RESIGNED!!! REMOVE ACCOUNT!!!

Guest Pucho777

Hard, but not impossible. How about something related to experience, as a ship or its crew gains experience, it gets a better hyperspace rating because they can plot better courses. Not exactly what we want, but it would have the same general effect.

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Igor: redesigning 3-D models for a game and then uploading them successfully is "hard". Plotting hyperspace vectors is...time consuming. :D

Elvis: I suppose that could be a better solution, and probably much easier for Greg to incorporate.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.--Napoleon Bonaparte

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.--Robert McCloskey, State Department spokesman

Support the USA!

Yeah, navigators get better at taking calculated risks with more experience. Not quite as good as the Kessel run, but it kinda works.

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

NOTHING can ever compare to :evil:Natural Disasters:evil:

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.--Napoleon Bonaparte

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.--Robert McCloskey, State Department spokesman

Support the USA!

• 2 weeks later...
How about being able to change the name of the fighter squadrons to something other than Red, Blue, Green etc...

Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has, how embarrassing. - Yoda

Do not count a human dead until you've seen his body, and even then you can make a mistake. - Bene Gesserit saying

Kinda like with your cap ships. Maybe do it with troops too? And death stars, or can you already?

Exactly.

Or how about every time you win a battle your ships, fighters and command crew gain experience based on the outcome of the battle, or make it so that each individual ship keeps track of it's kill count...

Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has, how embarrassing. - Yoda

Do not count a human dead until you've seen his body, and even then you can make a mistake. - Bene Gesserit saying

Yewh man, individual ship stats. Kills by type. Battles won/lost etc etc :)

Yeah, posting, it's this thing we do that lets us talk.

• 4 weeks later...
i just want to make a coment i read somewhere in this thread. In NJO they can communacate in Hyper space. A pirate or "peace keeper" what ever there called offered a vong to use there comm systems cuz they can comm in hyperspace, or as the vong call it dark space,. And i don't realy remeber anythnig said that they couldn't comm in hyper space during the civil war or the prequils. And other books i have read.

Also i was thinking..... smaller ships start to lose there place when one can start building larger ships. So why not give the smaller ships the abilaty to enter the atmophere of a planet and aid in fighting enemy ground forces? Give more tactical advantage is such cases. The bigger ships can bombard the planet yes but they could blow up somethnig they don't want to. The smaller ones can do the same job just more acceratly.

( i know my spelling sucks.)

Interesting, yeah, cos Vics are supposed to be able to enter the atmosphere, but nothing larger according to the sources i've heard.

This is a great idea. The bombardment must be upgraded. I never saw an ISD entering the atmosphere.

Also, in the cutscene, where the HQ is attacked, no capital ships appeared. A group of Tie Bombers have done the job... (where are those damn cloud cars, when you need them :wink: )

Yeah, we could do with a new movie, would the Alliance really have no turbolasers on their headquarters?

Vics can enter atmosheres, I guess taht was teh reason for a higher bombardment rating. Marauder Corvettes do enter atmosphere too. If it is included in the Tc it should have a good Bombardment RAting.
http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

Could be, or that could just be the artist that designed them....

• 4 months later...
I have to tell you what I heard, or didn't hear at Celebration 2, I asked the people from LucasArts about making a new Rebellion, and they just looked at me like I was an alien, I don't think its coming :(
The force is strong in my family. No, Luke, I am your father.

Yeah, they have no faith in the fans. :(

But if it does come to pass I would like them to blend the old with the new, {more new} and see what happens. 8O

Guest Admiral_Antilles

Here are some of My opinion they should have in the next game (If there is one):

1) Interdictor crusers can pull ships that pass through there system out of hyperspace.

2) There should be at the start of a game 3-4 saga you play in, each with different ships, personelle (sp), possibly new planets, new factions Chiss, Bothan, Etc. Basically a whole new strategy for each game.

3) I think they should make the Important planets seem more important like, The Bilbringi Shipyards, Coruscant! ( The game makes Coruscant suck!), Yaga Minor's Shipyards, and whichever other one I am to lazy to type. ^_^

4) Instead of "You" putting ranks on people, It should be the Comp that makes the rankings based on there skills.

5) You should be able to run Ground Battles simultaneously (sp) with Space Battles.

6) Flagships should be "protected" if you will by the other Capital ships in your fleet using the games AI. Fagships should also have Spec Bonuses like Guns, Shiels, Etc.

Thats pretty much all I can brainstorm at the moment. i am sorry if some of this post has been said before. There is/was no intention of that.

I think Admiral Antilliles hit it right on the head,make the game with different options, some you can change, some you can't. :D