So will you keep on supporting Petro after EaW?

TSKNF

I know that Petroglyph will make new cool games so I guess all the fans will continue supporting them.

I will even if they start makeing flight simulators :)

I know I will support Petroglyph after EAW. Also aren't we overdue for a good Star Wars flight sim. The last good one was X-Wing Alliance, although this is for pc. Anyways yeah I support Petroglyph now and will do so in the future.

If petroglyph ever made a remake of ST: BOTF, with an EaW feel that we've seen, i would pounce on it! As for continued support, u betcha. They care about what they're fans think. Even though yes, they are a corperation, they take the consumer into consideration. Anyone that does that gets my backing.

-You seem to have an over developed sence of vengeance. It's going to get you into trouble some day.

SWEAW Petroglyph Fan Forums

Click for EaW Countdown Timer!

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b191/Foshjedi2004/Empire.jpg

petroglyph which is not a big heartless conglomerate of evil buissness man whoo only care about $$$$

???

Sorry to pull you back on earth in the real world and tell you this, but all game company are in this business for one thing: money. Sure, they might be fans and gamers too, but money is still the number one priority.

And there's nothing wrong with that. The reason the gaming industry has exploded in the last 10 years is because everybody seemed to realize there was money to be made. Never before has there been so many games developped on so many different platforms. You can thank money for that.

And us gamers, benefit tremendously from this. There's a lot of quality games available in so many different genre (RTS,FPS,Sim,MMORPG,Sports,wargame,etc...). I can't even try all of them due to the sheer number available.

This doesnt apply as much as you think to petroglyph. Remember they are a small company making the game. Lucasarts is concerned with the monetary aspect while petroglyph is concerned with the 'Making an awesome game" aspect. How many other software development companies take the time to read what their fans write? If these guys cared so much about money there would already be EaW sitting on the store shelves and it would be pretty crappy. But now even though petroglyphs game looks complete their working hard to make it as perfect as possible. These guys love what they do, and when you love what you do money isnt as important as doing a good job. And in the long run the better game they make the more money they make. Remember they are a small company not a massive billiondollar corporation. 29 people make up petroglyph. If the company recieves a mere 10 million from the game, which may or may not be a realistic number each member would recieve almost $345,000.00. Anyways point is, priority #1 Make the best game possible. Just my thoughts on the subject

I'll support Petroglyph in their future gaming endeavors, but the only thing that would change this is if they completely screw up EAW and all support for the game disappears as soon as the sales start to slide. However given the current responses from the Petroglyph People and the fact that they care about the fan's questions and concerns, that appears unlikely. Especially since they pushed the release date back. Hopefully they will get quite a few ubg issues worked out, and the balancing is pretty good.

Rogue Nine. The Petroglyph people are very dedicated to the Fans. Brett Tosti Aka Sluggo kept us up to date on the LEC forum and Mike has joined us to give us information on the developments. Cain and Ismael have allowed us to be THE forum for EAW. We don't have many noob questions as those questions are answered in the official forums.
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/knivesdamaster/tags/sith_omguserbar_member.jpg

Hey, as long as they're in the business of making great games up my alley...they'll more than likely keep on getting my money.

Personally, I hope that after EaW and all of its possible expansions are released, Petro will get to stretch its wings and truly get to flying with something original. Any body can make a good game off of a liscenced product (well, at least in theory), but it takes a bit more in my eyes to be able to make something brand new that can stand to capture the interests of the gamers.

So, let's hope this game & its expansions are great successes, so that Petro can get a good "war chest" that can be used to fund original projects!

Guest JediIgor
So, let's hope this game & its expansions are great successes, so that Petro can get a good "war chest" that can be used to fund original projects!

Yes, but only if they can break away from their C&C roots! :)

I think one company thatb has created 2 great stories that have kept them going is Blizzard, now you can think what you want, hate me whatever Starcraft and Warcraft are some awesome sotries and their original. Now the actual game may not be as good as others ive played but the stories are awesome. The only thing can make me think higher of blizzard is another SC game. I WANT A STARCRAFT 2!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyways my 2 cents! :)

Starcraft and warcraft are nice games especially WoW :)

I'm just wondering if I should get Starcraft Ghost or not :roll: I see maps being updated all the time or did saw since one time there was only hero map against all these minions :roll: What a blast that was. I would love to replay that map. Things like this keep the game alive :)

Damn I loved that map, hero and killing grunts and then sending them back at the enemy. Got over ran once :roll: