Movies

Darth_Rob

Anybody seen Brick before? Not a bad flick, that...

Also: What are the all-time top lines and actions from The Blues Brothers (This)?

My friend and I are dressing up as the brothers (I'm Elwood) for Spirit Week at our school. Right now we've determined that we're going to have to do the famous walk, give the greatest line ever when I give everyone a ride home at the end of the day (If you don't know what that line is, go watch the movie. If you don't like it, commit suicide.), and we're going to enter the cafeteria asking for some plain white bread, four fried chickens, and a coke. :D

I vaguely want to go around the cafeteria asking people how much to buy their women, but I think that half of the people would get offended, and the other half would give us prices...

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is an awesome idea Tofu. The Blues Brothers were one of the original ideas for Halloween with the misses and me this year, but it lost to Mario and Princess Peach.

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

I saw Little Big Man the other day. It's around thirty years old, but it's still a great movie! I strongly recommend it to any and all, though it would likely have a more profound effect on American viewers than European or Australian viewers, since it's about the American expansion Westward and the war with the "savage" Indian people. Custer is not painted in a good light (As he never should have been).

12/14/07

I saw Little Big Man the other day. It's around thirty years old, but it's still a great movie!

See Tofu, there are great movies with real actors that don't have to use CGI. Keep watching those "golden oldies"! :P

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

The last movie that was prominently CGI that I saw was 300 which, while kickass, was a remake of The Three Hundred Spartans, and not the least bit historically accurate.

Most of my favorites are oldies- Blues Brothers, Wayne's World, Cube... All splendid flicks...

12/14/07

The last movie that was prominently CGI that I saw was 300 which, while kickass, was a remake of The Three Hundred Spartans, and not the least bit historically accurate.

Actually Tofu.. more accurately... 300 is based on Frank Miller's graphic novel 300 which was inspired by The 300 Spartans, a movie he watched as a young boy.. The movie 300 is almost (just like Sin City) scene for scene straight from the graphic novel.

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j34/akira9949/4297_image.jpg

Actually Tofu.. more accurately... 300 is based on Frank Miller's graphic novel 300 which was inspired by The 300 Spartans, a movie he watched as a young boy.. The movie 300 is almost (just like Sin City) scene for scene straight from the graphic novel.

That's right, Tofu. Get your facts straight! :twisted:

:wink:

Most of my favorites are oldies- Blues Brothers, Wayne's World, Cube... All splendid flicks...

Uh Tofu, I hate to burst your bubble, but while those are good movies they are not "oldies" (and I would know. From your point of view they might be - because you're so young!) :lol:

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

I tend to prefer the good old movies to the new ones. Same with the Star Wars Movies btw. :D Just watched "Judgement of Nuremberg" a couple of days ago again, with Spencer Tracy, Burt Lancaster, Maximillian Shell and, dang!, William Shatner. Whom I hadn´t recognised before in that movie. While watching it, I remembered that old documentation about the Holocaust, which I´ve seen in school at about age 12, called "Night and Fog". A very hard and shocking movie. It´s on Google-Video, but just in french language. Otherwise the pictures tell enough. 8O
Who cares at all?! :roll:

How old does a movie have to be to qualify as an "Oldy," Tex? Not to burst your bubble, but several of the flicks that incorporate sound are on the list of oldies as well. :wink: The movies on my list are almost thirty years old. At what point do they transend being "movies" and become "Oldies?"

Edit: My mistake- though Wayne's World was far older.... 'pparently not...

Edited by DarthTofu

12/14/07

Tofu, even I, who is young in the eyes of Tex, disagree with you here. Out of the three movies you listed only one is close to be 30 years old. However, this doesn't make it one of the "oldies".. Oldies by my definition is anything right around the transition from black and white to color or older.. so about mid 60's and older.. I think calling anything newer than that an oldie would be a misnomer...

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j34/akira9949/4297_image.jpg

Speaking of Zombies. I'm watching Shawn of the Dead as I'm typing. Brilliant movie!

Anyone ever heard of a flick called Flight of the Living Dead? I saw a preview for it and deemed it just about the best movie for MST3K to attack if it ever returns.

12/14/07