Release Date - Public BETA

Lord_La_forge

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to be nitpicky, but I believe the planets and their respective sectors might not be correct. For instance, Yaga Minor is supposed to be in the Outer Rim, on the verge of the Unknown Regions, whereas Coruscant is nearly in the Deep Core. I think this has to do with an inability to reprogram some of those details. Anyway, I just thought I'd mention that.

But I TOTALLY love it!!!

Fantastic job, team!!!

Bud,

Is the Vista fix for Rebellion for the D3D issue?

All,

Please advise...

Rotor

Yeah, the D3D fix for graphical errors. But as you mentioned, you need to manually apply the registry files. This is most likely because of Vista's new user account control system which is going to prohibit an arbitrary program from modifying system files or registry settings. Unless the installer is programmed to install shield specifications it may not function properly on Vista.

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

My old Rebellion site (very web 1.0) - Bud's Korner and Rebellion Strategy

Dang...Vista kinda sucks.

I don't know about "sucks" but it has a share of pros and cons. It's different and SP1 should bring the kernel up to Windows 2008 Server version. NT 6.0 to NT 6.1, a deviation in traditional service packing from the previous NT releases that kept the kernel at the shipped version.

Pros

- UAC notifies the user before executing dangerous code. If the user pays no attention and clicks "ok" to everything it really doesn't matter.

Cons

- Native support of the d3drm.dll dropped for no apparent reason as installing the old .dll works.

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

Glad to see its available. Congrats and great work to all who put effort into this project. And kudos to Mask for wasting his free time in putting this up. Seeing how I am off tomorrow, I will be fooling around with it. I hope some of you are around in case I need help installing it(it took me forever just to download and install RebEd oh so many years ago).

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

Zuggriffsverletzung bei Addresse 0044EE1D in Modul 'setup.exe'. Leson von Adresse 00b78614

I resolved this error: I could not get setup.exe to successfully run until I manually shutdown the background process services installed by VMware Server. If you have VMware Server installed and get this error, open the Services control panel and manually stop all of the VMware related services.

Hi could any one give me a hand with Reloaded my instalaltion isnt working properly. Though Im an old hand at Rebellion, I dont really understand Rebed and its giving me grief...

I got as far as shifting the .rebfile into rebed, however when ever I try to load it up it claims I need to update Rebed! Im using .26 and I didnt think nor can I find a more recent version. Instead it tells me to manuelly install dsll cards for the ships and enclyopedia which I dont how to do!

Help would be much appreciated

I haven´t tried it yet, but anyway, thank you for that Mod, guys. Great Job! :D

Edit:

I´ve got the following message after starting RR:

AppName: rebexe.exe AppVer:0.1.0.1 ModName: rebexe.exe MoVer: 0.1.0.1 Offset: 00015e45

Rebellion aswell the RebEd have been freshly installed. I use WinXP HE.

Edited by Eagle
Who cares at all?! :roll:

celestialtoymaker, I too had this problem even though the latest version is on the site. Try freshly installing Rebellion and then a fresh installation of RebEd (you might download it it again to be safe). This worked for me

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1333/3dartistbanneranimationws1.gif

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/4026/rebellionbannerdi2.gif

OK, as promised Im a tad lost. I reinstalled Rebellion and Reloaded on my second computer, and downloaded the Reloaded file. I had them put into the Rebellion folder. Now then, what's the next step? I never tried out any of the TCs on the site, so I am unsure how to start them up. A little help here would be hot.

Edit: I played around a bit. I got half-way there. Luke, Leia, Han, and Mothma are updated. All other characters are the same as in the original Rebellion. The troops, starships, and SpecForc updated, but the facilities remained the same. Im so close yet so far!

Yet another edit: I keep getting an error message that reads

STRING TO LONG: TRUNCATED!

What does this mean? Am I on crack?

Edited by Darth_Rob

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

I've got the day off on Sunday so i'll probably clear some more space off my old comuter and give it a try then. I don't even want to bother using it on my Vista machine right now.

