Fan movie: Thrawn Trilogy

Evaders99

Well you remember more names than I do from the book. Unless they're Rebellion characters they don't register. Anyways, I would have wrote it my way. Zahn started something great and wrote it into the ground, kind of like the Wachowski brothers and the Matrix trilogy.

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

My old Rebellion site (very web 1.0) - Bud's Korner and Rebellion Strategy

I didn't notice that picture in the post before. That seems a bit on the low side, the book described more ships than those shown. Somewhere in the book it mentioned there were 9 ISD's and 20 strike cruisers and numerous support ships. The armada pic is of the assault on the rebel shipyard assuming the freighter is included so there other task forces elsewhere.

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

UPDATE: I just saw the trailer, and I have to say, I think it looks pretty bloody fantastic. I mean, I don't much about computers or CGI, but given that this is a free production with the fellows making it inducing all the costs, I think it's pretty darn fantastic! I'm very much looking forward to it and I hope it doesn't fall apart like many other much-expected fanfilms.

I´ve just watched it too. Very nice stuff. It has the quality equivalent to the cutscenes in "X-Wing Alliance". Maybe it´s even the same engine, but very well done. 8O

About the spelling, just watch their member-list. Most of them are from poland. So nevermind. ;)

Who cares at all?! :roll:

Yes, but traditionally the second highest ranked officer assumes captain duty aboard the fleet's flagship, in this case Chimera. If Pell was dead and Thrawn injured and unable to assume command then he would want his most competent man at his side to coordinate fleet operations. I assumed from the book that both Pell and Dorja operate as Captains of their respective ships but each has a rank similar to Rear Admiral, as Thrawn often in the book makes communications to Dorja and he often leads the second assault force in the simultaneous attacks that Thrawns plans throughout the battles.

Going back to the English fleet of the 16th and 17th century, the captain aboard the flag ship was the most senior of the fleet's captains, however there were other officer's in the fleet that out ranked him. So, for example, the Mediterranean fleet was commanded by an Admiral of the White with an Admiral (anywhere from Rear-Admiral and up) of the Red and an Admiral (again, Rear-Admiral and up) of the blue below him, then each of the Captains in order of seniority.

In Thrawn's fleet I would imagine that Pellaeon would be the most senior captain due to his age and service record, but that might not be the case. The Imerial Navy shows many similarities to the old Royal Navy, but it differs in many ways too, so who know's how seniority works in it?

I've re-watched the trailer and my opinion still stands to some extent. The space scenes are well doen, but the characters themselves need a lot of work. They're movements are very stiff. I look forward to seeing future work.

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

I've never seen that bicture before SOCL. Are those other ships between the ISD's and Carracks supposed to be Strike Cruisers? They look a little...odd.
Yes, Loronar Strike-class cruisers.

I didn't notice that picture in the post before. That seems a bit on the low side, the book described more ships than those shown. Somewhere in the book it mentioned there were 9 ISD's and 20 strike cruisers and numerous support ships. The armada pic is of the assault on the rebel shipyard assuming the freighter is included so there other task forces elsewhere.
It came from page 68 of The Thrawn Trilogy Sourcebook and is indeed the order-of-battle for Thrawn's raid on the Sluis Van shipyards towards the end of the novel Heir to the Empire. On page 376 of the novel itself, Pellaeon refers to the task force assemble for the job of conducting a diversionary raid on the shipyards whilst mole miners filled with Stormtroopers breach and take control of the bridges of New Republic vessels. He describes the task force as thus:
It was an impressive task force, one worthy of the old days: five Imperial Star Destroyers, twelve Strike-class cruisers, twenty-two of the old Carrack-class light cruisers, and thirty full squadrons of TIE fighters standing ready in the hangar bays.

And riding there...sat the battered old A-class bulk freighter.

The picture is, therefore, not only accurate, but exact.

Exact in quantity, read the battle sequence, some of the other ISD's are fighting starboard of Chimera and start taking heavy fire, Thrawn orders the strike cruisers to engage the rebel assault frigates. The formation is totally wrong and probably so am I.

