Attention US/World Populace: Prepare To Run For Your Lives

Darth_Rob

I am pro-life but Guiliani has stated while he is pro-choice in his personal beliefs those decisions are in the hands of the court and the legislators, that he would appoint conservative judges who would make decisions rationally and in accordance with existing law rather than radical judges who are trying to make political statements. I also differ from Rudy on gun control, Rudy is pro gun control...

After I said this I started wondering why we as a nation of liberial vs conservatives have polarized these two issues...

Pro-Life - Right to Life for Everyone, Even Embryos

Pro-Choice - Right to End Life for Ev... Err... Conscious Human Beings as long as they have not exited the Vagina fully...

Pro-Gun Ownership - Anyone can own any weapon of their choice and as many of them as they want... given of course limitations on convicted criminals.

Pro-Gun Control - Gov't tells you can't have certain gun models or own more than a certain number, or cannot own one at all depending on where you may live. I'm pretty sure one bullet from one gun, a .22 pistol, from point-blank range at your forhead would still have a pretty decent chance of killing you.

So why are we lined up Pro-Life & Pro-Gun Ownership vs. Pro-Choice & Pro-Gun Control? Pro-Choice and Pro-Gun Ownership both protect the rights of Americans to make their own choices regarding situations or devices which could possibly cause injury and/or death of another being. Pro-Life and Pro-Gun Control both seek to limit the rights of Americans regarding their own choices regarding situations or devices which could possibly cause injury and/or death of another being. So why are political agendas and values organized as Pro-Choice/Gun Control vs. Pro-Life/Pro-Ownership?

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

My old Rebellion site (very web 1.0) - Bud's Korner and Rebellion Strategy

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An even better question is why there is pro-gay marriage and anti-gay marriage. I mean, the right to an abortion is about the life of an unborn child, so I can understand the care in that. But who gives a crud if a gay man wants to get married?! That is one spot I can't stand about Conservatives. There are bigger problems in the nation and the world people!!!

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

... that and her authentically fake southern black accent.

:lol:

I can't wait to hear her speak at the next culturally ethnic political lie fest :lol:

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

I can't say I agree with you, budious, but to each his own.

In any event, though, I find this obsession with "flip-flopping" being total rubbish. I have footage of then-Governor Bush in a political debate with then-Vice President Gore where he says repeatedly that he does not believe in using the military for nation-building. He then goes on to say he would not invade another country for the sake of nation-building. Flip-flopping? By the useless definition most people seem obsessed with, yes. Personally, I call it "changing ones mind based on external circumstances," but that's just me. Certainly I've kept the same policy and opinion since I was five years old, who hasn't? It's very important for me to stay the course forever and ever and ever, even after it doesn't seem logical to stay of the same opinion. For instance, I was in favor of fighting Japan in World War II, even after they surrendered. We mustn't back down, never--fight until there's nothing left to fight.

And, yes, I'm being sarcastic. The "flip-flopping" reason I find absolutely nonsensical and without reason. Every politician in history has "flip-flopped" (also known as "changing opinion") because of the circumstances at hand. Again, I find this another rubbish ad hominem argument that has no place in politics.

• SWR Staff - Executive
I think there's a big difference in "changing opinions" when it is from one extreme to the next in short amount of time, further for the immediate political approval than any measure of principles. Politicians can and do change their stances based on political climate - where the line is drawn is between what he truly believes versus what will give him the most political advantage. No politician is immune to that.

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

I had a really good reply written up for the gay marriage debate... but I hit reply and it took to the swrebellion.com mainpage index... I tried backing and clicking it again and same thing. Closed firefox and it dumped the clipboard contents (linux - default behaviour?)... Ugh... anyways I don't feel like retyping at the moment. Anyone else having forum issues?

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

http://comment.independent.co.uk/columnists_a_l/johann_hari/article2248747.ece

Well written article, from the UK's most liberal Broadsheet I read every day. And it quite rightly damns Islam, and apparently our dependency upon it's resources :roll:

Robin Williams was obviously very funny about not purchicing oil in the middle East , but to be quite frank, we can't manage can we?

/some dialolgue blog

Emm.. :roll:

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

Well written article, from the UK's most liberal Broadsheet I read every day. And it quite rightly damns Islam, and apparently our dependency upon it's resources :roll:

Robin Williams was obviously very funny about not purchicing oil in the middle East , but to be quite frank, we can't manage can we?

/some dialolgue blog

Did I ever mention that I like your dancing monkey... :lol:

/some dialolgue blog

Did I ever mention that I like your dancing monkey... :lol:

No.. err.. you didn't :roll:

• SWR Staff - Executive

Back on some topic guys!

This is another editorial on how global warming 'alarmists' are using deliberately faked data to support their claims.

http://www.ornery.org/essays/warwatch/2007-03-04-1.html

And it works. Santer's report is accepted, even though it has since been proven false. Mann's report continues to be relied on, and no one questions it. The government agency issues the report which they know has been altered to fit preconceived conclusions.

