Hurricane Katrina (Stuff here might be sensative)

Ghostly_Substance

Note: I'm no racist and i'm not going against America in this post.

Extremely negative (Read at your own will)

Rioting ?! What will that do ? O wow your rioting now the american army is going to save you American style :?:evil: Looting the French ? Just pathetic. Yes I know you got flooded but its your falt for not leaving when you had the chance and taking shelter. Btw one last thing, who the hell builds a city on a swamp thats below sea level that you can get easily flooded (hence those walls of weakness). If this was in Florida people would be up and running by now.

Bright Side

Well Canada is willing to help the Americans at New Orleans with aid and shelter. Hope New Orleans get relocated at a safer place unless they want to get flooded and destroyed again. French people should get away from that area and go to a safer place as well :roll:

I mourn the death of the people that died at New Orleans and wish you the best.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya know, a major reason why there's so much catastrophe in New Orleans is because the National guard troops, National Guard helecopters, and the funding that would have otherwise increased levy and water pump security went to - you guessed it! - Iraqi 'Freedom'. :?

strange,compassion and cynicism in the same post. well someone has to live there right? and i agree people should have moved when they had the chance. now the streets are in TOTAL ANARCHY! ill let you ponder that for a moment

people being raped

people getting killed

no electricity or plumbing

everything is stolen.

its sad to see people treat one another that way. its like the indonesian crisis last year, but the thing you need to see is that WHERE DO THEY GO? someone has to live there, they cant close off hundreds of miles of good farmland and keep it enforced.also i think the vandals arent looting the french, they are looting the citizens.you want the french out but what about the other people?

my 2 cents

these are sad times,i hope they make a speedy recovery.

I've have you now - Lord Vader

I wasn't clear since I was editing my post about 20 times before I posted it.

I said move everybody to somewhere to the North, East or West. Where would thye go ? To another city where its safer such as the crazy city called Mobile. How ? Car there, I bet theres a bus service to get there. Leave farmland and such behind ? You could do that in another place and do you want to get killed ?

This or the 1000 killed in the iraq stampede? Either way there's a lot of crap going on in the world.

But don't think that mass-deaths are a modern thing. In th epast there has been worse, like the Harrying of the North (when all th emales in northen England were slaughtered) or the two world wars.

"My doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and am therefore excused from saving universes"-Ford Prefect

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/9513/bam7hn.gif

Damn, what you goin to do now ? Just play games on the pc and excersise ? Lol.

Damn what I dont understand is New Orleans got its supplies yet people are crying, I read this on MSN. "They should have given us supplies earlier so we dont want it now" then other people shout out they agree. Uh reality check this aint the american movies were people get saved instantly. Only in America I guess ? Just be happy you got supplies and stop crying. Sometimes I dont understand these people.

i dont think you, or even u i will understand, its a whole new way of living down there.but whatever happens hopefully they can restore order and recover quickly. i hear at least 10% of our oil comes from the gulf :? going to hit gas prices hard down here for us yanks

Its smashing into "rip-off" Britain at the moment. Our GAs prices are already like 90p per Gallon and the Barrels are going at like $70 a barrel or something insane like that!!
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/knivesdamaster/tags/sith_omguserbar_member.jpg

hey here are a few things to lighten the mood

do british people have a fourth of july?

how many animals did moses put on the ark?

joes mom had 7 kids, saturday, sunday,monday,tuesday,wendsday, thursday and what other?

first one to tell me the RIGHT answeres gets a big surprise!

do british people have a fourth of july? Yes we do just not a holiday

how many animals did Noah put on the ark? 2 of every creature and 8 Humans

joes mom had 7 kids, saturday, sunday,monday,tuesday,wendsday, thursday and what other? Bob

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/knivesdamaster/tags/sith_omguserbar_member.jpg

your joking right? they might let you bring your pets, and if you took apart your computer you could probably stick everything besides monitor and case in a back pack. but its friggin CRAZY! they probably had the means to get out and just thought they could weather the storm and go unharmed. when the govermnment, your CAREtakers dsay leave you better leave with your pets and pried possessions in your ford 350 pickup truck. and those who couldnt leave probably didnt have any 3000 fdollars plokoon

On CNN they said that the mayor left the people suffer and that they were on their own. Well the people left and most stayed. To make things worse they're back with diseases and crap floating around. Theres dogs that dont want to leave and that are captured and given shots to make them healthy. Nobody wants to leave and then they're complaining that they're sick. I dont understand them. Just leave and go to a better place.

Though a lot of the help did come at too little too late (compare Katrina to, say, the Florida hurricanes; the latter got about $40 billion in instant aid the next day, the former - which is officially the worst hurricane in US history - got $10 billion, and the first marginal help in the form of helicopters, buses, and National Guardsmen only arrived 4 days later), thankfully though, a lot of the many people who were in New Orleans have been taken out, and a lot of kindhearted people are treating them well. A lot of people are still choosing to stay though, and despite the idiots and looters, I actually think a lot of other people have a very understandable reason: finding family members. It may not be logical or safe, but I know for a fact if I had 3 kids still in New Orleans that got seperated from me in the flood, the flooding and the disease wouldn't deter me - I'd want to find my goddamn kids. There's hardly anything logical or safe that comes into your mind when your kid's in trouble, anway.

I don't think most people understand why those people in New Orleans didn't "just get out" before the hurricane hit, in the first place. I mean, it doesn't just strike you as coincidental that everyone who stayed in New Orleans until help arrived were black and poor, and that everyone who left before trouble started were rich/middle class whites? The fact of the matter is, people with credit cards can move out before the disaster. People with cars can move out before the disaster. People with insurance can move out before the disaster. Poor people tend to not have any of these things, and it just goes to show you how something like a natural disaster can truly shine light on how class really matters.

since naja paved the way, if you had the means you got out, if not you were stuck. answer the question ghostly? what i also find strange is that the mayor wants to stop looters before everyone got out of thier homes. again, its really sad and tragic people are that way, but they are.

The head of FEMA is just a joke, too. A whole bunch of people on Capitol Hill - Republican and Democrat - want his head; and more importantly, his resignation. I mean, this is a guy who knows nothing about emergencies. His previous employment before being appointed (by a family member)? Breeding Arabian horses, even then, which he got fired from.

Fosh thats just harsh for this topic lol. I understand they're poor since they're black and that they might of had loved ones but its better to be safe then sorry but they ended up getting the sorry part of it. They're neighbor coulda helped them leave. Even poor people have cars :?

Ya know, a major reason why there's so much catastrophe in New Orleans is because the National guard troops, National Guard helecopters, and the funding that would have otherwise increased levy and water pump security went to - you guessed it! - Iraqi 'Freedom'. :?

Alright you have invoked my Conservative anger. Yes the levees should have been strengthened but shut the hell up! 2 reasons, 1st it is in the past, coulda would shoulda, cant change it now. 2nd i dont want to here any Anti-american comments as far as our soldiers go. Say whatever you want about the countrybut nothing against our troops out there fighting to make the world a better place. Thats the kind of thing that just pisses me off if you cant tell. Even if you think the war is pointless and whatever dont diss the troops or the effort. Diss the president or whatever, although how is a natural disaster somehow his fault? Everythuing seems to be bushes fault nowadays and thats another thing im sick of.

On topic: Yes the people should have evacuated when they were told. Yes it wasnt the greatest place for a city but it does have Many valid reasons for being there. And thank you canada for sending aid! Along with a ton of other countries that are helping out we all thank you and hope to overcome this disaster.

Hurricane Katrina, like normal woman

when she comes she's warm wild and wet

When she leaves she takes the f****** house and everything in it!!!

Thats right!