Veto the Vong?

General--Veers

• SWR Staff - Executive
Yea they are side stories, not too important to the whole NJO

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I enjoyed the NJO. I still don't understand why so many people don't care tor it. Granted, I'm not happy w/ the fact that Salvatore had to go and kill Chewie, but it happened. I've come to accept it.

@Tex/Tofu: Ylesia and Recovery are the e-books. Also, at least teasers from both have been printed at the end of two seperate NJO books. I can't remember which ones and I don't have my collection at school w/ me.

...I had more to say, but can't seem to remember what it was anymore. If I think of it I'll let you guys know.

Chaos, Panic, Disorder, Destruction.....

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

Commander-in-Chief of BEAK Forces

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

Can't blame Salvatore for Chewie's death...well, I guess you can, but it's not really fair. He didn't come up with the idea and when they told him to do it, he nearly pulled out of the project all together saying that it would probably result in death-threats. What's sad and pitiful is that the Star Wars fan-base didn't disappoint this fear, namely, people actually did send Salvatore death threats for having Chewie die in Vector Prime, which drove him completely away from Star Wars, hence why he has no other novels. It's sad that these fanatics decided to behave so stupidly and child-like, but now Salvatore is basically an alienated person who, though makes sales for his novels, makes far fewer (FAR fewer) than he did before Vector Prime. Again, it's sad that his only real experience with Star Wars was completely negative, and I'm ashamed to think of that point in the history of the Star Wars fan-base.

In any event, what I was saying, though, is that Chewie's death was not Salvatore's idea; indeed, he nearly left the project outright when they told him to do it. The fellow how came up with the idea for Chewie's death (incidentally long before Salvatore signed on) is the Vice President for Dark Horse, Randy Stradley. If the fans should be angry at anyone, it should probably be him, though I say:

Get over it.

EDIT: That last bit wasn't directed at you in particular, Mitth, but rather the fan-base that just won't let it go and continues to bad-mouth (and even threaten) Salvatore.

I personally liked the fact that old characters were now fair game. Chewie was a fairly 2D characters, and he was the obvious choice to kill. I though that the other authors handled his death very well, with regards to Han and the other Solos' reactions.

I just didn't like Vector Prime due primarily to style preferance. Didn't Salvatore write the novelization of Ep. III?

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

I personally liked the fact that old characters were now fair game. Chewie was a fairly 2D characters, and he was the obvious choice to kill. I though that the other authors handled his death very well, with regards to Han and the other Solos' reactions.

I just didn't like Vector Prime due primarily to style preferance. Didn't Salvatore write the novelization of Ep. III?

For once, Tofu, we agree. I really did not like Prime because of Salvatore's style, but was VERY happy to see that the main characters were fair game. Too bad Ackbar was the only other movie character to die in the NJO. :roll: I was hoping Luke or Han or someone, but then... :roll:

In any event, Slavatore was originally slated to write the ROTS novelization, but the contract went to Matthew Stover, probably due to 1) Salvatore's refusal to ever work for/with Star Wars again and 2) fan backlash from Prime.

Wait- Ackbar died?!? I didn't know that! GAH! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

.... You bastard... :cry:

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

:twisted:

Dude, you've been Ultra-BEAKed. :twisted:

Truly, sorry. I haven't actually read it, though...

@Tex/Tofu: Ylesia and Recovery are the e-books. Also, at least teasers from both have been printed at the end of two seperate NJO books. I can't remember which ones and I don't have my collection at school w/ me.

Recovery now comes as the prologue to Star by Star. Ylesia is still only E-book.

Disregarding all new evidence everywhere.

Ylesia is about Thraken Sal-Solo taking control of the Peace Brigade, yes? If it is, it's at the back of a different NJO book. I know, because I don't get e-books. If Ylesia is what I'm thinking of, I can give you details about it. Somehow I don't think you want me doing that though.

Chaos, Panic, Disorder, Destruction.....

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

Commander-in-Chief of BEAK Forces

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

quick change it before tofu sees it! :lol:

Edited by tacoJoemeru

"The Chimaera is at your command, Admiral."

—Captain Gilad Pellaeon

Yep old age is a bitch..... What do you mean i shouldn't have said that? :roll:

And here I was thinking I had said Ackbar died. :lol:

Too bad Ackbar was the only other movie character to die in the NJO.

:?:?:?

• SWR Staff - Executive

I believe Ylesia was added to a non-NJO book to make up for not being published with one of the NJO paperbacks. I can't think of which one right now, don't have my collection with me.

Thanxs for the details SOCL, I never heard that Dark Horse was involved. Have a source? I know it was approved by George Lucas, so Chewie was fair game. And not to add another spoiler, but...

Anakin's death pull a few plot threads through the rest of the books after Star by Star. So I think it was worth it

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

Thanxs for the details SOCL, I never heard that Dark Horse was involved. Have a source?
Sure. Read the fifth paragraph in the "Behind the scenes" bit. I can't be 100% sure where the info for that came from, but it wouldn't really make sense to lay the blame on some obscure Dark Horse comics VP.

Ylesia is about Thraken Sal-Solo taking control of the Peace Brigade, yes? If it is, it's at the back of a different NJO book. I know, because I don't get e-books. If Ylesia is what I'm thinking of, I can give you details about it. Somehow I don't think you want me doing that though.

I think you're right there Mitth. I have a (legal) downloaded copy of Ylesia (PDF format), but haven't read it, just scanned a few pages here and there. But I did read Thraken Sal-Solo is in control of the Peace Brigade.

Yep old age is a bitch..... What do you mean i shouldn't have said that? :roll:

Better knock on some wood, TacoJoe. Pissin' off ol' Father Time isn't in your best interests (and I should know ... tick-tock ... tick-tock ... tick ... tock ... ... beeeeeeeeeeeep ...

j/k I'm still alive!)

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?