Vast sums of money are expended on the basis of what he claims to have found. People's live are put at risk.

Mann and Santer didn't do it for the money, though grants do flow in their direction.

They did it for the cause. It's a noble cause. And even though the data don't actually say what they wanted them to say -- in fact, they say the opposite -- they are untroubled by that. Because the government actions that are being taken are the Right Thing.

Santer and Mann are true believers. They don't need evidence. Evidence is just something you create to persuade other people.

This is scary stuff. This is what I find even sadder about everyone who complains about the US being "against the environment"

Because the "solutions" proposed by the alarmists do not solve anything -- and they admit it! The drastic proscriptions of the Kyoto Protocols, even if anybody were actually following them, would not have had any effect on Global Warming, even if it had been caused by human CO2 emissions.

Do you understand that? When Al Gore goes on and on about what we must do to save the Earth, he knows -- and everybody involved with the Global Warming alarmist movement knows -- that none of their drastic proposals would have the slightest effect on Global Warming even if it worked they way their fantasies say it does.

Evaders99

The cake is a lie.

Have you heard the news about the polar caps on Mars are melting?! It's because of those damn mars rovers we sent up there... their carbon footprint is just too large! We need to commission a new space mission to retrofit the rovers to be more environmentally friendly! OMG!:@)

Back on some topic guys!

About the most serious topic of our times, the fact Saudi-financed religious hate is fostering 9/11'a, Madrids, 7/7's, and murderous suicide attacks in Iraq. But never mind.

This is another editorial on how global warming 'alarmists' are using deliberately faked data to support their claims.

The thing that concerns me about all of this is the obvious complete polarization of opinion concerning the subject. The term 'alarmists,' is simply unhelpful. I work in conservation, and many of my colleagues are scientists who are trying to repair the damage global warming is/and has done with our delicate ecosystems; but are by no means the anti-globalization scum who I detect you view us as Evaders fella.

I want nothing to do with these left-wing losers who do stuff like smash as part of their 'productive,' contribution to a very serious subject. Where I work is a target for the animal-right's nutters. I am on orders to open all mail with a letter opener for christs sake, from concern of razor blades. I was interviewed by two detectives on Friday due to concern over one slightly odd visitor we had to the library.

I won't go on, because it's undoubtedly pointless, as budious's contribution and apparent attitude demonstrates.

My attitude... just because I make a joke about a subject doesn't mean I'm not up to date on the subject.

Let's assume you are right... I do agree that we are on a course of self-made destruction. What can we really do with it? Do you think Al Gore's green credits or tinkering with a catalytic converter to reduce emissions by %20 is really going to help. Yes, we can lower the per capita emissions of each person on this planet, but the population growth is going to remain above replacement level by all estimates until at least 2050, at there is no guarantee it will slow then either. We have 6 billion people on the planet today, we will have somewhere in the neighborhood of 10 billion by 2050. Cut emissions all you want, but we will sucumb to sheer numbers. It is a futile effort... the amounts of CO2 already in the atmosphere could not be lowered for at least 300 years as that is the natural rate of reabsorbance.

For my second joke on global warming... this is Bush's exit strategy on Iraq. Puts on his best Bush imitation

Heh... Heh... tha Enemy... you know Ter'ists... they over there in that hot climate... we jus got'a kee'pa contain'd... theys start too feel tha heat real soon wit' dis globell warning stuff... points to Condi "Signal tha red alert..." heh... always wanted to say that, makes me sound like Capt. Kirk... oh yea... them ter'ists guys, they feel dis heat real soon. We jus gotta keep dim contain'd to Eraq... if we let Al Gore and Nancie Pelosee win tha war on globell warning than we will have lost the war on ter'ism... why kant anyone except me understann that?!

• SWR Staff - Executive
I'm just saying there's a big disconnect between what true scientists are saying (1) (2) and the message that the media by-in-large protrays

Evaders99

The cake is a lie.

I watched something on the History Channel a few weeks ago about The Little Ice Age that began in the 1600s. While I dont disagree that human activities are having a negative effect on the environment, I feel that we give ourselves too much credit. I think the planet is still recovering from The Little Ice Age.

One of my main concerns is that politicians use the environment as a campaign platform, rather than really caring about what they say.

My Website

To simplify my argument. I qualify global whining into three categories.

People who deny global warming.

People who acknowledge global warming and want to fix it.

People who acknowledge global warming and think it's too little too late to try and fix it.

I put myself in the latter crowd.

To simplify my argument. I qualify global whining into three categories.

People who deny global warming.

People who acknowledge global warming and want to fix it.

People who acknowledge global warming and think it's too little too late to try and fix it.

I put myself in the latter crowd.

