Release Date - Public BETA

Lord_La_forge

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*waves farewell*

Night folks and happy ID4 to those of you that were on holiday, today.

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5183/animated9pn.gif

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://www.swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif

No error messages over here. Psycho, go into the cards folder in the extracted files and place the .reb file in there in the Rebed folder. Go into "Load Settings" in Rebed and it should be right there.

Also, I didn't see any new cutscenes when I loaded Rebellion from Rebed (except for the Reloaded Team logo), other then that everything is running fine. (and is awesome)

I've done that. As it turns out, the error messages dont' mean it doesn't work. I'm abotu to run it, but I don't think the video file ran - it jsut added itself to a registry. But what do I know?

(PS: Psych, not Psycho.)

Sovereign ProtAKtor of the BEAK Imperium.

1 Corinthians 16:14 " Your every act should be done with love."

You're not missing out on anything with the movies, Psych. Aside from some incredible destroy/or get destroyed Eclipse(Reloaded's Death Star) cutscenes, I don't think there are any new cutscenes in the beta. (WIP, probably)

What a tease!

Star Wars Rebellion: Reloaded is finally here... OMG... I should have read last page of posts first :P

Edited by budious

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

My old Rebellion site (very web 1.0) - Bud's Korner and Rebellion Strategy

Thank you, THANK YOU, Mask! You are the man!

Oh, and no hard feelings about that silly mob stuff, right? I mean, I let the wedgie go and I'm sure you've come to terms with me burning your house down... *runs*

Obi-Wan on SW: Rebellion-

"This is the game of a Jedi Knight. Not as pretty or as fast as a FPS, but an elegant RTS for a more civilized age."

Here is the difference between the unaltered Rebellion and Rebellion Reloaded.

Unaltered Rebellion: Old and Busted

Rebellion Reloaded: New Hotness.

Old and Busted <---- New Hotness.

Cookie to whomever knows where I got those descriptions.

Teh Sith will Pownzorz you all!!!!!

@Vader: I believe I know- Men in Black II. Am I correct, or do they just use the same line?

I'll be sure to try the beta out... Eventually... Once I finish screwing about with my newer games that were released by licensed professionals who could write their own source codes... But I will get around to testing. When I'm bored enough with Battle for Middles Earth II to take out Rebellion again. In other words, probably when the full, polished version is out. :lol:

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Since there is no "official thread" for this, I really only have one problem with the beta. Hmmnn...doesn't work...lol. I followed the directions explicitly, yet when the game interface starts, I basically get a "Reb.exe" (at least that's what I think; Vista doesn't specify). Tried a full erase and reinstall to no luck. Any suggestions out there?

Rotor

Try again. Run no other programs, and make absolutely sure that you understand and follow the instructions exactly and explicitly. Read the ReadMe.

Did you read the thread about Windows Vista and Rebellion in the main forum? The fix is posted there to get Rebellion working in Vista.

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

Ok, I'll try to help out here - I'm not the technical guy here though :wink:

First RotorHead: Before you try to get Reloaded going, make sure standard Rebellion works under Vista. If it doesn't, you'll need to read Bud's fix in the General Discussions area. To my knowledge none of the Reloaded crew have Vista, so we won't be able to give specific help.

Everyone else: First thing's first, make a clean installation of Rebellion. Start from fresh. The first time I installed Reloaded, only about half of the game was updated. With a fresh installation it worked.

For the .reb file, load up RebED (you may need a new installation of RebED as well. I know my RebEd didn't work properly after re-installing Rebellion).

Click the "LOAD SETTINGS" button.

Simply search for where you've extracted the Reloaded BETA to, and the file: "Reloaded_Beta.reb". When you select the file, it should give a brief description about the file when selected, mentioning Rebellion Reloaded. Simply load the file.

Assuming all other instructions have been followed, it should work.

If people are still having problems, just ask and we'll try to fix them.

Now, I'm going to download the BETA myself and give it a whirl :P

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1333/3dartistbanneranimationws1.gif

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/4026/rebellionbannerdi2.gif

Talk about most complicated install ever... :P

I guess taco has shown me up. :(

I have plenty of things to say about Reloaded, but I'm only gonna say that I was rather surrpised and proud to find that MY custom-made Imperial character is in Reloaded. I'd recognize my defender-loving Thrawn-involving Infinities-esque writing anyway, and Dark Invader is definately an ISD name of mine. (As though I didn't recognize my character's name.)

Zuggriffsverletzung bei Addresse 0044EE1D in Modul 'setup.exe'. Leson von Adresse 00b78614

I'm guessing that is the standard "An error has occured at address xxx in setup.exe" message. I've tried it every which way and it doesn't work under Windows 2000 Professional SP4

Rebellion has been working in Vista ever since I moved the D3D file to the Windows\System32\ folder. In fact, I've been playing P:ESB for some time now.

I did, in fact, do a clean install of Rebellion and RebEd and as mentioned before, I followed the instructions to the letter to no avail. In fact, the only way I could get it to start at all was to run both RegEdit files in the Beta folder. Without running the "enable_loading_RebEd_cards" file, the game doesn't even find the installation CD directory. In the end, this may be the problem altogether.

Bud,

Is the Vista fix for Rebellion for the D3D issue?

All,

Please advise...

Rotor