8 members have voted

1. 1. Was it the right thing to do?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It could have all been provented if Americans didn't ignore Japanese peace talks but Pearl Harbor got bombed successfully then Japan got to cocky then Americans came in and bombed everything and the only reason Americans won was because Japanese made mistakes. If Japan didn't make mistakes Japan would have surely won. Just wanted to point that out. Also Japan could have had Midway.

It was Japanese diplomats who reported that talks had failed and to carry on with contingency plans while US diplomats wished to continue further with talking. What it came down to it was, the US wasnt willing to supply the Japanese war effort in China, and the Japanese werent going to take a no for an answer. There was no negotation. Especially when negotiation worked wonders in Europe just a handful of years before Pearl Harbor over in Europe.

yeah i did didnt it it lead 2 Hitler and the Nazi plus let me think it lead to the Second World War yeah it work dummass.

(soz if u were being sarcastic)

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n292/Admiral_Antilles/Thrawncopy.jpg

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/3269/pffuserbar2globalmodnx9.jpg

I Support the Resistance!

Thats right the Japanese developed and produced a suicde jet known as the Ohka which they planned on using against troop landingships and aircraft carriers. Dont believe they had a suicide jet?

http://www.philsaeronauticalstuff.com/ohka/images/ohka-1.jpg

Well does that surprise you? They thought that if they sacrificed themselves they would be something of a hero. If a ship was out of ammo even sometimes they would just crash into a major military target instead of going back to base to reload. Thats where we get the word "Kamikaze" if i spelled that right. Dumass japs, but now we love them, and they love us and they pour out technology like mad.

On the "History Channel" the American prisoners were happy being Japanese prisoners and so its the drug you said.

If you dont see your target and return home so you can die another day.

Always hit the middle of the ship :roll:

edit: typoed

ghostly you in your own SW world? or just sleep deprived? so you can die another die? do you mean day? (sorry its the little things that stick out) and i hope you get some sleep,posting to much you have of recently
I've have you now - Lord Vader

I'm fine I cant resist that these posts are getting interesting :lol: I'm in the world of the living like you and the others and I said i'll cut down and I did and you dont see 5 straight posts now do you ?

did you know that the japanese and american forces took meth to keep morale high? and no wonder the kamikazes had a grin on there face!

Methamphetamine? I doubt it, meth wasnt discovered until the 70's-80's i have heard that the japanese took drugs for some reason or another, if it was in japan it was probably some sort of opiate. I have an extensive knowledge of drugs, we have discussed drugs and nothing but drugs in health class in school for the past 3 years. I feel like a walking encyclopedia for drugs. I have never and will never do them though, my dad would literally kill me, he said he would kill me and quite frankly he would, i would die if he found out i was doing drugs, i mean DIE literally, my dad can be a scary guy.

The Japs took a poison before they did Kamikaze missions to ensure that they knew they could either die in their fighter smashing into an objective or just as soon as they landed.
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/knivesdamaster/tags/sith_omguserbar_member.jpg

i hate to say it but i feel they got what was coming to them.

my grandfather was shot in the neck. he survived but the doctors couldent take it out because it was near several nerves.

yes the japanese have don some very good things in reasent

years after the war. but i can never forgive them for what they

did to my grandfather.

if there wasgoing to be and invasion over the bombs

the causitilties would have been in the millions of people,

and some of the greates things in history may not have come

to pass.

i hate to say it but i feel they got what was coming to them.

my grandfather was shot in the neck.

So you would order a bombing of millions of people because of one personal experience's effect on you? Sorry, just had to point out how that sounded.

Mehh, I'm split on it. It was a very utilitarian decision, the bombings, and from what I heard, the Japs were willing both times to surrender, but somehow the message were either misinterpreted or not recieved.

I think that I'm leaning a bit towards yes, because while it -was- a horrible human tragedy (in response to someone's comment about the bombings having less casualties than the Japanese invasion of Nanking somehow making it a "blip," I think that measuring suffering in terms of numbers is a very unethical sort of perspective), it gave us some insight into how horrible atomic warfare could truly be. Fucked up as it sounds, better to have bombed a country that could not bomb back, than for the U.S. and Russia to have been the first to trade nuclear blows, ending in nothing short of armageddon.

Well look at it this way, they got what they deserved and if we invaded the same amount wouldve died on their side and prolly tens of thousands more on our side, in the end it prolly saved lives.

Like President Bush?? Stop blaming the Muslims. Its the former Empire's fault!! We are the ones who split the continents into retarded country boundaries. If Bush wants to stop terrorism he should learn what they hate and try to change it.
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/knivesdamaster/tags/sith_omguserbar_member.jpg

Thank you, Fosh. It's odd that I hear someone like you, and I live in a supposedly "Blue" state. You'd be surprised how many idiots believe that these "sand niggers" hate us for our freedoms as opposed to say...our foreign policy that supports corrupt dictatorships (SAUDIS! SAUDIS!) which makes it seem to them that it is our intent to "oppress" Muslims.

im a brit so let it go on record as i think that hiroshima and nagasaki shudh have happened.

and bush shud b publicly humiliated 4 the NEw Oleans Crisis and Blair needs hanging for not being killed by a bunch of terrorists to put him out of his mysery

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n292/Admiral_Antilles/Thrawncopy.jpg

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/3269/pffuserbar2globalmodnx9.jpg

I Support the Resistance!

I believe that President Truman did the right thing by dropping the bomb both times.

Let me explain.

Truman was faced with three choices.

One. Countinue with the current stragtey of blockading the Japanese by sea and firebombing their citys.

Two. Invade Japan with 20+ divisions (10,000 men each) againast an enemy who would fight to the last man, woman, and child.

Three. Drop a nucler bomb on there country every week until they surrender.

One would not work because the Japan would just keep throwing siucide planes into the U.S. Fleet and the Japanese would not of surrendered. Also the U.S. people wanted to see a quick resoltion to the war in the pacific once Germany had surrendered. The blockaid would of dragged on for a year or more in all likelyhood.

Two would not work because an invasion would of resulted in 100,000+ U.S. deaths and Millions Japanese deaths. (Military and Civilian) Also the U.S. invasion plans made no menition of the Divisions that would of made up the spearhead of the invasion past the fifth day of the invasion if it had gone to plan. ( This means that the U.S. planners expected the divisions that made up the spearhead to be wiped out by the fifth day of fighting.)

So by dropping the Atomic Bomb, even twice, the bomb saved more lives then they took. The bombs only killed about 120,000. One firebombing raid on Toyko killed over 100,000 Japanese, nearly as much as both Nucler Bombs killed to gether.

And by the way, even after both Bombs were dropped the some in the Japanese military were still against surrender and the day before Japan said it would surrender, some Japanese officers tried a military coup against the emperor that would of stopped Japan from surrendering. ( It was only stopped because a U.S. air raid caused a blackout that pevented the military from reaching the emperor. See the History Channel's "The Last Mission".)

-Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.

J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord Of the Rings

-Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.

General George Patton Jr

-Cool game being made a high school student, I recommend checking it out. 

http://www.spacedoutgame.com/

Matt Castle

MCAS1937@yahoo.com

http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Matt%20Castle

what i think pushed truman even more to end the war was between the 1st and second bomb, hwere was a people who would not bend EVEN after that calamity! that must of scared the holy toledos out of him,and did what any one would do, end the war as quickly as possible with least amount of loss of life. and he probably made one of the difficult desicions any president has made, besides abraham lincoln and george washington
I've have you now - Lord Vader

I hate all the liberals out there, i for one support bush. Date: Sept. 11th everyone wants to invade Afghanistan, BUsh goes ahead and does it, what happens??? Instead of supporting the trooopwho are trying to make abetter world for everyone everyone says no its bad blah blah blah. I agree with you on one point though, the US shoudlnt be the world police. But we have to however, why? Cause all your weak ass countries couldnt even hack it! THere should be a world army, consisting of people from, umm let's see, All over the world! THat way when a situation arises the world army goes in and because it is consisted of people from every country things are settled without bias. The UN is supposed to work like this but we all know the UN is a joke. Just my opinion, love me for it, hate me for it. Thats just how i feel.

I tried to avoid this topic but just cant.

1) A week after the towers went down Bush instantly pointed the finger at IRAQ. Need proof before you invade a country. Ya so what you had delivery truck explode under the tower it means nothing. Its like saying Indum (Iraq) hit you with a stick then Gen.Vader (a unidentified pilot) hit you with a brick and you point the finger at Indum. As soon as you point the finger you throw a punch and do massive damage. What some people saw on tv was HUGE oil containers so then they point fingers at Bush for being so stupid then Bush hypes everybody up about the so called terrorist and WMD (No word on WMD yet).

2) United Nations (Was known as "United League" or something like that when it was formed after WW1 when the fighting countries decided to join up and solve things diplomaticly. WW2 came around and then ended and the "UN" decided to lower the troop limit on Germany then Japan so they wouldn't start another war. WW2 was over then I think it was Egypt or some other African country that stirred up trouble and middle east country wanted to help stop it so Middle East country (Iran) created a buffer zone and a Canadian gave out an idea instead of missles and nukes that the UN would have a "Emergency Army" incase something bad happens. That was granted and so we have UN Today and now we have all these currupted leaders everything is getting screwed up. We dont need a Police Nation and we should invade UN (Yes I know they're embassies like things around the world) and set things straight. :roll:

Sorry for a second rant I made tonight but just felt like spitting that out.