Fascinating. I put myself in the most former crowd. It's not that I don't "deny" global warming, it's just I don't believe in any of the yahoo's that are yelling and screaming about it. The local TV News shows the record temps for the day (over the past +100 years) along with the high and low temps for the day. When every day becomes a record day, then I'll believe in global warming, or an ice age, depending ... well, maybe

How many of you believed in the Y2K fiasco? Oh, nevermind ... most of you were far too young to remember that far back :P

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

I'm sort of into the third group. I think we can fix things but they'll get worse before we do.

How many of you believed in the Y2K fiasco? Oh, nevermind ... most of you were far too young to remember that far back :P

Rewind to Y2K hype:

Me: "Dad! Y2K is coming! Will I still be able to play Command & Conquer? I haven't finished protecting the GDI space station!"

I remember Y2K. Good times. Actually, my friend is a computer technician, and he was on call Sunday morning to adjust the computers for the daylight savings time (I forgot if anyone else follows that, or if it's just us crazy Americans with our inches and feet and what not). He said it was similiar to Y2K, where DST came early, and the computers were not up to date on it. He was a busy beaver the past 2 weeks.

My Website

I believe that climate change is real, a major threat, and almost surely has a major human-induced component, but accept that the science of climate change remains incomplete. Some elements are based so firmly on well understood principles, or on such clear observational records, that most scientists would agree that they are almost surely true (adding CO2 to the atmosphere is dangerous; sea level will continue to rise etc). Other elements remain more uncertain, but we should be deeply concerned about their possibility.

Given I am not a scientist specializing on the subject, I would rather go with the majority of the science community than a small minority, in the belief that human activity is in all probability the cause of global warming.

New Scientist has some interesting articles on the subject. Though don't get distracted reading about the clouded leopard found on the south-east Asian islands of Borneo and Sumatra they've just discovered. Entirely new and unique species! :)

More importantly, who where believes in sasquatch? I think bigfoot is out there, somewhere... how will global warming effect his species. Will we have to shave him bald to prevent heat stroke? If we do, will he appear as a man underneath? These questions and more on the next Unsolved Mysteries

Some of us here are first generation Rebellion players... not third, fourth, fifth generation players that participate on these forums :DDemands that you bow to his expertise in these matters!

I been on the Internet since my first 14.4 modem in my old Packard Bell with Windows 3.11... sometime before the introduction of Windows 95... I used Windows 3.11 until I moved to Win98 on a new machine just so I could play Rebellion. I don't think back then I cared much what date (y2k bug) the clock said on the PC, I was up at all hours of the day, skipping school, smoking weed, and having a hell of a time playing Rebellion on Microsoft Gaming Zone back when there were 200+ Rebellion players online :P

More importantly, who where believes in sasquatch? I think bigfoot is out there, somewhere... how will global warming effect his species. Will we have to shave him bald to prevent heat stroke? If we do, will he appear as a man underneath? These questions and more on the next Unsolved Mysteries

Don't be dissing nature's most beautiful and misunderstood creation. Sasquatch lives either in cool caves or underwater in swamps, thus he would be able to hide out the hot summer days there. It would be kinda like reverse hibernation, where he sleeps all day and night in the summer to avoid, and comes out in the winter to frollic along the forest once more.

My Website

Some of us here are first generation Rebellion players... not third, fourth, fifth generation players that participate on these forums :DDemands that you bow to his expertise in these matters!

I been on the Internet since my first 14.4 modem in my old Packard Bell with Windows 3.11... sometime before the introduction of Windows 95... I used Windows 3.11 until I moved to Win98 on a new machine just so I could play Rebellion. I don't think back then I cared much what date (y2k bug) the clock said on the PC, I was up at all hours of the day, skipping school, smoking weed, and having a hell of a time playing Rebellion on Microsoft Gaming Zone back when there were 200+ Rebellion players online :P

:lol: your first modem was a 14.4 with Windows 3.11 :lol: You don't realize how nice you had it at the time :P

Before PC's there were mainframe's and 100 baud acoutical modems (that's a 0.1 modem where you had to manually dial your phone, then plug the receiver end of your phone into a modem that looked like the bottom end of a phone), and all of that just to get on Telnet :? Graphics didn't exist except for those creative fella's who could make "pictures" using the letters of the alphabetic and the special characters.

According to your defintion, I'm a first generation player as well; therefore your demands for "bows to expertise" have fallen on deaf ears (one of the benefits of getting old, selective hearing :wink: )

But back to other points not entirely related to the subject: If there is global warming, why are Rob and Paul (up in the North Ease US) getting so much snow? Why did the Global Warming expedition to the North Pole cancel their trek when one of the scientists got frostbite? Seems like an oxymoron to me (And no Tofu, I wasn't mentioning anything about you this time).

Is anybody worried that the Atlantic Ocean is getting wider by approximately 1 inch a year, the Sahara desert is getting wider, the Pacific Ocean is getting smaller, and that Hawaii will one day be off the coast of Pacific Russia? This is one crazy planet :D