Command and Conquer : Generals

Gen.Vader

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well thats where they are heading at the moment. I think that they are heading to become the greatest Economic and Militaristic Super Power in the world.
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/knivesdamaster/tags/sith_omguserbar_member.jpg

Doubtful. Anything internal will have to be a military coupe to be succesful, and that doesn't look likely. Another Tiananmen Square may happen, but the govt. will move in and crush it, the world will protest and proceed to forget about it in a few years lifting any sanactions imposed on China. Only real military stand-off I could see happening is with the USA if China gets impatient with Tiawan and decides to take it back forcefully. Economiclly, China's introduction of major elements of a free market system have really helped get it to where it is today. Some say China's under-valued currency will crash china's market, but I can't see an large crash happening. Unless the US economy totally tanks and we revert an economy reminscent of the 1930's, China's exports will basiclly keep it from going to broke. The only land grab I could foresee China trying is for Tiawan because of the historical claims China has on it. Anything else would look imperialist and have most of the world against them. Nothing like a war, more like embargos and sanctions, but even then those would be lifted after a few years because of China's trade value. Also China probably won't surpass the USA as a world power for a few more decades, barring any major upheaval socially, militarly, or naturally in either camp.

Not with Russian oil claims there.

Generals 2... Hmmmm... If EA can create a Battle for Middle Earth II, I've no doubt they can make a Generals 2. Whether EA will or not is kinda hard to tell. Generals did fairly well but the RTS genre isn't a big money maker without some big name tie in (like Tolkiens middle earth.) C&C is a big name but many of the long time fans really didn't see it as a part of the C&C series so they might not go for a second one. I've got a feeling the C&C sereis is now like Starcraft, there is a demand for another one but it will be a long, long, long while before we get it, if ever.

• 1 month later...
Gen.Vader got me hooked on C&C Generals again so i've been playing as the GLA and China and damn I love it. Btw if anybody has the Expansion pack how the hell do I get the hovercrafts and BOATS. Thats the second reason why I bought the expansion and damn ownage vehicles and such :P I found out about hackers and lol me and Gen are competing to get the most hackers.

Meh, I want my Tibirium Twilight... There is always talk of a Red Alert 3 in development, but I can't see where they can take that series. If you believe the chronology, the first C&C (Tibirium Dawn) happened about 3 or 4 years after the events of Yuri's Revenge.

Gen.Vader got me hooked on C&C Generals again so i've been playing as the GLA and China and damn I love it. Btw if anybody has the Expansion pack how the hell do I get the hovercrafts and BOATS. Thats the second reason why I bought the expansion and damn ownage vehicles and such :P I found out about hackers and lol me and Gen are competing to get the most hackers.

I have it and I may play with you guys some time (when time permits), but the hovercrafts and ships can't be gotten in skirmishes. :(

Well I found out that you can have custom maps with ships on them but the ships are like heroes and when they're gone they're gone. Try googling "C&C zero hour boat maps" or something different in the last 2 words.