?

Alright you have invoked my Conservative anger. Yes the levees should have been strengthened but shut the hell up! 2 reasons, 1st it is in the past, coulda would shoulda, cant change it now. 2nd i dont want to here any Anti-american comments as far as our soldiers go. Say whatever you want about the countrybut nothing against our troops out there fighting to make the world a better place. Thats the kind of thing that just pisses me off if you cant tell. Even if you think the war is pointless and whatever dont diss the troops or the effort. Diss the president or whatever, although how is a natural disaster somehow his fault? Everythuing seems to be bushes fault nowadays and thats another thing im sick of.

On topic: Yes the people should have evacuated when they were told. Yes it wasnt the greatest place for a city but it does have Many valid reasons for being there. And thank you canada for sending aid! Along with a ton of other countries that are helping out we all thank you and hope to overcome this disaster.

i didnt get the same message from him, it diodnt sound an anti solider thing, my dad is one,i think he was saying that the troops/resources that they had were in iraq, a wrong place wrong time scenario. and i blame bush for your comment :P and ghozst, where did you hear that piece of info about the wife?

I've have you now - Lord Vader

i dont want to here any Anti-american comments as far as our soldiers go.

Tell me, where in my post did I say anything disrespectful of our troops? I meant that they and their lives are being wasted in a useless war that has nothing to do with our security, or the Iraqis' freedom. And Bush is rightfully blamed for this, because he is the worst excuse for a president we have had since that dunderhead Reagan made a mockery of us, and our true American values of democracy and pluralism. Out of his five years of being our president, the amount of time Bush has spent vacationing adds up to one of those years.

Vader89, singling out those who did wrong is not dwelling on the past. It's holding accountable those who are responsible. Is remembering the Holocaust "coulda shoulda" ? After all, what's done is done; let's move on! A lot of Germans echoed those words, before and after the Nuhremberg Trials. Wrong deeds should not be dwelt on, you are correct, but they should never be forgotten, lest they happen again.

I didn't hear that about Bush's wife, but I know that Barbara Bush made some arrogant-ass comment about how since the refuges "were disadvantaged anyway," they are somehow better off. :evil:

*Side note* I've noticed something: I'm a cold-hearted pro-Imperial guy, but I really sound like how a Rebel would. :shock:

i wont say anything about this bad happening

the american politikers makes her work to slow. some Days earlier the hurrican was found on satelite pictures so they had work some faster. For the German Regierung i would only say, at the mom say spend a lot of money to the american for help to raise up theyr publicity for the Wahlen "German Word i dont know at the mom the english word" but in Germany some other People lost theyr House during highwater and they dont become anything. The same happened last year at the sunami spending lost of money with we dont have an the small people must spend more Money for the taxes.

Why is English one of the most speaken languages? German is more better, it sounds better and i did unterstandt it ^^ but for you i will spoke english too, not good but you should unterstand me ^^

"Der Preis der Freiheit, ist ewige Wachsamkeit" Col. Blair Herz des Tigers

Now here's something odd:

http://www.tfans.com/talk/index.php?showtopic=33296

And if you call me a geek for going to that website, remember THIS IS STAR WARS YA HYPOCRITICAL HACK.

"My doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and am therefore excused from saving universes"-Ford Prefect

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/9513/bam7hn.gif

*Hurts Fosh*

Revenge for WW2 ? Pfft they're happier now then before. Why ? Look at all the damn tech they're making and sending out. They're rich as you cant believe and so they're spending it on more tech research and far surpasses American Tech :roll: I dont see America building humanoid robots but I do see American building military vehicle robots.

I heard that Bush "rumor" from my mom who watches CNN a lot so........

I just used Google World map software and I just toured Tokyo Japan and damn what a Nice place. Now I know how to get from Imperial palace to downtown (just head north :P:roll: ) I toured New Orleans but fell asleep (Sorry if that offends anybody but nothing special in that city). I toured New York and the Americans are paranoid about revealing the Twin Tower location (Was all blurry). I toured Montreal and blurred (Ok this is when I spotted my connection cutting). I toured Berlin and looked quickly, was nice place. I toured Paris and damn nice nice place :lol: I toured London and saw the ferris wheel. I noticed I was disconnected so I quited the thing.

I vote that Crazy Tiki Monkey becomes the next President!!!

I second that motion. He can't be any worse than the monkey thay have at the moment.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y143/Lord_Darkmark/Random%20Rubbish/FoshMonkyUsa.jpg

Your monkey really does need YOU!