Is it just me or am I going to be one of the more reliable testers? You guys are getting all these errors.

It took me some time to get things rolling, primarily due to my lack of experience with RebEd and having a "Typical" install originally. I renamed my original install folder and then reinstalled a fresh, "Maximum" install in the default directory and tried everything again. It worked, but I did get the "String too long, Truncated" message, but after clicking "Ok" a bunch of times, it worked. So, if you're having problems, I'd recommend doing a fresh maximum install in the default directory and try again. Everything looked pretty great for the few minutes I've played so far. I'm wondering if being able to build Star Destroyers as the Rebels might be a small bug, though. Kudos to the team. Well done.

Is it just me or am I going to be one of the more reliable testers? You guys are getting all these errors.

It took me some time to get things rolling, primarily due to my lack of experience with RebEd and having a "Typical" install originally. I renamed my original install folder and then reinstalled a fresh, "Maximum" install in the default directory and tried everything again. It worked, but I did get the "String too long, Truncated" message, but after clicking "Ok" a bunch of times, it worked. So, if you're having problems, I'd recommend doing a fresh maximum install in the default directory and try again. Everything looked pretty great for the few minutes I've played so far. I'm wondering if being able to build Star Destroyers as the Rebels might be a small bug, though. Kudos to the team. Well done.

Te beta could have many small bugs, but that is not one of them. :) Rebels are no longer rebels, they represent the New Republic. And so they have Coruscant and all (or most) of the technologies. That is why they can build a Star Destroyer too (however, only Mark I)

If you guys fins something strange ingame, you can make a screenshot of it and post it here.

I apologize for reporting that as a bug. After further reading, I realized it was designed that way. Makes perfect sense of course.

Things look really great so far. Well done.

Folks, first of all in the name of the whole R:R team, thanks for the praises :D We're glad those of you, that already got working like what did.

For those that have problems, I just made a sticky thread in this forum. Solved problems will be posted there.

About Kuat, well if the installation goes as planned there should be a Kuat sector, right next to Core worlds and Corellia with the planet Kuat innit :wink:

ALSO: the setup creates a logfile.txt, where it notes all the steps taken during the installation, as well as any errors, that might occur.

Oh, and no hard feelings about that silly mob stuff, right? I mean, I let the wedgie go and I'm sure you've come to terms with me burning your house down... *runs*
0_o ? You sure this was my house ? :lol:

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5183/animated9pn.gif

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://www.swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif

Does anyone else find that the voices are much quieter (almost inaudible) compared to music at the same volume?

Is possible, try to modify the volume in the options screen. (lot of homemade recordings..)

Piper your beta didn't install itself properly. (you need to unpack the files into a "beta" folder within the games folder. Like C:\program files\Lucas Arts\Star Wars Rebellion\beta)

There are some feautres still to come for this beta!

(some images, interfaces update and music)

Does anyone else find that the voices are much quieter (almost inaudible) compared to music at the same volume?

Is possible, try to modify the volume in the options screen. (lot of homemade recordings..)

Piper your beta didn't install itself properly. (you need to unpack the files into a "beta" folder within the games folder. Like C:\program files\Lucas Arts\Star Wars Rebellion\beta)

There are some feautres still to come for this beta!

(some images, interfaces update and music)

That worked! The interface is updated and so are the voices now. The Alliance interface seems a little faded at the top where you see resources etc. though. Could just be my video card though.

The voices on mine are a little messed up..they switch between the news ones and some old ones..

Otherwise, it's great..

...except the AI has learned some new tricks..

An AI fleet of 2 ISDs, a MC-40, and some fighters started bombarding whatever sector Waylands in, so i rushed my fleet, consisting of 1 ISD, 3 Victories, and 2 Dreadnaughts back to the sector..and then they attack me with a fleet of 4 ISDs, a MC-40, a Peregrine Strike Cruiser, and twice as many fighters....they're mean..

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/3488/zersigef1.jpg