Hiroshima, 60 years later...

Vader89

Was it the right thing to do?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Was it the right thing to do?

• Yes
    • No

1) Neither Kerrie Or Bush is a good vote but you had to vote for someone.

2) UN is weak because of currupted leaders and politics. It had more use in the past and still does but now its just us arguing about pointless things.

3) Well sorry to say but Canada, Russia, France, British could have delt with the Nazis. Before you sterotype French surrendered because they didn't want to be slaughtered by the strongest force in that time. Well Europe would have been owned mostly by Canadians and Russian's nowadays or maybe Canada would have pulled out and we would be possibly fighting Russia now. :roll: America might just be researching like mad if they haven't joined. Well the Japs might of invaded with their modern Samurai and they surely owned Russia but with more of Canada an Russia's help could have won either way. Canada had the third largest navy in the world. First was American, Second was British.

2. the UN has never been strong really, its just a place where leaders can talk and be informed of global activities, it has never had any force unless you call the "peacekeepers" but they couldnt fight any war by themselves. it is a place of talk, and little action :(

3.hmm where to begin...lets start with russia! it could have had some power but not that much in ww2, they were only saved by the weather, if they lived some ways south hjitler could have taken them easily. with french, well they were just overpowered, im not sure if they surrender or not, but its not the point, they got overrun and totally assimilated. as for the British, they too were saved by the fact that hitler couldnt blitzkreig into england, he could only do that to the mainlnd couuntries, and the other fact that they had a good navy and airforce. and i wonder when canada would jumpp in fully,they were involved in the war but they werent major players. without the american giant to help fuel the war effort europe would not have lasted much longer against hitler.

I've have you now - Lord Vader

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This next topic is purely Canadian.

Well Canada was the first to head over to Europe and help out. It also shows this in Silent Hunter 3. All the Canadian cities are marked red instead of green or I think black or blue. Well in the past when WW1 began we just went there and helped get rid of the Nazi forces with the British and the French and whoever else was the allie (I know Russia chickened out, Lenin chickened out or so I was told). Well Canada was stronger back then since

1) it was still under British control

2) Since it was under British control we had more soilders and better economy.

3) Since we were the a part of British we automatically had to help out our parent country.

Once the Stock market crashed everybody was depressed and poor so Canada tried to figure out a way to get it back up and running. Hitler (not Germany) wanted to take over Germany then Europe and then the world with the help of Japan. So WW2 began and French fought then surrendered noticing how strong Nazi's are yet again. Stuka's where running out of fuel and British needed help so Canada was called.

So Canada started buidling weapons and slowly rasing up the price of the weapons and then the stock market and the economy went up thanks to Germany and Canada and I believe America also. Well Canada sent in all that they could even their ace pilots. They destroyed tons of V1 and V2 rocket and factories. Took over a beach and came across the most Germans and killed them the fastest. Russia came and took over Germany and the Americans covered and took everything German.

This next topic is purely Canadian.

Well Canada was the first to head over to Europe and help out. It also shows this in Silent Hunter 3. All the Canadian cities are marked red instead of green or I think black or blue. Well in the past when WW1 began we just went there and helped get rid of the Nazi forces with the British and the French and whoever else was the allie (I know Russia chickened out, Lenin chickened out or so I was told). Well Canada was stronger back then since

1) it was still under British control

2) Since it was under British control we had more soilders and better economy.

3) Since we were the a part of British we automatically had to help out our parent country.

Once the Stock market crashed everybody was depressed and poor so Canada tried to figure out a way to get it back up and running. Hitler (not Germany) wanted to take over Germany then Europe and then the world with the help of Japan. So WW2 began and French fought then surrendered noticing how strong Nazi's are yet again. Stuka's where running out of fuel and British needed help so Canada was called.

