RESIGNED!!! REMOVE ACCOUNT!!!

Guest Pucho777

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they just are disconnected with the rest of the fleet and cannot contact the fleet until the rest of the fleet is in realspace so a single ship could drop out early by the flag officer on board but you could not tell him to that is how it is in sw not how the game should be, the fleet should be able to come out of hyperspace before they get to a planet than go in the rest of the way to see if it is all good yet, and go into tactical when bombarding planets so you can have control of all that not some guy who puts his ships in front of a big gun
Why are people afraid to die? It is a natural part of life. Life and Death. They go together. Some people are just willing to speed up that process.

Like i said, that should be an option in the difficulty settings. Hardcore sw gamers won't want to0 be able to ignore sw science. However, i agree that i coulkd make the game more interesting or easier for beginners as well. I just think it shouldn't be built in, people should be able to decide for themselves what they want to do.

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Pucho,

No need to be rude, dude. I understand what you're getting at...but you can do that right now, with Rebellion. Just save before you send a fleet to a system and if you get there and you can't win the battle, just re-load from before you left. Not exactly an ethical solution, but it prevents ever losing a battle...which is what I'm assuming you want to do.

Most of the rest of us just don't understand why you would want to play the game that way. :?

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.--Napoleon Bonaparte

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.--Robert McCloskey, State Department spokesman

Support the USA!

• 2 weeks later...
If you want to play like that, all you have to do is tell them to go to another system BEFORE the target system. You have to do this ahead of time, as it would be in the real SW universe, but it's the same thing. I often do that, especially if there's a friendly planet close by. Because if I get to a system and retreat, the ships often go to the last planet they visited... which could be in a different sector. Now I think THAT should be changed. You should be able to tell your ships where to retreat to directly after a battle.
Hello

Not sure i get the first bit, but i'm too tired to think, sorry.

I definitely agree with your idea about retreating. It always used to annoy me that it automatically went to the nearest system, so now i make sure i never need to retreat!!!

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Pucho...no problemo! Glad to hear you're out of the hospital...hope it wasn't anything serious (although I suppose it must have been for you to have been there 2 weeks!).

I just lost a fleet last night because I underestimated my opponent's fleet (actually, I didn't even know there was a fleet there...poor intelligence). In retalliation, I sent many ISDs to "deal" with the situation. :D

I'd like to see an option in Rebellion 2 that would allow a fleet to specify beforehand where they escape to...because in battle, you usually don't have time to figure out where you will escape or calculate the jump. I think I remember from the EU that fleets would have escape routes already calculated when they entered a dangerous situation. Anyway, that would be a cool option.

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.--Robert McCloskey, State Department spokesman

Support the USA!

Yeh, good idea, also, the pc should be able to give you a list of probable destinations due to the line that they took, like they do in the books and in Empire Strikes Back.

Say:

Balmorra:35%

Coruscant:45%

etc

Yes! Although, if you know how the AI operates, you sort of know where a enemy fleet goes to anyway. The AI always sends a defeated or fleeing fleet to the closest system it controls. So...If you click on Confirmed Move and find the closest system, go there quickly and mop up the puny Rebel scum! :twisted:

Support the USA!

Hmm, either way you wouldnt be ab;e to change your mind on things that have happened during the battle, but then i guess game time dictates that a attle only lasts one day, so if you were paying attention before the battle you'd know where you wanted to evac to and then you could set it when the battle screen first comes up. Thoughts?

That's about what I was thinking...

Support the USA!

Hi again,

I agree that Reb II ought to have more in common with the STar WArs universe, I heartily agree on a higher relevance of hyperspace. For example to deduce directions from their vector, and a more important use of Interdictors to take ships out of hyperspace. Also their should be systems you can't approach from anywhere unless you follow a particular hyperlane.

I remember posting something about that in the semi-old fourm, but now it's gone.

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

And about Interdictors. EVERY fleet has them. Powerful planetary defense has them. Why do we have to use the same ship throughout the whole game? There should be stations with gravity wells at least, or 2 or 3 other ships with gravity wells. I can think of one: Modified Strike Cruiser (hybrid between Strike Cruiser and Interdictor Cruiser). But I think we need at least one more.
Hello

Guest JediIgor

Well, name some ships out of the book that have gravity well generators as a standard, besides the Interdictor?

That doesn't really matter anyways, we can add our own ships... :)

I can think of some ships with gravity mass projectors. There was the Mon Mothma, one of the newer Rebel Destroyers, it appeared in Star by STar under WEdge's command.

Of stations with grvitymass projectors I know only CEneterpoint, but anyway that would be useless, at its most. You can't move the station out of it's system, a gravity mass projector would only work there if you wanted to prevent ship from fleeing the system. (No one would even risk to send a fleet (unless it was a big one) to such a system!!!). Interdictors could prevent enemy fleets from entering the system.

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

Hmmm, well the Imps have Interdictor Cruisers and also the ESSD is supposed to have them. Not sure about the Sovereign SSD class. They might havwe had them. If you ask me i think they're a bit too common in the game. I mean, look at the books, there aren't very many instances of Interdictors being used. I mean, the Emire didn't even use them in RotJ. Thrawn used them, because he was a master tactician. Maybe a limit on the number you can have, instead of having one with every single fleet?

Booster Terrik's station in the Bacta War had a gravity well projector. Also, a gravity well projector would not prevent a ship from entering a system, it would cause it to do so, only it would enter where the commander of the Interdictor wanted it to in the same way Thrawn used it to bring his Vics into battle. And as the Bacta War shows, even smugglers and mercenaries can use a gravity well projector as long as they can aquire one.
For the life of me, I cannot remember, what made us think that we were wise and could never comprimise.

Hi again,

I agree that Reb II ought to have more in common with the STar WArs universe, I heartily agree on a higher relevance of hyperspace. For example to deduce directions from their vector, and a more important use of Interdictors to take ships out of hyperspace. Also their should be systems you can't approach from anywhere unless you follow a particular hyperlane. I remember posting something about that in the semi-old fourm, but now it's gone.

Yes, we talked about the "Kessel Run" in the semi-old forums. That was an excellent idea, as galaxies do contain black holes, quasars, and other anomolies that would hamper travel.

Support the USA!