Command and Conquer : Generals

Gen.Vader

i just got the game today and it looks great! i liked the trailer alot and i really like how the gamee gives you abuilities after workin alot for them. i just wanted to ask, what is your opinion of the game? what is its highlights?dissapointments? think it is another ripoof or a revolutionary step in rts?
I've have you now - Lord Vader

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like it, its not to terribly different from previous C&Cs. Some things are different, like the various generals powers and research upgrades, but other than that you find about any of General's gameplay aspects in previous C&C games. Some people I talk to didn't like it, I don't remember why, something to do with balancing I think. If you're going to get it I suggest you get the Zero Hour exspansion, makes the game a bit better.

Yeah i mentioned the expansion to you Gen.vader in another thread. I think its pretty balanced except for 1 general in the Zero Hour expansion. He's my favorite. With most of the generals you gain alot but lose a little, like gain better superweapons but you are not able to gain tanks. But with the chinese nuke general you lose nothing and gain a ton! I love building like 10 Nuclear missiles, waiting for all of them to count down then firing them all off at once. I have a question to any of the people who own this game though: is it just my computer or do the timers seem to be kinda slower than they should, like instead of 1 sec. it takes about 1.5. See what i mean? I dont know if its me considering we got a top of the line HP for christmas so i dont think its the computer. Anyway good luck with the game its really cool!

ok then i'll try and get it tomorrow. Its a fun game :) Even tho its made by crappy EA games :roll:

Hey Gen.Vader up for a game tomorrow (August 1st) or busy ?

edit: Ok what the heck, I thought this was modern warefare :shock:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y292/GhostlyPolovnik/Thisisgoingoverboard.jpg

The hell :shock: At least its balanced with a 4 minute interval but you can build more, the flip. I clearly fell out of the boat.

ok then i'll try and get it tomorrow. Its a fun game :) Even tho its made by crappy EA games :roll:

Hey Gen.Vader up for a game tomorrow (August 1st) or busy ?

edit: Ok what the heck, I thought this was modern warefare :shock:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y292/GhostlyPolovnik/Thisisgoingoverboard.jpg

The hell :shock: At least its balanced with a 4 minute interval but you can build more, the flip. I clearly fell out of the boat.

Yep. The lightsaber from the sky also known as the particle uplink cannon. Well I'm hopefully getting my copy of generals back from a friend soon, so I can reinstall it (just made a new pc a month or two ago) and get the mod.

hey ghost sorry i havent been replyin, over at a friends house, not much comp time. ill be able to play online against u tommorrow, as i am still over here and they have a mac! though you will prolly beat me. give me your online name and ill add you to my buddies list k?

also 1 question, with the chinese and GLA can they have 1 trucks/workers loading up from the supply line? or is it just 1 loads at a time antd the rest wait? i know that is the case for us...a

I play as the over powered Americans with the Helicopters :roll: Stupid EA messed this up by buying Westwood :cry: Still a good game tho.

I donno never played as the chinese and stole resources from other people. Well we'll find out in a friendly game :roll:

Haven't created one but if I do it would be something like Ghostly Substance or if not then eVo_Substance. Something like that. If you want to know tomorrow then add me on MSN if oyu want.

Oil rigs :P Also in another game I got more money from special drop offs. I only build a few units like the Helicopter and I got myself an attacking force :roll: So easy to exploit.

i liked the dropoffs, a good 2000 cash every what? 2 minutes? oil rigs are nice too but the comp always get them...darn brutal comps. well every side has an expliotable source of income,chinese and thier hackkers, usa and thier dropoff, and gla and thier black markets

i think you just need to build them, they get 5 dollars each 6 seconds per person, so 2 e would give 10 every 6 sec, 600 would give 3000 each 6 sec and ya BMs are like oil rigs, although they cant be taken away so easily...

aight. I found a effective way to build

2 builders (US army)

Power source, Troop facility, resource gathering center, SAM battery.

Then you wait until you get enough resources for airbase then build a heli and your protected :roll:

i'll make an online account now.

C&C G buddie list name : GhostlySubstanc(e) It loves cutting off the "e"

Quad-cannons and Gattling tanks eat commanches alive. Humvees loaded up with missle troopers are also nasty. MiGs and Raptors also do a job on the helis also, provided they're placed on CAP (combat air patrol.) Helixes are harder to take down, but are also taken down fairly quickly by concentrated AA.

My favorite tatic with the US is to turtle up and build partical cannons, more the better. Then I supplement my partical beam with the A-10s and MOAB, then send in my aircraft to mop up whats left. I usually strike out with some humvees (3 missile troopers & 2 snipers if I have them) or raptors to choke off the oppo's supply lines and cover my "frontier" supply areas. Of course I'm also trying to build at least 10 airdrop pads. If I'm against GLA I just have some snipers camp the supply areas.

China is my rushing team, basiclly build a whole lot of something and go around killing stuff. The Tank general I go for 10-15 battlemasters 6 gattling tanks and 4 flame tanks. Later in the game I'll supplement this force with 4-8 emporer tanks. Infantry general I send wave after wave of gattling troops, mixed with rocket troops, to distract the base defenses while my artillery goes to town. The artillery has gattling tanks and troops around them to ward off airstrikes. Later I will build some helixes and load those up for airsupport. Nuke general I play a lot like the tank general, but I sometimes I build up nuke MiGs to bust up defenses and supply lines. Also I use the nuke cannon to close off choke points. With all generals I tend ot build at least 3 nukes

GLA is a lot of sneaky-sneaky stuff and I can't really win on small maps with them. Larger maps I just build lots of small bases connected by the tunnel network. I love the dirtbikes for hit and run raids on supply lines, those guys can go over mountains to avoid defenses, then swing around to tear inot the soft insides. I prefer the standard GLA team or the stealth general. The stealth general is extremely hard to root out on large maps with 2 or 3 players, he can basiclly can nickel and dime you to death. The fact that the worker units can cloak when the supply center is cloaked makes digging out his resource source operations a pain. He can also cloak he scud storms and its always a nasty trick to use the GPS scrambler to cloak your mobile scud luanchers just short of their base and let fly. Standard GLA team can't cloak as much, but gets tanks. The other two generals can't really cloak anything and I really don't like using them against human opponents.