So will you keep on supporting Petro after EaW?

TSKNF

We all know what really drew us to this game was that it was star wars-come on, George lucas can do as bad a job he can ( :roll: ) we still love SW. So when EaW comes out and is the great game we all expect it to be, will you support petroglyph with their next game? and their next? It would be shallow to support them for a single licensed game. Hopefully EaW will give Petroglyph a big community of fans, which I forsee, since EaW is a game that is being made with such a good relationship between Developers and fans (mainly thanks to these forums, and of course Cain and Ismael :wink: )

"My doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and am therefore excused from saving universes"-Ford Prefect

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/9513/bam7hn.gif

In one of the interviews, a developer mentioned that they have there own little game idea already planned and in the works. I wonder what it will be? I'd certainly be interested to see what they're workin on next :)

-You seem to have an over developed sence of vengeance. It's going to get you into trouble some day.

SWEAW Petroglyph Fan Forums

Click for EaW Countdown Timer!

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b191/Foshjedi2004/Empire.jpg

Sure I'd still support them. I would probably end up supporting them as I do Blizzard, so even if I wasn't necessarily active on the forums, I would definately show my support by keeping track of their games and purchasing them if I like the look of them.

I also wonder what they could have in store for us. Something completely original probably...

"And the moral of the story is: Appreciate what you've got, because basically; I'm fantastic." ~ Holly, Red Dwarf

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y143/Lord_Darkmark/Forcedbanner01.jpg

http://www.starwarsforced.co.uk

As there are so many Westwood Studios members in Petroglyph, WILL we see a continuance of some of Westwoods much loved games in extended series'?
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/knivesdamaster/tags/sith_omguserbar_member.jpg

Why can't petro Buy the rights to the game??

Better yet let them do a ST BOTF remake based upon EAW. Also let them loose onto Indiana Jones.

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/knivesdamaster/tags/sith_omguserbar_member.jpg

If EaW is as good as i think its gonna be of course i will continue my support to them. If they can turn out a game like EaW who knows what else they can produce? I swear my allegiance to petroglyph! (But I also like Blizzard and wouldnt mind seeing a new SC game)

So will you keep on supporting Petro after EaW?

:arrow: A trick question :)

:arrow: Yes of course - its simple - they care about us and we care about them :wink:

- The Trivium Organization - Community Manager -

- Petroglyph Fan Forums - CoAdmin & Human Resources Manager -

That's an unusual question to say the least. For my part, it all depends on the result. If they make a great game, I'll keep track on the other games they make. If it's a big let down, I'll move on.

Remember Quicksilver? Of course not, they're the one who destroyed the MoO franchise. We will never see another MoO game after the disastrous result MoO3 was. That name is burned forever.

My 2 cents

Things are not as they seem,

nor are they otherwise

welll

westwood ppl, check

SW,check

petroglyph which is not a big heartless conglomerate of evil buissness man whoo only care about $$$$,check

well ill support them with the games i like from em, i dont think ill run out and buy a barbie game just out of my loyalty.

I've have you now - Lord Vader

petroglyph which is not a big heartless conglomerate of evil buissness man whoo only care about $$$$

???

Sorry to pull you back on earth in the real world and tell you this, but all game company are in this business for one thing: money. Sure, they might be fans and gamers too, but money is still the number one priority.

And there's nothing wrong with that. The reason the gaming industry has exploded in the last 10 years is because everybody seemed to realize there was money to be made. Never before has there been so many games developped on so many different platforms. You can thank money for that.

And us gamers, benefit tremendously from this. There's a lot of quality games available in so many different genre (RTS,FPS,Sim,MMORPG,Sports,wargame,etc...). I can't even try all of them due to the sheer number available.

Things are not as they seem,

nor are they otherwise

:roll: a joke?

i wasnt talkiing about the gaming industry.sorta talking about starbucks, since in seattle there is one about every 2 blocks and calling them a "heartless" people isnt true, just a joke about thier growth and cold coffee :lol: sorry for the mix up, not out to bash an industry, just goofin off

I've have you now - Lord Vader

Handfull of good games and I seem to have most of them on my desk.

Ya theres so many games that most of them are crap like that "The dope game" or weed game or whatever it was. Others are crappy clones such as "Rise of civilizations". :roll:

Ok back to topic:

Will I support them ? If they make another good RTS sure why not :) If its something i'm not interested in I might wait and see if its worth buying.

There are three games I will always buy, regardless of media feelings: Blizzard Entertainment games, Star Wars games, and Westwood Games... and since Westwood is know known as Petroglyph, the list changed to Blizzard, SW, and Petroglyph. I thoroughly enjoyed every single Command and Conquer game that EA didn't have their fingers into.

Admiral Cotla Charre

Imperial Navy

I really only play games of my interest. For me its merely hate the bad games love the good ones. But some games that get killed by bad rating I'll play it's all about the subject matter.

Alienware PC: 6000 galactic credits

DSL: 26 galatic credits

EaW: 50 galatic credits

Watching Darth Vader get eaten by Rancor because you never told him to move away and then throwing your computer out the window yelling NOOOOOOOO in your best Vader voice: Priceless

I've got such a wide ranging interest in video games..I mean heck I recently re-installed Independence War and gave her a go(never did beat it). I'm going to go out and look for Rome:Total War again because I miss it. And maybe when I get bored of that I'll install Medal of Honor Allied Assault, and Spearhead if only for the Normandy missions(the former the beach assault, while the latter is the paratrooper drop)..and then when its all done it'll be time to pop in Imperium Galactica II, but my heart rests with the Empire building or war building games..so my heart goes out to games like O.R.B and Hegemonia, Homeworld, IG II, Master of Orion I, II and III(which III isnt so bad after some of the mods)..and who can forget the entire line of C&C games..christ I cant keep up anymore with them..

If Petroglyph can produce games of the type of EaW then you can be damn sure they'll have a faithful customer in me...oh and my all time favorite game is tied...Fallout 1 and Fallout 2..sigh...

I know that Petroglyph will make new cool games so I guess all the fans will continue supporting them.

I will even if they start makeing flight simulators :)

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams"

Petroglyph FF Admin.

Well, why not a EaW serie like Total War ? :D

For me, it's quite clear, I'm first for the SW aspect. But if we aren't disapointed by the game, I'll follow next games made by them. But i have to recognize i'm very difficult with the universes. (I loved Starcraft, but hated Warcarft with blizzard , not really loved medieval TW, but loved Rome TW lol)

Optimistic to think it could be an expansion, but I wouldn't mind a completely new game from Petroglyph either.

Hard to say whether the game actually needs an expansion when it hasn't been released yet. Even harder when there is still half a year to go before release.

"And the moral of the story is: Appreciate what you've got, because basically; I'm fantastic." ~ Holly, Red Dwarf

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y143/Lord_Darkmark/Forcedbanner01.jpg

http://www.starwarsforced.co.uk

I could see an expansion pack: Episodes I-III, and maybe even with one like that you could control all of the events from episode I - VI, talk about a long campaign!