Rebellion online

Guest Scathane

Would you be interested in playing rebellion online?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in playing rebellion online?

• Yup, definitely, let's come together and try to plan this!
    • No, I am super important in real life and have a very busy social schedule, so I don't have time to crush any of you online.

SOCL,

I`ve only played online a couple of times, but a modem connection is fine. You can save games, and you probably want to stay on fast speed for the duration. Still, it`s hard to finish a game in one evening.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Scathane
All this computer language stuff has truly confused me. Does all of this mean that I, with my stupid 56.6K dial-up connection cannot play online?
Sure you can. You're modem is probably connected serially.

Also, Scath, my URL reads: http://www.swrebellion.NET. So how is it .com? :?
It does now, they changed it back. A few weeks ago it was swrebellion.com

I`ve only played online a couple of times, but a modem connection is fine.
That doesn't really explain anything, does it? I've got a modem connection as well but it's connected through usb, which isn't fine. :(

All this computer language stuff has truly confused me. Does all of this mean that I, with my stupid 56.6K dial-up connection cannot play online?
Sure you can. You're modem is probably connected serially.

Also, Scath, my URL reads: http://www.swrebellion.NET. So how is it .com? :?
It does now, they changed it back. A few weeks ago it was swrebellion.com

I`ve only played online a couple of times, but a modem connection is fine.
That doesn't really explain anything, does it? I've got a modem connection as well but it's connected through usb, which isn't fine. :(
<

What I mean Scathane, is that a 56.6KB link is fine to play the game, there should be little if any lag. If your modem doesn`t work, get a new modem...

Guest Scathane
What I mean Scathane, is that a 56.6KB link is fine to play the game, there should be little if any lag. If your modem doesn`t work, get a new modem...
My modem's fine. The thing is that I've got an ADSL-connection that requires this modem. This modem connects through usb. Rebellion, being an older game, isn't compartible with usb-apparatus. :(

Oh, and glandry? I can do without smug remarks like If your modem doesn`t work, get a new modem...

will have to wait about a month before I can play online.. exams are getting closer 8O8O8O8O (we REALLY need some real HORROR smileys and some more SW Smileys since this IS a Star Wars Rebellion forum

Jedi Corran Duchai at your service.

There is no emotion; there is peace.

There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.

There is no passion; there is serenity.

There is no death; there is the Force.

My modem's fine. The thing is that I've got an ADSL-connection that requires this modem. This modem connects through usb. Rebellion, being an older game, isn't compartible with usb-apparatus. :(

Oh, and glandry? I can do without smug remarks like If your modem doesn`t work, get a new modem...

If you have an internet connection and IP address, can you not play an IP game rather than a modem game? Assuming you can even hook up with someone...

If you have an internet connection and IP address, can you not play an IP game rather than a modem game? Assuming you can even hook up with someone...

I think this actually could work, ofcourse you need the IP you use on the internet, but that you can get by visiting http://www.myip.com and then the other player should get that (assuming you are creating the game) else its to other way around

Jedi Corran Duchai at your service.

There is no emotion; there is peace.

There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.

There is no passion; there is serenity.

There is no death; there is the Force.

Hey all,

I would love to play online.I have played 10-12 games online.Always a blast.I would really like to try a game w/ some mods like,ObiWan,Boba Fett,etc.

The only thing is guys,I play on slow most of the time[i enjoy seeing the game unfold].I can keep up just barely at medium but I miss many strategic decisions.I am a good player, just slow :roll: .If you have to play on medium or faster I cant do it.I think many players want to rush to the end of the game and miss most of it just trying to keep up.I realize it takes a long time to finish a game this way-but it will be the very best game you can play.You dont feel rushed to make decisions.You can truly put together a sound strategy.

I am moving so I wont be available to play for abouy 3 weeks.If anyones up for it I am game.

"I dont believe it"

That, is why you fail"

The main problem for SW Rebellion MP is TIME.

I couldnt have more time then 1-2 hours a day, expection weekend

so it would take a very long time to play just one game with I-net :(

"I am growing stronger with the Force"

IPX = Internetwork Packet eXchange

-> Novell´s protocol used by Netware.A router with IPX routing can interconnect LANs so that the Novell Network clients and servers can communicate.

CSMA/CD = Carrier Sense Multiple Access / Collision Detection :D

2 Semester Datenkommunikation :D

kann dir bei Bedarf auch genau erläutern was es bedeutet 8)

"I am growing stronger with the Force"