"And the moral of the story is: Appreciate what you've got, because basically; I'm fantastic." ~ Holly, Red Dwarf

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y143/Lord_Darkmark/Forcedbanner01.jpg

http://www.starwarsforced.co.uk

How would you like to know what your putting your life on the line for is worthless? How would you like people saying that what your doing is pointless and dumb? But if you dont think we should be there how about the US does this:

Apologize for "Interfering" with the world, past and present we wont "Interfere" anymore like when we interfered with the good ol' boys, you know: Hitler, Stalin, Mussolini, Hussein, etc. We will never do it again.

And i just got over the nightmares from the flaming monkeyhead now they'l be back with the Uncle Sam Flaming Monkey Head!!! Lol! :lol:

How would you like to know what your putting your life on the line for is worthless? How would you like people saying that what your doing is pointless and dumb? But if you dont think we should be there how about the US does this:

Apologize for "Interfering" with the world, past and present we wont "Interfere" anymore like when we interfered with the good ol' boys, you know: Hitler, Stalin, Mussolini, Hussein, etc. We will never do it again.

I don't understand your reasoning...you're saying that we should support the pointless and dumb policies that our policy-makers are embarking upon, to prevent our soldiers from feeling that what they're doing is pointless and dumb? Isn't that circular logic? I mean, which is more ideal: fixing a problem, despite how painful the realization may be that there exists a problem, or sweeping it under the rug and sweet-talking everyone? Is that really your idea of support? It's just like fumbling around in a pitch-black room, looking for the door, and instead of using trial and error to find it, you continually bang your head against the same spot of wall - I mean sure, you're "staying the course," but you're still in the damned room.

I say it again: supporting the troops is not dependant on supporting the policy. Think it through: if you think that the policy is wrong, wouldn't your support for the troops be to care for their well-being and fix the situation so that they can come home?

With all due respect, I found your last comment very naive. You're being very absolutist and equating our current foreign policy to our past foreign policy actions, like WW II, for example. "After all, if you're against the Iraq war, you must therefore believe that any and all previous American wars were wrong," is almost what it sounds like you're saying. Now, let's make some distinctions here:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WW2: Justified - Hitler and Hirohito embarked on murderous and genocidal wars of conquest, attacked and annexed our allies.

Korea: Justified - Our South Korean allies/satellite state were attacked.

First Gulf War: Justified - Iraq embarked on a war of conquest against our Kuwaiti ally, war was completely condoned and supported by the new international community.

Present conflict in Afghanistan: Not being handled well, but justified: Taliban was sheltering bin Laden and top al-Qaeda lieutenants, supported and condoned by international community; especially in the wake of massive global sympathy for 9/11.

Present Iraq War: Unjustified - Contrary to the administration's (constantly changing) claims, and even disproved by various Bush administration cabinet members like Colin Powell and Richard Clarke and CIA reports, Iraq posed no threat to our security; no provable link at all to al-Qaeda, no WMDs, nada. "Mission of democracy" crap was a ruse to detract the public eye from the fact that the original rationales for going to war were completely innacurate and...fabricated. War was waged with complete disregard for international law, and the international community, which was vehemently opposed to it. The war, militarily and politically, is being lost much for the same reasons that Vietnam was lost: the administration walked into a situation with no clear understanding of what they wanted to accomplish, with no expectation of resistance (remember Rumseld saying that whole bit about "being greeted as liberators"?), with a fraction of the number of men required, and further distancing the American people's popular support for the operation with endless displays of their deceit, incompetence, and utter disregard for the lives of the Ameircan soldiers they so "support."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This war was simply an orchestration of the Project for the New American Century, a cabal of neoconservative intellectuals like Paul Wolfowitz, Dick Cheyney, and Donald Rumsfeld who want the US to supplant the role of the UN. In their early 2000 report, "Rebuilding America's Defenses," it shows that Iraq and the exploitation of something like 9/11 were already on their mind:

"The United States has for decades sought to play a more permanent role in Gulf regional security...the need for a substantial American force presence in the Gulf transcends the issue of the regime of Saddam Hussein." (pg. 14)

The goal always has been to get a permanent garrison of American bases in the Middle East region to safeguard access to oil, and to support our client states.

"Although Saudi domestic sensibilities demand that the forces based in the Kingdom nominally remain rotational...it has become apparent that this is now a semi-permanent mission. From an American perspective, the value of such bases ensures even should Saddam pass from the scene...retaining forward-based forces in the region would still be an essential element in U.S. security strategy given the longstanding American interests in the region." (pg. 17)

This basically means that bases in the Middle East are going to be a permanent extension of American military and political influence. Given that Saudi Arabia, Iran, and Iraq posess the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd largest natural deposits of petroleum in the world, it doesn't take much of an imagination to guess at what those "interests" are. The obvious goal would be to mold the latter two countries to be more like Saudi Arabia: client states that provide us with their oil and strategic influence, in exchange for our support in keeping their corrupt regimes afloat.

