Only in america.......

bobandrubert

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone ever tried Jones sodas? They have creative names like Bohemian Raspberry on some of them (Like the song by Queen? Come on, and I thought I was young!) and some very... interesting ones. They sold a full thanksgiving dinner of sodas. I'm dead serious, they had turkey, mashed potato, corn, peas, every flavor of soda you can imagine... Almost bought one to try it, but they only come in huge effing expensive packs... And personally, i see no differance between regular and diet sodas at all when it comes to taste, so I always just get diet since its a small amount healthier.

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Anyone ever tried Jones sodas? They have creative names like Bohemian Raspberry on some of them (Like the song by Queen? Come on, and I thought I was young!) and some very... interesting ones.[...] And personally, i see no differance between regular and diet sodas at all when it comes to taste, so I always just get diet since its a small amount healthier.

First of all, the Queen son is Bohemian RHAPSODY. Second, diet sodas really AREN'T healthier for you. After they get done dumping all those chemicals into the soda you are better off with the real sugars and all the other junk that you find in non-diet sodas.

Chaos, Panic, Disorder, Destruction.....

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

Commander-in-Chief of BEAK Forces

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

Dude, LIKE, can't you read the word LIKE? Its a play on words by saying Bohemian Raspberry instead of Rhapsody! Kinda like Darth Tater, the Mr. potato head Darth Vader. As far as diet sodas go, meh. I like the taste just as much, I'm entitled to pretend I'm being healthier :lol:

12/14/07

Guest Scathane
The main difference would indeed be in the sweetener: sugar as opposed by aspartame. The latter is said to not be fully digested so that a residual substance is stored in the human body...

I was asking what, in diet colas, appart from the replacement of aspartame by sugar is difference between diet and regular.

I then let everybody know which drink i prefered along with beer.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Palpycard.gif

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Spamkinguserbarcopy.jpg

CLICK HERE IT IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!

Click here is you like Trance

The only thing I have read, is that the sugar (and NOT high fructose corn syrup, but real sugar) in (the original) regular cola triggers a reaction in the body to let the person know "I have enough sugar, thank you". But, the high fructose corn syrup and aspartame don't trigger this reaction, so theoretically you could drink this stuff forever until you POP 8O
Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

diet soda floats? On what? Theoretically if diet soda lived up to it's name, regular soda would cause people to gain weight and become more boyant.

12/14/07

The only thing I have read, is that the sugar (and NOT high fructose corn syrup, but real sugar) in (the original) regular cola triggers a reaction in the body to let the person know "I have enough sugar, thank you". But, the high fructose corn syrup and aspartame don't trigger this reaction, so theoretically you could drink this stuff forever until you POP 8O

Ugh. I hate that high fructose corn syrup stuff that they use at movie theateres, then after that they still water down the drink. *HErrGH*

Stuff goes through you in just over two hours. That way the movie chains try and stop people (Like Peter Jackson) from making many three hour movies.

(Sat through King Kong just fine with nothing to drink. Just about exploded having to go, while waiting for Narnia to finish and it's only 2hr.)

This is why I smuggle Morgan into the theater. Halfway through the movie, I rarely care enough about the movie anymore to stop me from getting up to answer the call of nature.
I once knew a great man. Nothing got to him, and he always smiled. May he forever rest in peace, knowing fully well that his freinds shall remember him.

BadSamaritan wrote:

This is why I smuggle Morgan into the theater ...

Do you lift your foot up and put it on the seat, staring somewhere up in the ceiling before taking your seat? :lol:

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

This is why I smuggle Morgan into the theater.

You have me at a disadvantage here, though based on Tex's post I'm going to assume that Morgan is a type of portable toilet? Either that or some animal that eats human feces... Or possibly a type of drink based on your own post. Somebody explain it to me, please... I'm so confused...

12/14/07