Only in america.......

bobandrubert

Only in America.....do drugstores make the sick walk all the way to the back of the store to get their prescriptions while healthy people can buy cigarettes at the front.

Only in America......do people order double cheeseburgers, large fries, and a diet coke. !

Only in America......do banks leave both doors open and then chain the pens to the counters.

Only in America......do we leave cars worth thousands of dollars in the driveway and put our useless junk in the garage.

Only in America......do we buy hot dogs in packages of ten and buns in packages of eight.

Only in America......do we use the word 'politics' to describe the process so well: 'Poli' in Latin meaning 'many' and 'tics' meaning 'bloodsucking creatures'.

Only in America......do they have drive up ATM machines with Braille lettering.

EVER WONDER ....

Why the sun lightens our hair, but darkens our skin?

Why women can't put on mascara with their mouth closed? !

Why don't you ever see the headline "Psychic Wins Lottery"?

Why is "abbreviated" such a long word?

Why is it that doctors call what they do "practice"?

Why is lemon juice made with artificial flavor, and dishwashing liquid made with real lemons?

Why is the man who invests all your money called a broker?

Why is the time of day with the slowest traffic called rush hour?

Why didn't Noah swat those two mosquitoes?

Why do they sterilize the needle for lethal injections?

You know that indestructible black box that is used on airplanes? Why don't they make the whole plane out of that stuff?!

Why don't sheep shrink when it rains?

Why are they called apartments when they are all stuck together?

If con is the opposite of pro, is Congress the opposite of progress?

If flying is so safe, why do they call the airport the terminal?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's en email, been circulating around the web for years.

makes a few valid points, however, especially about politics.

I once knew a great man. Nothing got to him, and he always smiled. May he forever rest in peace, knowing fully well that his freinds shall remember him.

Okay, here's one: If electricity comes from electrons, then does that mean that morality comes from morons? :D

Why is the time of day with the slowest traffic called rush hour?
That one was either stolen by or from a season one episode of NCIS. Still, great quotes... This stuff is my new IM profile.

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

You know you guys don't have to spell the full name out... You can just put Aen or something... Just thought I'd let yall know... err yeah.
"I saw the greatest minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving, hysterical, naked, dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn looking for an angry fix." -Allen Ginnsberg, "Howl"

• 1 month later...
Only in America......do we buy hot dogs in packages of ten and buns in packages of eight.

I don't think that applies just to the states.

Only in America......do they have drive up ATM machines with Braille lettering.

We used to have one of those in town. :D

The bank got rid of it after the King Street Toughies tried to break it open the third or fourth time.

Brilliant! :D:D:D And, of course, don't forget Americans drive in a parkway and park in a driveway...

I love it. I cant believe I never really noticed that before.

Brilliant! :D:D:D And, of course, don't forget Americans drive in a parkway and park in a driveway...

I love it. I cant believe I never really noticed that before.

Didn't we have a thread about it years back?

Good list, b&r

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

Guest Scathane
Well, apparently, Americans feel/think/hope/wish that the Diet Coke will nullify the double calories they take in with the other stuff...

Well, apparently, Americans feel/think/hope/wish that the Diet Coke will nullify the double calories they take in with the other stuff...

Unfortunately, they're not the only ones - Australia has well and truly joined that band wagon.

I work in a Fish n' Chip store (hopefully for not much longer), and we constantly get people ordering greasy food and want to wash it down with a Diet Coke (or now, the new Coke Zero). I constantly fight the urge to tell them what I think :roll:

There is one guy who is on the top of this list for me. Every Saturday for about 3 months in a row, this guy would come in and order 3 double cheeseburgers, large chips, some flake and potato cakes (for two people) and end it off with a 1.5 litre diet coke.

Not only is the Diet Coke redundant after that binge of grease, there's that much of it by itself that there's no point bothering with the diet variant.

Ah, that's my gripe for tonight :roll:

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1333/3dartistbanneranimationws1.gif

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/4026/rebellionbannerdi2.gif

People drink diet coke because then they can eat more. Think about it: If you set a number of calories you will allow yourself for the day (And I realize that most people don't) you can have say two cheeseburgers and a diet coke as opposed to one cheeseburger and a regular coke... Or they could just like the taste better!

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Or else it's just the fact that my theory is correct. My theory is that "People are Stupid!" You can find some of my supporting evidence at http://www.darwinawards.com. Enjoy.

Chaos, Panic, Disorder, Destruction.....

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

Commander-in-Chief of BEAK Forces

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

Guest Scathane
People drink diet coke because then they can eat more. Think about it: If you set a number of calories you will allow yourself for the day (And I realize that most people don't) you can have say two cheeseburgers and a diet coke as opposed to one cheeseburger and a regular coke...
You're right, of course... but the same would go for regular cheeseburgers and regular fries, as opposed to double cheeseburgers and large fries. And, with regard to Diet Coke, it contains caffeine, aspartame and phosphoric acid, all of which enjoy wide 'renown' due to health controversy.

Not that I don't enjoy a good coke every now and then, let alone a diet coke...

Or else it's just the fact that my theory is correct. My theory is that "People are Stupid!" You can find some of my supporting evidence at http://www.darwinawards.com. Enjoy.

I love the Darwin Awards. I have the book :lol:

I don't really like normal coke let alone diet one.

I am an Ice Tea person. Love the stuff.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Palpycard.gif

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Spamkinguserbarcopy.jpg

CLICK HERE IT IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!

Click here is you like Trance

I hate that "sun-rendered tea junk". My dad makes it every summer, with a huge pot of stinking tea on the porch. I am forever tempted to give it a little nudge off the porch, sending it hurtling to the ground where it would smash against the rocks, thus ending the life of that particular glass jar. But I do enjoy a nice glass of iced green tea every now and again.

PS- I only drink Coke when I go out to eat, and will only drink a regular Coke. I'd rather drink a butt load of sugar than all the odds and ends that make their way into Diet Coke.

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png