"The process of transformation...is likely to be a long one, absent some catastrophic and catalyzing event - like a new Pearl Harbor." (pg. 51)

The changes we want to make in the armed forces and our foreign policy aren't going to come swiftly - unless something SOOO terrible happens, that we can manipulate fear and confusion among Americans to enact them instantly! Enter September 11th.

Here's the whole text of their report:

http://newamericancentury.org/RebuildingAmericasDefenses.pdf

Alright well i aint gonna aruge about this anymore. Your entitled to your opinion and im entitled to mine (Which is the right one :twisted: ) Thats what this country was founded on, i support the president i am a Patriot.

Uh this was supposed to be about Katrina. How did we get into America starting fake wars ? :? Oh right Bush and his wife got into a fight to help out New Orleans people to safety and things like that. :?

Well Bush knew the only way to get support to get oil from Iraq was to destroy the Twin Towers (Think i'm naive and believing everything ask the fireman that went to the twin towers, it was blasted down). It was all staged just to get to Iraq and if you think i'm believing things sadly we all do and I looked at 2 videos at how 9/11 was all staged. I was shocked at all the evidence pointed to how evil Bush is. Hes in some evil clan (forget the name) that even Hitler was in to make eternal wars on earth. Now i'll stop here and next time I'll just end up deleting this topic. Besides I wrote sensative in the topic, its not like its for decoration.

I take it Naja, you are not a Marine or soldier in Iraq, because if you think the Iraqis arent better off then before, you are braindead.

I wrote this post on the Sun Herald, a forum/newspaper in Mississippi, Ill put it here as well.

How dare you blame this on the feds! Its isnt their job to be the first on the scene, it isnt their job to order and see to the evacuations, and it isnt their job to run the recovery effort in a place they dont know, that is why we elect mayors, and govoners.

I live in Ocean Springs, right next to Biloxi, and the first people on the scene were people from accros the country in the form of the Coast Guard and National Guard. Its not the goverments fault that the people of New Orleans went back home after being told not to, only to be traped. And it isnt their fault that some mainiacs decided to open fire and hault relief operations.

Now we know FEMA is effective because of their handling of Ivan last year, but FEMA relies on infastructure like water and power to be in place in order to errect tent cities. We dont have those in many places. The towns of D'Iberville, Long Beach, Pass Christian, and Pascagoula are leveled, as is the city of Biloxi. You cant give power and water back to homes of match sticks. Where do you think all the money for these MREs, generators, and bottled water the National Guard is handing out came from eh? It comes out of the Fed Budget.

You want to blame sombody? Blame the Mayors and Govoners for failing to notify people of the danger, blame the news casters for saying how great conditions in New Orleans are when the water was rising at 4 inches per hour! I mean, what do you think Kerry wouldve done different?! Snaped his fingers and made everything perfect? Or done the famous Clinton "I feel your pain" and hightailed it back to Washington.

And as for that terrorist attack crap, I moved here last year from New York, I was there when 9/11 happend, so dont tell ME about the goverments response to that! What do you think Kerry or Gore would do to defend us? At least Bush has the guts to fight the war over seas instead of in our backyards and cities! Or, heres a pleasent thought, we couldve gone the Clinton route...

Step 1. Order between 2 to 14 cruise missles fired at whoever offended us (this is optional)

Step 2. Buy off whoever has done somthing to us. Preferably use sensitive technology, or massive ammounts of supplies that they can use against us later.

I must wonder if all you people screaming at the Febs are the people the Coast Guard and National Guard have rescued. Or the people that got free generators and food/water from a FEMA center. Or if you even live in the area.

Im the same guy as before btw, and ill follow up on the Iraq thing now.

Do you know why our soldiers keep volunteering for additional Tours of Duty in Iraq? Even after they have spent months in Walter Reed in therepy? Its because they can see the good they are doing. Iraq has gone from a backwater 3rd world country to the makings of a great country.

Schools and hospitals are opening, people have real money in their pockets and a say in who governs them, unlike during Sadams reign. And i ask you this, you say the war has nothing to do with our security. What about all of the KNOWN Al-Queida operatives and command personel we've captured there hmm? Or will you ignore all progress we have made?

If you dont want to bring the war to the terrorists, where do YOU want to fight them? On American soil? Because, let me tell you, if they had the manpower to spare from fighting us in Iraq, they could send HUNDREDS of people through the borders. And, yes, you guessed it, this means Im a supporter of the Minuteman Project...

FLAME ON!!!

