Dark Side

Guest Scathane

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SWR Staff - Executive

The Dark Side is basically the mirror of the Light Side. Those who focus on these powers embraced the Dark Side of the Force.

The Sith were originally a species that Dark Siders conquered and integrated in their culture. Dark Lords of the Sith kept themselves in control, expanding to a Sith Empire that measured in-size to the Old Republic back then. As the Sith were fought and destroyed, they went underground and maintained the rule of two: one master, one apprentice. To be a Sith, you focused your powers from the history and culture of the Sith Empire... gaining the strength and fury of all the former Dark Lords.

Therefore, you can go to the Dark Side without being a Sith - aka Dark Jedi. You cannot be a Sith without embracing the Dark Side - aka Darth Maul. And yes, Darth is just a Sith title.

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

Guest Scathane
I sort of mean the same as what Jahled is talking about. I have heared about a lot of Dark Jedi, but only of a few Sith or Sith Lords. So, a Dark Jedi is the lesser to a Sith/Sith Lord?

Hmmm, kinda hard to explain this is. I'd agree with what has been said before. Sith is kinda like a cult within the overall religion of the Dark Side. They have slightly modified beliefs and so on and so forth. Basically the Sith have a much stronger history, which includes techniques forgotten by others in millenia past. So in some senses yes the Sith do have more powers, but mainly because they have access to the information.

Such powers are now associated with the Sith. Therefore if a Dark Jedi were to discover these powers, most people would say that he had become a Sith.

Ultimately it doesn't matter how many tricks you know, it depends on your inate strength in the force. Someone could know all the Sith powers but still be less powerful than a Dark Jedi because they don't have the raw power. Think of Corran Horn and telekenises, and also Lukes mind probes and being thrown different distances actross the room.

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Guest Scathane
Think of Corran Horn and telekenises, and also Lukes mind probes and being thrown different distances actross the room.

Could you be more specific about this last part, ElvisMiggel?

In various novels Luke finds a way of probing people's minds to find out if they are force sensitive. There is an area within force sensitive's minds that reacts to a probe. The strength of reaction depends on the force strength of the individual. Luke does the probe by placing a hand on either side of the beings head. A weak force user would make him step back unconsciously. An average user might make him stagger. A strong user would make him fall. Kyp Durron threw him right across a room into a wall. All of it done subconsciously.

Does that make any more sense?

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Guest Scathane
Ultimately it doesn't matter how many tricks you know, it depends on your inate strength in the force. Someone could know all the Sith powers but still be less powerful than a Dark Jedi because they don't have the raw power.

It's just that I'm considering joining the Dark Side, so I'm asking around for some information...

from what i have read in the various stories. it seems the dark side is indeed a mirror of the good side but with one important difference. Correct me if i am wrong here. if you subscribe to the dark side then does it not consume you physically? I mean, you begin to look twisted and deformed as you use more and more of the dark powers.

Guest Scathane

Well, looking at the Emperor and Darth Vader you would be inclined to say yes. Here's a quote from the EU Databank: To counter the dark side's consumption, Palpatine turned to a bizarre combination of technology and Sith magic.

However, Darth Vader became critically injured in a saberfight with Obi-Wan Kenobi.

SS - looking at your picture are you trying to tell us something?!?

It's true that the dark side takes its toll, but the light side takes a tremendous mental toll in terms of always having to question your ethics. If you look at Luke in some of the later novels he becomes very withdrawn because he feels he's been using the force too proactively... or something similar. :)

Guest Scathane
It's true that the dark side takes its toll, but the light side takes a tremendous mental toll in terms of always having to question your ethics. If you look at Luke in some of the later novels he becomes very withdrawn because he feels he's been using the force too proactively... or something similar. :)

I agree, Elvis. If you look at how many Jedi have brushed the Dark Side and how many times the Jedi Council and Yoda are negative towards another Jedi's ethics, practices or ideas, you will most definitely loose count.

Of course, Light Side ethics could be so straining because of the risk of turning to the Dark Side.

Indeed, so ultimately both sides have their own unique costs.

Guest Scathane
it seems the dark side is indeed a mirror of the good side.....

I have often wondered about that..... On first sight it seems to be true: the Light Side brings order, the Dark Side creates chaos, the Light Side loves, the Dark Side hates, and so on..... But why, then, do Dark Jedi and Sith laugh when something goes the their way..... Take the Emperor in EPVI: constantly mocking and laughing at young Skywalker.... If he was consistent in mirroring the Light Side, I think he should cry! :lol::lol::lol:

Edited by Scathane

Guest Scathane
The Dark side is about selfishness. And the desire to exert control. The lightside is about selflessness. Are they mirrored conceptions?

i doubt that.

From whence you owe this strange intelligence?

Hmm, perhaps from the whole chaos thing. If Dark Siders love chaos, then they wouldn't even want to be mirror images of Light Siders. That would be too conformist, too much of a pattern. Perhaps. :)

Guest Scathane
One wonders what would happen to the Star Wars universe if the Light Side Jedi would vanguish all Dark Siders.....

It would make the universe a pretty boring place!!!

Guest Scathane
It would make the universe a pretty boring place!!!

I agree. Now, think about it: would it be just as boring the other way around, i.e. the Dark Side squashing the Light Side?

No, because the Dark Side feeds off suffering and conflict, so in theory even if there were no Light Jedi, the Dark Jedi would encourage some sort of resistance to satiate their appetite for carnage and killing.

Whereas with the Light Jedi you'd just get a galaxy full of peace.

Guest Scathane
No, because the Dark Side feeds off suffering and conflict, so in theory even if there were no Light Jedi, the Dark Jedi would encourage some sort of resistance to satiate their appetite for carnage and killing.

Whereas with the Light Jedi you'd just get a galaxy full of peace.

Right again! Disturbing isn't it: when you come to think of it, we always need bad guys to make the good guys interesting...

They complement each other. WIhtout darkness there can be no parameters to define light. It works just the other way.

There is no black nor white, nor graytones. That is the lazy answer to deny black and white.

Both black and white are reflection from that we cannot see. It is our sad little answer to things we don't understand.

ARe there colors beyond black and white?

Is reality what perceive, or or only interpretetaion of a reality we cannot comprehend?

Light and dark and colors and grays are part of our interpretation. WE need to to calibrate our reality.

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif