• Yes
    • Sometimes
    • No
    • Hell no!

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My highschool didn't even offer Latin. All it had was Spanish, with a splash of French for the honor students. Though then again, Latin is quite different from Spanish and French...

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

They're more related than you think- both are Romance languages, thus, they are derrived from Latin. Give me a word and its meaning in Spanish and odds are I can find its equivelant in :atin, and the two will be similar.

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Eh, I'm just far too kind not to give you folks a comic! And it even features my brand new look!

And it is totally not a rip off!

I hope you all enjoy these new characters, Lethan and Ucas! Tune in next week for a special message from Sony! :twisted:

12/14/07

That was actually pretty funny. Perhaps it could be made into an animated GIF wherein it goes from slide to slide...that way I can be lazy and just click on one link. :roll: Very good, Tofu. I think I get it, though I'm insulted you did not include a rendition of your favourite moderator. :roll:

What are you talking about? I hate moderators! Those bastards keep locking topics every time we get onto a really cool topic that has absolutely nothing to do with the original topic! :lol:

I'll stick you in one eventually, SOCL, but it'll be based off of your facebook pictures :twisted:

12/14/07

What are you talking about? I hate moderators! Those bastards keep locking topics every time we get onto a really cool topic that has absolutely nothing to do with the original topic! :lol:

I'll stick you in one eventually, SOCL, but it'll be based off of your facebook pictures :twisted:

Actually, because of my new hair, I at first thought I was the kid with the "emo" shirt. :lol: But then realized you hadn't seen a good photo of the fauxhawk.

Eh, I'm just far too kind not to give you folks a comic! And it even features my brand new look!

And it is totally not a rip off!

I hope you all enjoy these new characters, Lethan and Ucas! Tune in next week for a special message from Sony! :twisted:

Yes it is a rip off!

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Palpycard.gif

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Spamkinguserbarcopy.jpg

CLICK HERE IT IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!

Click here is you like Trance

• 4 weeks later...
Nor was i.... Oh and SOCL been meaning to say.. i like the pic you got goin in your signature.... and boy.. that tall guy really sticks out.. hehe.. that isnt you is it?..

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j34/akira9949/4297_image.jpg

Nor was i.... Oh and SOCL been meaning to say.. i like the pic you got goin in your signature.... and boy.. that tall guy really sticks out.. hehe.. that isnt you is it?..
Thank you. Heh. Yes, Josh does stick out, but then again, his primary role is chief of the barbarin horde. Since no barbarians were needed at that moment, he decided to be a Roman. Notice--and this is something insignificent--the shoes he's wearing: they're black compared to the standard brown, and, you can't tell, but they're close toed. They are, in fact, barbarian shoes, not Roman caligae, something he got a good beating over later when we were in formation by the Primus Pilus, the fellow with the red, feathered crest, red cloak, and golden cuirass.

So quick question- do the Roman soldier immitators wear undergarments/pants, or are they fully authentic?

As far as the comic goes, there are a few factors interfering with it:

1) A lack of spare time

2) That serious lack of spare time

3) KoTOR, which eliminates any and all spare time

4) KoTOR, again. It get's three as it's that addicting.

5) KoTOR. And here you thought I might have misscounted!

6) The fact that it's my semester project for Latin class, with jokes relating to the language and mythology predmoinant in there...

If you want to see one of them, here's a newerish one that I did:

Panel One

Panel Two

Panel Three

Panel Four

:roll: Mad's character mold is the most versatile. The chick is a friend of mine who had that conversation with me, except that the hotel was the Hotel Invalid, and it was in fact, a tourist destination. Still, rather funny when I missremembered it.

Edit: Also, I have now entered This which will have me pitted against a bunch of UK comic makers... Make an account and root on the Dorks United Characters!

12/14/07

I had to look that one up online. Damn my lack of Latinness

Heh- "indignus" is the Lating word for 'unworthy.' Thus, the hotel indignus which is just for foreigners would be the hotel unworthy/ hotel of the unworthy... No, wait, that would be hotel indigni, though they wouldn't want to insult their own folks, so it might be dative of posession, making it hotel indigno... Even though it doesn't exist... I'm a Latin nerd, what can I say?

They thing I entered is a scribble battle, Mad! Achording Eddache (Who writes the fabulous comic of Edd Egg which I stole the jet pack comic from) quality is not what is important, but the fact that lots of cartoon characters are engaging in violence. Yay for violence! :D

... Now to see what happens to my beautiful character molds once other people get ahold of them....

12/14/07

Wait. So the point of the contest is to steal everyone elses characters and then kill them???

... And then bring them back to life eventually. Some people added their own characters from their webcomics, others added themselves. I added both in one person. If I start getting my arse kicked I may bring in Tex with his gun.

12/14/07

Has anyone else noticed that this webcomic has nothing to do with Our Feline Nemesis? :?

That's why I swapped the name over to Dorks United. Pay attention, SOCL, gosh! :wink:

Oh, and I changed the link... They wanted it to be a direct image, you folks want it to be a link. There's some sort of irony or something like it there. :roll:

12/14/07