Rebellion Resurrected (tentative name)

Guest JediIgor

Guest JediIgor

Ladies & Gentlemen, may I propose something to make Rebellion alive again? (or more alive anyways :P)

First of all... We can now go around the character name limit barrier, and the model barrier.. but can we go over the '50 character cards' & '8 fighters' (etc) barrier? (Please answer that question; anyone?)

Second of all.. I propose that we (not necessarily) pick a new timeline in the Star Wars universe (maybe during the new republic... but like I said, not necessarily)

Lastly, more importantly, we replace all of the cards (or most of them) with new ones. That means, not necessarily replacing all the characters with new ones, but the pictures (and their bios!). The models would also have to be all replaced (w00t!!).

Now, I am not sure if this is possible.. but it would be really nice if we could change the resolution to 1024x768 (I am sure it is in the EXE/DLL somewhere), and then change the screen & the animations to 1024x768. (This could be a little harder, but so what! :))

Please.. post your ideas/thoughts people. :)

I don't think the 50 cards-limit could be broken :(

Changing the resolution ? I think we discussed this once in the semi-old forum. Would be cool, though :)

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5183/animated9pn.gif

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://www.swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif

Tell me who you want and i can give you info on any of them. How about something like the Yuuzhan Vong Invasion? That would makje a pretty interesting campaign.

Elvismiggell

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Guest JediIgor
A TC on a scale never before considered?

Cool. Be sure to let me know if you need models :)

Hence the Total in Total Conversion :o

We'll also need all the modelers we can get, there's what, at least 40 ships on both sides?

-- Elvis: The problem with the Yuuzhan Vong invasion, is that I am not sure if they have 50 characters (can we really switch default rebel to default imperial without causing problems??), nor do we really know how their ships look like. Basically, there will be a lack of information. Another time date, like perhaps around the time of Thrawn/Daala would be just fine though, with both sides being more-or-less equal.

I suggest that we make one set in the Vision of the Future timeline. That way, the Rebels would replace the Empire, situated on Coruscant, and the Empire would replace the Alliance, based on Bastion.

• SWR Staff - Executive

Well, we would definitely need artists to do Yuuzhan Vong characters. Something to consider, if there is a definite interest in an NJO game. I know we can probably get ships from the XWA NJO project, and perhaps some characters from fan art, etc.

If not NJO, then perhaps VOTF timeline would work. I like the idea of switching the sides. Would be quite interesting.

We can't insert new cards. These are all hard-coded. Unless you want to decompile Rebellion, there really is no way to do it.

Ditto on resolution. Wish there was a way, but there isn't.

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

I suggest the TC takes place during Thrawn's era. As in the books "Heir to the Empire", "Dark Force Rising" and "The Last Command".
I wanna know why the man has a gun and the gun not the man keeps the world at bay. I wanna hear what the man has to say, what the man has to say might just save me.

Any of these timelines sound great, let's do all of 'em :lol:

The Vong can really be a problem, I just started Dark Tide 1 (yeah, finally wound up letting Chewie die to those who remember) and I haven't seen any model, or picture of the Vong troops, chars, fighters and ships so far. The only thing I have are screenshots of the JK2 models for the Vong trooper and for Nom Anor. Two character cards in total, wohoo :lol:

Guest JediIgor

Anyone else.. Skynxnex?

What I am thinking so far, we will hold a poll for both the timeline and the name of the project.. the first part being more important :o

I once tried a TC for it, I'd be happy to share what I have. I'm still alive...just...sleeping...

Actually I now work for Interactive, a graphics design firm. They are taking UCOJ 9anyone remember the Rebellion Camapigns) & copyrighting it all & making games & movies about it! We are starting to phase out as much SW stuff as we can from it, but for the latest part (The Tyrant Campaigns) all we need to find replacements for are Lightsabers (in progress) & the force (too lazy to fix). I'll update you all as we go on...

Anyone needs me my msn/icq/aim is always open to people who are looking for me!

Adam

I'm the commander of vast armies and the sole hope for UCOJ. I'm also 13 years old. -Mara Diggins

I can think of several Yuuzhan Vong characters, and if you look at the novels then you see that there many more Republic characters than Vong. This being due to the Vong relience on Yammmosks and on a few very powerful leading figures.

Tsavong Lah

Tsavong Lah's father

Supreme Overlord Shimraa

Nom Anor

Onimi

Vergere

Nen Yim

Makan

and Viqi Shesh

If you included some of the lower ranked warmasters and commanders you could easily make 20, and have the other 30 as Republic, which would be a fairly accurate proportion of the leaders.

P.S. I've very nearly finished Destiny's Way - it's rather good.

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Diggs: Welcome back to our home-away-from-home! Good luck with Interactive!

Igor: A poll would be a good idea...I agree with A-Kla, we should go with post ROTJ, there is unending information available, and most of the technology is recognizable.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.--Napoleon Bonaparte

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.--Robert McCloskey, State Department spokesman

Support the USA!

Hey, we're changing interface and stuff too, right ? I've got experience with that, dont know if you ever tried it ? ( ? )

Nobody dies a virgin, life screws us all.

Venix

The Rankless-One

Guest JediIgor

OK here's heads up.. I don't think we can change the resolution, however if someone can hex edit the EXE or the DLL and see if you could do it... great! But Evaders told me that the whole game would have to be recoded for the resolution change. Anyhow..

Post-ROTJ, would the Heir to the Force series be okay? I like that idea too, but I would like a more specific time period for people to vote for.

Expect the poll to be up shortly after we have the time period thing sorted out.. :)

I once considered making a 'Hunt for Zsinj' TC, but I haven't found any authentic pic of Zsinj himself. I even mailed Aaron Allston. He said, there would be one in 'Cracken's threat dossier', but I had no luck getting that source-book, either through good will or by threats :roll:

So I guess this period is of the hook :(

The X-wing series have alot of characters and stuff....

But i'd go with the Thrawn Trilogy.

Venix

The Rankless-One

The X-wing series have alot of characters and stuff....

But i'd go with the Thrawn Trilogy.

The X-Wing series certainly does have lots of stuff...I think that should be the choice! That way, we could have a Piggy card!!!

Piggy, Piggy, he's our Gamorrean,

If he can't do it, no one can...amorrean.

Hmmm, that needs work, doesn't it?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.--Robert McCloskey, State Department spokesman

Support the USA!

lol

Rogue Squadron doesnt feature much new ships though. We could update the existing ones ofcourse.

Venix

The Rankless-One

:lol:

Not having to mod too many of the capital ships is a good thing, I would think. There could be some "Uglies" cards and, of course, all the new characters. Besides, the New Republic now has Star Destroyers, etc. A TC with just these things should be pretty challenging.

Support the USA!

Guest JediIgor

Open up your NJO books and look at the timeline... it lists certain books as being several years ABY. That is what I mean.. can someone put up a link to a timeline or something though... cause I am too lazy to look in my book :P

Anyhow, just because the Thrawn series doesn't talk about the characters, doesn't mean they are not there... remember the 8th or 9th X-Wing book? They talk about how they won the Thrawn conflict.

Basically, we can have all the characters from the previous books (timeline wise) as long as they are not dead.