Only in america.......

bobandrubert

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A man called, furious about a Florida package we did. I asked what was wrong with the vacation in Orlando. He said he was expecting an ocean-view room. I tried to explain that is not possible, since Orlando is in the middle of the state. He replied, "Don't lie to me. I looked on the map and Florida is a very thin state."

*WHAM!* *WHAM!* *WHAM!* Ah, how I hate tourists... "What do you mean we have to drive to the beach? The water's cold, somebody heat it up! I don't care if its September, Florida is supposed to be warm year round!"

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

For all you may want to call us wimps when it comes to the cold, it does get pretty low in Florida- as in its snowed not very far North of here before... 'Course that was one of the coldest winters in FLorida's history, but still... :roll::wink:

12/14/07

Guest Scathane
Yeah! And are you wearing three skiing suits, 5 pairs of socks, four gloves on each hand and 12 different sets of warming headgear while lying under an electric blanket, for instance... :roll:

20° in the shade is cold here... in the summer time when it normally gets up to +30. :D (In 2003 it got up to 40° here. 8O )

14° is nice once youve acclimatized to -10° winter conditions.

I'm talking 30 degrees in the sun shine is cold for us... Some people here are weenies (IE It's 75 degrees out! Break out the thermals!), but I will at least tell you that the most I have ever worn against the cold is jeans, one pair of regular socks, a long sleeve shirt, and a sweatshirt. No more.

12/14/07

I will at least tell you that the most I have ever worn against the cold is jeans, one pair of regular socks, a long sleeve shirt, and a sweatshirt. No more.

How dare you say that when over here in Eurioe i am freezing me balls off due to the lack of heat and cold winds. :evil:

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Palpycard.gif

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Spamkinguserbarcopy.jpg

CLICK HERE IT IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!

Click here is you like Trance

In the words of a certain star of "The Simpsons": "Haw Haw!" :lol::wink: Light a nice big fire, then... And avoid lighting yourself on fire in the process.

12/14/07

I was just thinking that 25 deg. F in the shade and out of the wind was only a little cool. Cold for me is about 5 below, that's -20 or so for those who use Celcius.

Chaos, Panic, Disorder, Destruction.....

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

Commander-in-Chief of BEAK Forces

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"