So Canada started buidling weapons and slowly rasing up the price of the weapons and then the stock market and the economy went up thanks to Germany and Canada and I believe America also. Well Canada sent in all that they could even their ace pilots. They destroyed tons of V1 and V2 rocket and factories. Took over a beach and came across the most Germans and killed them the fastest. Russia came and took over Germany and the Americans covered and took everything German.

good, dont even start me on the v2 rocket topic....hitler was an idiot. i have and always will stand by that, although he came up with a few good manuevers, the v2 was originally suppossed to be smaller, and able to lock on to airplanes and blow em out of the sky! and since england minus its airforce is well...a sitting duck and would fall soon. but hitler had other plans, he ignored his scientists warnings and wanted the small missles to become larger for bombings, a horrible plan! so instead of making thousands of little missles each month to wipe out englands planes,he could only bild dozens, mebbe a few hundred each month. he also discounted reasearching nuclear physics because they were to him "jewish nionsense" man, am i glad he didnt or we would all be hitlerland,with no star wars or EAW!!!!

Well in the past when WW1 began we just went there and helped get rid of the Nazi forces with the British and the French and whoever else was the ally

1. It wasn't the Nazi's in the Great War it was the Second Reich Germans

2.The initial Ally was Belgium then the US came into the war late on

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/knivesdamaster/tags/sith_omguserbar_member.jpg

Ok I skipped WW1 leasons by mistake at my school during grade 9 or 10 so i'm confuzzled. WW2 I know more since theres games to back it up also.

I know two peoples famous deaths caused it along with German's jealousy toward British's navy. British built tons of dreadnaughts and Germany wanted to have a bigger navy and over time Germany began using U-Boats and the British got scared. Germany Sunk any ship and WARNED other countrys not to enter it unless you really need to. America sadly said "If you shoot one passenger liner we'll get you for that". So Lusitania(Sp) got sunk by a German U-Boat when a British passenger liner was arrogant at realising that German's would sink anything in the Germany British Swedish water area. This is not where America joins but after. British used Lusitania as a symbol for revenge and strength to make Germany pay.

Now if I used any none WW1 words sorry but I forgot how WW1 was really started and i'm just pulling out what I do know from a book during grade 9 and from tv on history channel..

Wow where do i begin? Well Kerry was a real great choice wasnt he then? THe man serves in Vietnam and comes back and testafies against his fellow soldiers to save his own skin. He had a picture taken of him holding the shotgun he was trying to outlaw just to attempt to get the Sportsmens vote. He was a wuss who would cower in fear to anyhting that would drop his support.

Kerry was a hack of a politcian, but at least he was a bone fide war hero. I don't know how you can call a man who willingly goes to fight in the most dangerous part of a war (the Swiftboats), when he had the choice not to, a coward. I especially don't know how you think a brittle weakling like Bush Jr. is some courageous champion, or whatnot - I mean hell, it's even debated if he even served in the the Texas National Guard! That man, along with Dick "I had other priorities" Cheney, and practically every other one of those warmongering idiots has never seen live combat once. A schoolyard bully puffs up and tries to look big and bad, but does that make him a hero? And for your information, Kerry testified against the corrupt Nixon administration - not American troops.

Bush has kept on and persisted he will finish what he started.

Bush and his elite friends are staying the course, all right...and our exponentially increasing debt, our dwindling international reputation, and the rising amount of guerilla attacks in Iraq are nothing short of signs of our absolute victory! Be real.

The UN like i have said before is a JOKE! The US does too much we shouldnt do anything anymore! All get are complaints, complaints, complaints. Next time a madman commits mass genocide we'll just say "Ok then, slaughter them, who cares?" What would have happened in WWII if the US didnt get involved? What about if we hadent interfered with Hussein, you know him testing chemical weapons on his own people? Next time we'll just stay out of it and let people die, why not?

But we didn't interfere when he was commiting genocide against the Kurds. We were lavishing him with money and weapons when he was gassing his people.

