Rebellion Resurrected (tentative name)

Guest JediIgor

Talking about the interface changing, what about C3PO, IMP, and R2 and SD7?

What about voices, character special abilities (Han Solo or Emperor effect), intro-movie...

There is a lot to change!

Z'anthr saves the world. Sorry about the mess...

Venix, can the interface be changed to change 3PO, R2, etc?

What about changing the voices for Han Solo? Because it occurs to me that if we change to a time period after Jabba's demise, we would need to change that little snag. Perhaps if the Han card was replaced with Leia and the "Han is attacked by bounty hunters" event was replaced by "Leia is attacked by assassins" or something. Then if Leia was captured, she would be brought before...who? Hmm...lots to think about here.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.--Napoleon Bonaparte

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.--Robert McCloskey, State Department spokesman

Support the USA!

Well guys, my vote is for the Thrawn trilogy as the time of the TC. Mainly because the Imperials still have a fair chance to kick butt. I would also like Dalla to be in the TC as she is my second favorite character after Vader, although I like Thrawn quite a bit as well. I'll go with whatever you guys come up with though. Just my two cents worth.-Paul (Grand Moff Conway)

Guest JediIgor

My theory is that the animations aren't tied in to the specific background that they have, something like an equivalent of an animated PNG..

Does anyone have some DLL entries with the animations of the droids? We don't have to replace those unless someone can make some (animations that is). It can probably be done with 3ds max/Character Studio, but it would take some time (that's why I volunteer not to do it :P).

I once saw the pics of 3PO's movement in a .dll, so there's nothing in the way of a 3D model to make. I'll dig into it and'll let you know, which dll it is.

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5183/animated9pn.gif

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://www.swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif

Zag! Great to see ya back!

I know this is kind of crazy, but why not just change 3PO's voice and when he introduces himself, call him by another number (C3PM). No changes needed to the animations. IMP doesn't need to be changed, since the TC seems to be heading towards an "Imperial" time period.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.--Napoleon Bonaparte

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.--Robert McCloskey, State Department spokesman

Support the USA!

Guest JediIgor

The DLL entries I downloaded doesn't have any protocol droid movements.. and how do I get the sound to play??

As for the Modeling I was talking about.. you misunderstood me :(

Even if it's a GIF, you have to animate it somehow.. and since it is really a GIF from a model, it would be much simpler to download a new model and animate it :)

You can split open any dll in Rebellion with the Resource Hacker prog I mentioned in my modelling tut. There you'll see it by its filetype, or if there are dialogs, or unknowns (like models and textures).

The easiest is to click 'expand view' and then to scroll down.

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5183/animated9pn.gif

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://www.swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif

You don't even need to change threepios name as its just a standard designation common to his model, all you need to do is change his voice. You could even have him saying that he is honoured to work with the man who once worked with his famous counterpart. They were manufactured at the same plant don't you know etc etc...

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JediIgor

No, we're slowly progressing on it... As soon as we pick the name, I can open up a forum with all the ideas and stuff.

And, yes, I am in charge.. but only by default, because nobody else wants to be. Do you? (And how is your movie going? BTW long time no see! :))

It's stalled right now; I can no longer work on it in school so it's going to be a bit; if I don't finish it by the start of next school year, I'm going to have to drop it entirely though :(

If you guys pick up the pace a little; I can "fit you guys in" on an upcoming thing on TFN Games; JI AIM me if you're interested

I'm Sorry, Battle of Rebellion has been put on hold indefinetly.

wb Night.

I think we should start work.....

As for the leadership, as long as i get to do gfx, i'm okay with JI being the project leader and stuff :)

Nobody dies a virgin, life screws us all.

Venix

The Rankless-One

I say we keep JI in charge, to change now would only create confusion...

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away