Exact in quantity, read the battle sequence, some of the other ISD's are fighting starboard of Chimera and start taking heavy fire, Thrawn orders the strike cruisers to engage the rebel assault frigates. The formation is totally wrong and probably so am I.
Well, I don't think the formation is representative of where the warships are, but rather which ships have been deployed. I do see what you're saying.

If you see, you read too deeply. :D

• 2 weeks later...
If you see, you read too deeply. :D

SOCL sees things that aren't really there, budious. Just play along and you won't have to read through a three page long lecture explaining the origin of that particular phrase.

Chaos, Panic, Disorder, Destruction.....

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

Commander-in-Chief of BEAK Forces

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

• 1 month later...
hmm llooks intersting about time they made this stll thrawn still could not out command me

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j252/Darth_Syn/200px-Mandaloreultimate2.jpghttp://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p277/Crushedfeather/MandalorianSkull.jpg

92% of peapol listen ©rap these days if you are part of the 8% still listen to to real music ad this as part of you signiture

Tofu, Tofu, Tofu. I still think you need to be shot for blaspheming Thrawn.

I'm looking forward to the trailer downloading and actually playing.

must Agree whith that can i carry out the execution id much like to mitth_raw_nuruodo any one who speakes like that needs the fireing squad

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j252/Darth_Syn/200px-Mandaloreultimate2.jpghttp://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p277/Crushedfeather/MandalorianSkull.jpg

92% of peapol listen ©rap these days if you are part of the 8% still listen to to real music ad this as part of you signiture

mandalore, sorry to seem so pushy, this being your first few days on the forums, and indeed welcome!

Still, please try not to double-post unless it's been a few days since the last posting in a thread. Just click the edit button and add your next comments. Thanks! :)

Tofu, Tofu, Tofu. I still think you need to be shot for blaspheming Thrawn.

I'm looking forward to the trailer downloading and actually playing.

must Agree whith that can i carry out the execution id much like to mitth_raw_nuruodo any one who speakes like that needs the fireing squad

The utter irony! :lol::lol:

Sorry, but I can't let this one go.

Firstly, for the rest of us to even begin to understand where you are coming from, honestly, how old are you?

Your abuse of language is simply dreadful beyond anything we have ever encountered. It's simply a turn-off to log onto the site and behold. The comments directed at this were completely qualified by other long term users, and justified. I have raised this with other mods.

The majority of us are either young adults, adults, or utterly ancient (with Tex's case); i'm 36 for the record and really don't appreciate your half efforts at bashing a key board and the subsequent results. If you have a problem with spelling, I do being mildly dyslexic, then download a spell-checker. Google has one with their tool bar. It's simple and easy to use, and in your case would probably help you with your use of language in the long term. :)

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

it seems some cannot take a joke i was only kidding i just would not like to see the galaxies greatest tactician bashed as too my age I am currently 18 as such i apologize for any offence I was simply acting in character

it seems some cannot take a joke i was only kidding i just would not like to see the galaxies greatest tactician bashed as too my age I am currently 18 as such i apologize for any offence I was simply acting in character

:lol: Boba Fett could speak!

But a welcome change! :wink:

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

@SOCL & J: Thank you!

I'm almost sorry I haven't been online all this week. My girlfriend came up, and is staying at my place this week, so I've been busy. I'm sure you'll all forgive me. (Not as if long absences haven't become the norm...) ANYWAY, what I've seen of mandalore's posts reminds me, and more than a little bit, of Tofu's posts from back when I joined the site. (mandalore, you might want to think about that comment.) That being said, mandalore, I consider you to be fair game for BEAKing. Last I checked SOCL had a mini-explanation of that in his sig. As the Grand AKmiral, you should expect a LOT of corrections from me. I will try to ignore the utter lack of punctuation and capitalization in your posts.

Furthermore, call me Mitth. Everyone else does. It's also easier to type. If you're at all curious, I'm 21. I only saying this here and now because I've mentioned my age before.

There were more things I wanted to say here, but I can't remember what they were.

Chaos, Panic, Disorder, Destruction.....

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

Commander-in-Chief of BEAK Forces

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
That...is completely awesome...the Thrawn Trilogy is my all time fav book series.

>.> <. when zahn is going to write another book>Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on your point-of-view), I think Zahn's time with Star Wars came to an end with Allegiance...