Ah so if your doing good then why are 10,000 + suiciding in Iraq ? Almost everyweek theres a count of suicide in Iraq or Middle Eastern Area. Btw if Bin Laden was real and you Americans have the latest technology in finding people why haven't we found Bin Laden in 3 years or so ? Sorry to be rude but put your tech where you boast. You found Sudam under a rug in a hole o yay but wheres Bin Laden ? He can only go so far and these latest night vision, heat vison and such goggles and you still cant find him ?

Ok about the Katrina part, its the people who are effected that cry out to be saved American style and they expect America to be the greatest country only to turn it into a crap hole. :?

Ive been in this disaster area for 2 weeks, no power, no water, and no gas, and im not crying out to be rescued. The only people who are complaining about the response of our goverment are the people who arent down here to see the support weve gotten.

The US doesnt say that about itself, the rest of the world says that. But fine, We do have one of the fastest growing economies on the planet, we do have alot of top of the line tech, and we are a great country. But how are we supposed to get anything done when the rest of the world moans whenever we move a company of troops a few miles down the road? We cant find Bin Laden because, guess what, hes not in Afganastan, hes not in the US, hes not in a Coalition Country, and hes not in Iraq. HES IN PAKISTAN!! And guess what, they wont let us IN to Pakistan. We cant do squat when the UN hates us, and the rest of the world (minus a few key countries, including Iraq) would perfer it if we didnt exist.

Well the crying I heard from where from the New Orleans area from CNN and yes they say they're the most trusted news but its just bias crap. Well CNN is the most currupted crap that they only follow horrible kind of stories and never the good kind. They do show good stuff but its only when they want you to be happy.

Lol Iraq never agreed to any violence from America and Saddam said "This is a play" but nobody was being serious and ever commented that. YOu can invade Iraq but not Pakistan ? LOL. Yes I know your point about everybody moaning but they're doing that for a reason and most Europeans me and my friend asked in 2003 said they hated the Americans because of the war. Also I think your taking the 9/11 a bit to far since it happened quite a while ago and us Canadians aren't even mourning them but we did the next year that event happened. Yes we know they died but what happened happened and cant be changed.

edit: I'm not saying to stop mourning but everytime some special event happens that does with death we cant mourn for thousands of years. We would still be mourning the death of the Roman Empire and well since the ww2 vetarans are dieing we're slowly stopping mourning the dead but we still remember them in our hearts.

Oh, and, btw, where in gods name did you get the number 10000+ eh? Moveon.org lol. No no! It was CNN.com!!

The US was attacked PERIOD. We had similar death tolls at Pearl Harbor, and we acted. We dont submit to presure like Spain, and we dont cower in fear like the French. But now Europe is under attack as well. Iraq and Afgan have had FREE elections for the first time in living memory! And you DARE to say that they arent better off. Chindren can get proper health care and education, and women have rights now.

Do you have any idea what the total population of those 2 countries are compared to the number of insurgents? the insurgents make up roughly 0.12% of the population. The only reason the other segment of the population isnt coverd on the news is because the news likes drama, not hope.

On a less sarcastic and mean note....what country are YOU from?

Uh look to the left and you'll see. Btw i'm not here for a angry arguement so relax a bit or I might delete this thread if this goes too far.

10,000 suicides was everywhere on the news, on yahoo, msn, google, slovak, and British news. YOu know basicly everywhere. Btw cowardly French ? Ok that is just stupid how the hell was the French suposed to fight the NAZI's who were stronger then the Americans at the time ? We needed more then 3 countries to beat the Nazi's and you say French are cowards. Thats a damn old sterotype from WW1 and 2. British where getting their teeth knocked out and you say French are cowards.

Ok the US let Pearl Harbor happen and they knew it also and let it happen. Just wanted to enter the war and show how strong you are by defeating them. Hitting 1 bird with 2 stones

What gives Canada the right to judge what happend in 9/11? 3000 americans dead from terrorists. And what gives Canada the right to give our goverment flak over anything that happens in the US. CNN is bias, i perfer FOX and MSNBC.

What gives Canada the right to judge anyone? What has Canada done for the world? What would Canada do if 3000 people were killed in Toranto from a terror attack? We followed Al-Queida as they moved there bases.

INVADE PAKISTAN!?!?! Are you after WWIII?! We invaded Iraq for two reasons

1. Evil Dictator

2. Al-Queida

Pakistan has no huge terror network like Iraq, and the US isnt a big war mongering country that does whatever it wants. Do we boast of our achivments? Of course, everyone does. And we have had arrogant goverments, but America isnt the evil corruption grafted the World Press makes us out to be.

I have family in Iraq, i get pics, and movies every day from them. And if I were old enough i would volunteer in a heart beat. I have seen the improvments we have brought there.

And dont you DARE bad mouth WWII vets.