What does SOCL mean?

SOCL

This sounds like a conceited idea/thread, doesn't it? Well, it was something suggested to me, so here it is. I wasn't quite sure whether to put it here in General Discussion (since it does says that if it doesn't fit elsewhere, but it here) or Outside Interests. So any how, to appease my friend (the one who suggested this): try to guess what SOCL means.

And, no, it does not mean Sex Over Crunchy Lamb-chops (so don't guess it, Jahled). :wink:

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This sounds like a conceited idea/thread, doesn't it? Well, it was something suggested to me, so here it is. I wasn't quite sure whether to put it here in General Discussion (since it does says that if it doesn't fit elsewhere, but it here) or Outside Interests. So any how, to appease my friend (the one who suggested this): try to guess what SOCL means.

And, no, it does not mean Sex Over Crunchy Lamb-chops (so don't guess it, Jahled). :wink:

Darn! Jahled was just about to give you youngens' a tip or to:

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0QQCvBJITYIdPVCzPZhYee2kZSw*ze!c4E4tG!r71AjBIPJGe0yp8fi8w18lmcJ29!T1wGs9UyF1Yod5sahwhUMkDM9z3W4112xDrw0CibHY/swoon.gif?dc=4675418319877497567

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

Sneaking Over Corrupted Life
Nope, sorry, try again!

SOCL you mean nothing to us :twisted:
:cry::cry::cry:

Boys...just let those eyebrows fly....
Speaking of eyebrows, I went into the backyard to turn on the grill and flipped on the gas (like I usually do). I hit the ignition button, but no spark and, thus, no fire. So I followed the instructions and flipped off one of the gas valves . . . little did I know I had accidentally left the second valve running. . . . So any how, I waited a few minutes, then turned the valve back on (still not noticing the second one) and pushed the ignition . . . spark and BOOM! The damned thing exploded in my face (no joke!)! Luckily I pulled away, closed my eyes, and covered my face (in that order) in time to stop any serious damage (the back of my hands and arms are pretty red, though). I now have almost no eyebrows, missing about two inches of my once-long bangs, missing almost an inch of my once-long goatee, all the hiars inside my nose (because I breathed through my nose in at the same time as the explosion . . . sounds disgusting, but it hurt like hell!) and my face is REALLY red. The whole thing scared the living daylights out of me! Had to go to the ER.

Guest Scathane

Close call, SOCL... Good that nothing really serious happened: we wouldn't want to lose a dedicated forum member!!!

Taking a shot at the Deeper Meaning of SOCL:

Shot Or Closely Lasered
    Soul Of Canon Law
    Singed On Callused Lids
    Sweet On Clover and Lavender
    Singing Orders Causes Lawsuits
    Sitting On Cause of Laxatives
    Sallow Of Continuous Leaking

Well?

Close call, SOCL... Good that nothing really serious happened: we wouldn't want to lose a dedicated forum member!!!

Shot Or Closely Lasered
    Soul Of Canon Law
    Singed On Callused Lids

Well?

From a leaf shrouded branch, a sudden wriggling grub flies towards Scathane....it lands abruptly on his head... obscured by leaves... an incomprehensible flurry of grunts, cackles, and gibbers echos through the forest wilderness... BUT IT'S OK! YES! Scathane can understand the gibberish perfectly! Indeed, Scathane has become one with Jahled's gibberish....

...Far below...Scathane picks the wriggling grub from his head and begines grunting as he looks at the grub before putting it in his mouth.

He mutters something, farts, and starts grooming himself for tasty lice, hooting and barking thanks to the unseen Jahled in the tree canopy... who in turn howls and gibbers a new fellow gibberling....

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

Thank you, Scath. :)

Shot Or Closely Lasered
    Soul Of Canon Law
    Singed On Callused Lids

Well?

Sorry, none of them are correct though Soul Of Canon Law should be and if it wasn't because SOCL already does mean something, that would be what it means. But it's not, sorry. Keep trying though! :)

Guest Scathane
No 8) just say it
Come now, you're not simply going to give up like that, are you?
Definitely not...

SOCL is the abbreviation used for sociology courses in the USA, however, Essex University Britain uses it as an abbreviation for their Graduate Programme in Sociolinguistics, whereas Tiffin University talks about School of Off-Campus Learning. Then there is a company called Securicor Omega Container Logistics and SOCl2 is Thionylchlorid, although the 'l' is uncapitalised.

On the other hand, you might just as well be talking about the discontinuous library of oligonucleotides which can also be called the synthetic oligonucleotide combinatorial library. SOCL is also a tag used by CBS and Sony for clasical records. And, to be honest, I didn't care to read the rest of the 11,100 search hits that Yahoo! gave me...

O=of?
Nope. Usually I would say "Keep trying!" but as of late, I feel uncomfortable posting and in fear of ending up losing my account for breaking a rule. This particular thread is probably one of the trouble-threads Evaders was probably referring to and that worries me. Simply put: I'm afraid to post for fear of getting booted out.

But the O doesn't stand for of. :wink:

Guest Scathane
Nope. Usually I would say "Keep trying!" but as of late, I feel uncomfortable posting and in fear of ending up losing my account for breaking a rule. This particular thread is probably one of the trouble-threads Evaders was probably referring to and that worries me. Simply put: I'm afraid to post for fear of getting booted out.
If you get suspended or botted or whatever nonsense, I'll be the first to resign as a registered user.

But the O doesn't stand for of. :wink:
Saul Officer Class Lieutenant?