• Yes
    • Sometimes
    • No
    • Hell no!

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol, I'll mention that I can get Swiss support in 3D whenever I need it- not many people can claim as much :P

I don't know if I got the job yet, but the teacher deffinately liked the jet pack as well as an idea for a webcomic which I had harboured for a while that, as luck would have it, would coincide with an article that's being written- I'll post the comic once I make it. Should be by Monday (Gah! I'll have an update schedule, now!)

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Good luck Tofu :D !!!

Wow, that was spammy

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1333/3dartistbanneranimationws1.gif

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/4026/rebellionbannerdi2.gif

Good news for all! I have a friend who, apparently, has his own website (devchan.no-ip.org) and is looking for a webcomic artist. The site apparently has nothing as of the moment, but is hoping to expand.

I told him that I only have nine comics out, that my productivity rate is low, and that some of them feature inside jokes. He apparently does not care and says that I'll get half of an ad reveneu on the site. While it isn't likely that I'll generate too much ad reveneu, I'll probably start posting it on that site rather than this one sometime soon if the friend likes my work... So be sure to generate traffic, there! :P

Also: Apparently he hated the idea of an MS Paint webcomic, and so apparently has a copy of a comic-creating software that he's willing to give me so as to escape the evil pixels. :D

Not to worry, though- you'll all get one last comic at least before I switch host sites.

12/14/07

... He apparently does not care and says that I'll get half of an ad reveneu on the site. While it isn't likely that I'll generate too much ad reveneu, I'll probably start posting it on that site rather than this one sometime soon if the friend likes my work... So be sure to generate traffic, there! :P

Well, if you're going to get revenue Tofu, you have to give me my cut if using "DarthTex" or his likeness as they are my registered trademarks :twisted: That's the law. You can't make money off of someone (or their likeness) without negotiating a contract with said person for their permission. :wink:

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

Yeah, 'cept that A) Your name isn't a registered trademark, B) I won't be posting that comic, odds are, and C) The cartoon isn't even in your likeness as I've never seen your 'likeness'

What now? :twisted::twisted:

12/14/07

Tofu.. its possible he has his name as a registered trademark.. who knows.... but even so.. there are ways around that... just add a disclaimer to the beginning or end of every comic... "The people depicted in the following (or preceding) comic are purely fictional. Any resemblence to anyone living, dead or unborn is purely coincidence." or something along those lines... lol :wink:

like this one :P

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j34/akira9949/4297_image.jpg

If you know a way to download flash videos, yes. :lol:

Ugh, the Comedy Central site can't be 56k friendly. It slows down my machine when I view it and I have highspeed.

So Tofu be sure to give us a link when you have a site up.

@Mad: I get a 50/50 cut according to my friend... This is, of course, as soon as I actually get the software he was gonna give me. I might still update Zoot Wars, just not as often... Not that I really have been updating it that often, granted, but it'll be far less often...

The new comic will likely be extremely vulgar and offensive to some, primarily because I have a plethora of ideas for a comic that is both vulgar and offensive to the majority of viewers... The people running the site will likely enjoy it, though. They're minorities like that.

So, yeah, just a warning- the actual paid comic will be little to nothing like what I've previously posted...

12/14/07

I might still update Zoot Wars, just not as often... Not that I really have been updating it that often, granted, but it'll be far less often...

:roll: I'll update at least twice more. I have one I'm doing for school right now, and I deffinately have one for when that new host site is up and running... And I have one that'll be appropriate for both sites that I really would like to do to vent my hatred of painful country music on...

12/14/07

Le gasp! A double post! At any rate, this second post has three announcements. The first and coolest anouncement: I fixed the comic that I refer to as the "Plagerized Series" so that you can now see the guest character!

Second, and slightly less important: I have a new comic created! This one is for the school paper, so some of it won't make sense. Our principal just has a bad habit of telling us "Mustangs" (Our school mascot is the Mustang) to "Gallop into the future!" This one isn't designed to be taken seriously- it's a satirical comparison, and in no way reflects my beliefs about the school system. That said, here is the comic:

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a169/DarthTofu/school%20appropriate%20comics/ghettophoto-shop.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a169/DarthTofu/school%20appropriate%20comics/YouisdaNO1.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a169/DarthTofu/school%20appropriate%20comics/School2.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a169/DarthTofu/school%20appropriate%20comics/YouisdaNO1one.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a169/DarthTofu/school%20appropriate%20comics/lastpanel.jpg

No, that is not meant to be Mad in the third panel. It's just meant to be a random student. My teacher does not know that it's Mad's character mold, and I am a lazy bastard, thus I just recycled his mold.

And here is the third announcement: I finally got around to making this into a J-peg!

The Matrix: Revelations!

12/14/07

Now there, you see, Tofu, you don't have to be vulgar to be funny. :wink: I know what you're all thinking. I'm one to talk. Yeah well. Keep in mind who I am.

Chaos, Panic, Disorder, Destruction.....

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

Commander-in-Chief of BEAK Forces

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

Erm, the first one does, and possibly the jet pack one. I think that I'll wind up having to make comics which fit in with specific articles... My teacher wasn't at school today, so I don't know what she thinks of the comic... Though apparently my principle (Fellow in the first comic) is Jewish... That could be bad...

12/14/07

I'm working on some new character model stuff at the moment (As opposed to my Algebra II Homework :roll: ) but I showed this comic to a friend and A) Found out the name of the fat person I based the character model off of in panel two of the "STFU" series and B) Had this conversation on AIM when she saw the rest:

My Friend: lol

My Friend: woah

My Friend: you have a loyal following

Me: Yup. In Wisconsin, Switzerland, Canada, New York, Denmark... All over the place!

My Friend: wow

My Friend: dorks united

My Friend: haha

Me: FOR GREAT JUSTICE!

Consequentially, I might have a new name for the comic. What do you folks think of "Dorks United"? I'll have to add a few more characters in before it's really "United" but, hey, I'm willing to go the extra mile!

Okay, yeah, I probably won't, but I'll still put in cameos for some members! next comic will feature Rob!

12/14/07