The most unbelievable thing that happen to me as a Rebel

Supreme_Warlord

Here I am... commanding the pitiful Rebel Alliance... Leia and han are my favorite people... Well, after one game... THEY ARE NOT MY FAVORITE PEOPLE ANYMORE!!! They are traitors! Can you believe that?! Luke detected leia and han being traitors... I sent Leia on mission and everyone of them are foiled...Grrrr! TRAITOR! Then I send han on mission but foiled or capture! That is bullcrap, people! Leia is the one that start the Rebel Alliance and Han is the one that marries Leia but wow... That game surprised me! Leia is a traitor and so is han??? wow....
Never challenge a foe unless you know that foe strength and weakness

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Were you using Rebed or anything like that???

I've never heard of them going traitor, they're the ones who recruit, this is un-frickin-believable.

Damn Them :x

Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has, how embarrassing. - Yoda

Do not count a human dead until you've seen his body, and even then you can make a mistake. - Bene Gesserit saying

Rah! It's also impossible they're traitors with standard, original game settings.....god forbid, but you'ld have to actually untick Leia & Han's 'never betray there side,' using RebEd in order for that to happen, which i'm not sure might go down to well with the game files... :?
http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

It is a freakin' normal game! I dont even use Rebed to do this! I am serious! I was just on my normal commanding of the Rebel side then I get luke telling me that Han and Leia is a freakin' traitor! So LucasArts did surprised me there in all of my years of playing it, this is something that is new to me for the first time.

Right I know that but dude you dont get it... I didn't use Rebed for this and I restored all the default values and no I did not touch it by mistake. I am telling you this is a shock to me!

Guest Scathane
Right I know that but dude you dont get it... I didn't use Rebed for this and I restored all the default values and no I did not touch it by mistake. I am telling you this is a shock to me!

I understand that you didn't use RebEd for this game. But your saying that you restored to default values before playing this game does open up the way to an explanation, dude.

RebEd doesn't completely and totally clean the game of all RebEd changes you've made. For instance, if you load a card over, say, Jan Dodonna and then click Restore default values, RebEd changes his values back to original, but not the card picture.

Now, in theory, restoring deafult values should change stuff like the won't-betray-his-side feature. Nevertheless, there is a reason that they call it software: even if you follow the rules of the programming language used, telling the software to do something doesn't guarantee you that it will actually do so. RebEd tends to screw up the game in minor ways. To me, that much is clear. The only way to be sure that you got an original game is to do a clean install. The second best option, in my opinion, is to save your setting after you've done a clean install, so you can load these setting when necessary.

Guest Scathane
It can't be major chars won't go traitor. Nor Force sensitives. And Han and leia do have those won't betray his side checks in rebed....
You might want to revise that, Trej... Dude21 says he's had a force sensitive go traitor...

Thats right and thats the story and if anyone dont believe that I could send the savegame.

" I had Nils Ferier as Jedi Knight

and he discovered Noval as traitor and

a bit later Darth discover HIM as traitor.

Is it possible that Nils discovered a traitor

but HE is the traitor and not Noval?? "

And NO I dont change anything with RebEd

"I am growing stronger with the Force"

Maybe thay can only be discovered by Main Characters who are Jedi

ex: Luke, Leia, Vader and Palpatine

Do not count a human dead until you've seen his body, and even then you can make a mistake. - Bene Gesserit saying

Guest Scathane
Maybe thay can only be discovered by Main Characters who are Jedi

ex: Luke, Leia, Vader and Palpatine

You mean that force sensitive traitors can only be discovered by major characters? Interesting concept!

Nevertheless, I think that dude21 has an interesting suggestion. I think the game situation was as follows:

1. Niles Ferrier is a force sensitive who discovers that Noval Garaint is a traitor.
    2. Later in the game, Darth Vader discovers that Niles Ferrier is a traitor.

The suggestion that dude21 is making is: since Niles ferrier is a traitor, has he given false information by saying Noval Garaint is a traitor? :roll:

(correct me if I'm wrong, dude21)

That would mean that the game is very devious, I would have thought that the designers woukd make the AI better than make the game a good liar.

I I don't think that the AI would be samrt enought to lie... I'll have to look up the manual, I remembered the force-sensitive not going traitor thing from there. I'll check it.

That treasonous force-guys can only be found out by major chars is an interesting concept. We could well test things like this out.

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

Use RebEd to make some chars Force-sensitive, and give them a low loyalty. Then start losing the game, play as Imps otherwise you'll have to wait until luke can detect force-sensitives. . Use you fleets to destroy Coruscant, etc... ANd b e sure to move all chars to a signle planet with vader.

Hopefullly you'll be getting treason messages from those force sensies, and if they too report finding other none-force traitors...

Guest Scathane
Play as Imps otherwise you'll have to wait until luke can detect force-sensitives. . .
No you don't. Now that you're using RebEd, you might as well pump us his Jedi Level to Master so that he can detect them right away.

With regard to you testing method: how do you determine or edit a characters treason value? How can you be sure that characters will actually become traitors?

Edited by Scathane

Oops, forgot that.

Anyway, lose the game lose your HQ/Coruscant, lose your fleets, have lots and lots of maintenance shortfalls.

in Rebed there is n option that allws you to edit a chars loyalty rating have them at 50 or 60 and start losing soon enough they will start betraying you.

Guest Scathane
It's always a combination of the loyalty rating in RebEd (I'd forgotten it was there) and bad maintenance, then?

Thats the right way to test that force sensitivs become traitor. Please write the outcome to this forum.

and with the "wont betray his side " checkbox:

I dont believe that realy

because I also had chewbacca defecting to the emperials

"I am growing stronger with the Force"