This whole "Iraqi Freedom" bullshit is just a convenient stand on that issue so that our elites can convince us that the war is a just cause, and again - to get our minds off of the facts that the original rationales for going to war, mainly that he was a threat to us and supported bin Laden - were unsound lies.

If genocide is truly what we are against, then why the hell aren't we in Sudan?

And i was not implying that just the UN was weak i was implying that much of the world is weak. There are only 2 superpwers left in the world: The US and Russia. Whens the last time you saw Russia helping out anybody? The point is that the world and its problems should not have to fall on our shoulders.

US and Russia? The Cold War ended almost 2 decades ago. And I don't think you understand the significance of international support. Afghanistan, though we chose to go at it alone, would have had the support of practically every one of our allies. You can't look at how we have brushed off, scared away, or even outright insulted our allies and then bitch and moan about how all the world's problems are suddenly ours. Multilateralist wars, be it the intervention in Kosovo, the first Gulf War, are the name of the game - and look at that! No single country, even America, has to shoulder the entire burden in those instances!

Wow where do i begin? Well Kerry was a real great choice wasnt he then? THe man serves in Vietnam and comes back and testafies against his fellow soldiers to save his own skin. He had a picture taken of him holding the shotgun he was trying to outlaw just to attempt to get the Sportsmens vote. He was a wuss who would cower in fear to anyhting that would drop his support.

Kerry was a hack of a politcian, but at least he was a bone fide war hero. I don't know how you can call a man who willingly goes to fight in the most dangerous part of a war (the Swiftboats), when he had the choice not to, a coward. I especially don't know how you think a brittle weakling like Bush Jr. is some courageous champion, or whatnot - I mean hell, it's even debated if he even served in the the Texas National Guard! That man, along with Dick "I had other priorities" Cheney, and practically every other one of those warmongering idiots has never seen live combat once. A schoolyard bully puffs up and tries to look big and bad, but does that make him a hero? And for your information, Kerry testified against the corrupt Nixon administration - not American troops.

Im sorry, War Hero? Is a hero someone who testafies against his fellow soldiers (and it was the soldiers), gets their name disgraced all just to save his own skin? Hero please! And as far as fighting goes Bush is no hero either at least hes not a Turncoat though! So we'll do what you say and not get involved in anything anymore, just let the world go down the crapper. And Russia and the US are still the only superpowers left in the world irregardless of the cold war. What countries have Nukes? US, Russia, and North Korea (well they are trying) We have enough nukes on one of our submarines to take out every major city in the northern hemisphere. And in total Russia probably has a Ton more nukes than us and most of them are hidden. But back to my original question, when's the last time "Mother Russia" Helped out anyone but herself?

Anyway its pointless to argue this cause, hey, bush won, kerry lost. :wink:

I always froget to login when im in the Bar, how about a beer bartender. 8)

a hero someone who testafies against his fellow soldiers (and it was the soldiers), gets their name disgraced all just to save his own skin?

If you're refering to that Swiftboat Veterans for Truth crap, that was revealed to be a shabby GOP dummy group. The fact of the matter is that despite what he had to say about the war, the man chose to put his life in danger to serve his country when he didn't have to. Cowardice and bravery have nothing to do with whether or not you believe in the war you're fighting: it all has to do with your actions. I accept that Bush won. And you're right, it's dumb to perpetuate the whole Kerry/Bush thing. But call it a pet peeve of mine. :roll:

So we'll do what you say and not get involved in anything anymore, just let the world go down the crapper

I don't know how exactly you get that from me. I'm criticizing most of our foriegn policy, but nowhere have I advocated isolationism. What I'm for is responsible usage of our global power, and respect for international law.

Russia and the US are still the only superpowers left in the world irregardless of the cold war

Forget China? Anyway, with a combination of their horrid, horrid economy (before and after the USSR's collapse in '91), their disastrous failure in Afghanistan in the '70s, the Balkanization (ceceding) of all their former republics (Kazakhstan, the Ukraine, Azerbaijan, Belo Russia, to name a few), Russia may be large, but it is far from influential anymore. Russians want food and jobs more than they want global hegemony, these days.

What countries have Nukes? US, Russia, and North Korea (well they are trying)

US, Russia, China, France, England, India, Pakistan, North Korea, Israel, Iran, Ukraine...

As far as anyone knows, America is - and will be, until China gets itself going (scary thought, honestly) - the only Super Power in the world. My point, simply enough, is that with power comes responsibility. It is the duty of the most powerful to be mindful of their actions, and respectful for international law and their friends abroad.

Ok I skipped WW1 leasons by mistake at my school during grade 9 or 10 so i'm confuzzled. WW2 I know more since theres games to back it up also.

I know two peoples famous deaths caused it along with German's jealousy toward British's navy. British built tons of dreadnaughts and Germany wanted to have a bigger navy and over time Germany began using U-Boats and the British got scared. Germany Sunk any ship and WARNED other countrys not to enter it unless you really need to. America sadly said "If you shoot one passenger liner we'll get you for that". So Lusitania(Sp) got sunk by a German U-Boat when a British passenger liner was arrogant at realising that German's would sink anything in the Germany British Swedish water area. This is not where America joins but after. British used Lusitania as a symbol for revenge and strength to make Germany pay.

Now if I used any none WW1 words sorry but I forgot how WW1 was really started and i'm just pulling out what I do know from a book during grade 9 and from tv on history channel..

assassination of austrian chancellor/ambassador/heir of austria a Franz Ferdinand. Indeed take me out...and then they thought it was by a rebel group, then they started fighting and all of austrias allies (germany,etc) versus britain,france,italy,japan, and america and thier allies.darn alliances..

I believe the begnniing of WW1 is best summed up by these words from Blackadder. For those not familiar with the series, this was from the 4th series of the comedy set in the British trenches. Enjoy:

Baldrick: No, the thing is: The way I see it, these days there's a war on, right? and, ages ago, there wasn't a war on, right? So, there must have been a moment when there not being a war on went away, right? and there being a war on came along. So, what I want to know is: How did we get from the one case of affairs to the other case of affairs?

Edmund: Do you mean "How did the war start?"

Baldrick: Yeah.

George: The war started because of the vile Hun and his villainous empire-building.

Edmund: George, the British Empire at present covers a quarter of the globe, while the German Empire consists of a small sausage factory in Tanganyika. I hardly think that we can be entirely absolved of blame on the imperialistic front.

George: Oh, no, sir, absolutely not. (aside, to Baldrick) Mad as a bicycle!

Baldrick: I heard that it started when a bloke called Archie Duke shot an ostrich 'cause he was hungry.

Edmund: I think you mean it started when the Archduke of Austro-Hungary got shot.

Baldrick: Nah, there was definitely an ostrich involved, sir.

Edmund: Well, possibly. But the real reason for the whole thing was that it was too much effort *not* to have a war.

George: By gum this is interesting; I always loved history - The Battle of Hastings, Henry VIII and his six knives, all that.

Edmund: You see, Baldrick, in order to prevent war in Europe, two superblocs developed: us, the French and the Russians on one side, and the Germans and Austro-Hungary on the other. The idea was to have two vast opposing armies, each acting as the other's deterrent. That way there could never be a war.

Baldrick: But this is a sort of a war, isn't it, sir?

Edmund: Yes, that's right. You see, there was a tiny flaw in the plan.

George: What was that, sir?

Edmund: It was bollocks.

"And the moral of the story is: Appreciate what you've got, because basically; I'm fantastic." ~ Holly, Red Dwarf

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y143/Lord_Darkmark/Forcedbanner01.jpg

http://www.starwarsforced.co.uk

Blackadder's great. I love the first Series in which they try to kill the King and then at the end Blackadder drinks the poison after he become's king.

Also he kills Richard the 3rd by accident.

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/knivesdamaster/tags/sith_omguserbar_member.jpg