Battlefront II

Darth_Rob

The Hero unit you can play as depends on your side and which planet you fight on. For example, Kashyyk allows you to play as Master Yoda. Basically, if you see them get killed by clones in Revenge of the Sith you can play as them on their respective planets. In some instances you aren't playing as a Jedi though. Kamino allows you to play as Boba Fett, and I'm guessing as Jango for the Clone Wars.

I think my expectations for computer games are dropping. Even though this game is missing alot that could have been there, it is my favourite FPS at the moment.

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

Ah. So you can't start a campaign and play as the same "main character" the entire game? Each level allows you to play as whatever troops, and one main character, which alternates depending on where the level takes place?

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

That's right, but usually you can't start off as the hero. you have to kill people to gain points. At some point you will be given the option to spawn as the hero character. The exception to this rule seems to be the Kamino mission, where you can play as Boba Fett all the way through.

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

I'd rather fly into a Star Destroyer from the side than try to get under one and go in that way. Making the hangar on the side was a good choice. I'd rather have an easier time getting my TIE in the ship than worry about canon

It's not hard. Play TIE Fighter, you'll see.

Admittedly it doesn't look as cool as cruising in toward the mothership and throttling back as you prepare to enter the hangar, but it's not hard. :P

Well i've played the whole Rise of the Empire campaign through and it was a lot of fun, some of the later levels are awesome.

Me and a mate regularly meet up and spend a couple of hours in an evening conquoring a galaxy, so much fun!

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

I for one am glad that not all the heroes are Jedi. It adds some flavor to it. Well, not Chewie since he's similar to the Wookiee Warrior, but Leia's invulnerability adds some fun to it, and her sporting blaster is awesome.
Count Dooku is the strongest Star Wars character as depicted in the movies. All hail Christopher Lee.

Yeah, but I had to get the PS2 version because my computer hates new games and dies for a few weeks until it finally stops pity-binging... Tempermental... -Insert profanity of your fancy.-

I enjoy that there are some characters that aren't Jedi, but Leia isn't one of them. They may have just as well thrown in Ackbar in her stead, its the same thing. Also they shouldn't have had both Fett's even though they have differences. Han is a really cool hero I think because of his wide range of options in battle, but yeah.

Just some more input.

"I saw the greatest minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving, hysterical, naked, dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn looking for an angry fix." -Allen Ginnsberg, "Howl"

Well, I finally got to give Battlefront a whirl, and I must vouch and speak very highly of it! It is a great, fun game, with huge improvements over the first one. My friend and I played a couple of instant action games, and I owned him so bad. So there I am, running about the Death Star, and suddenly a little message pops up saying, "Play as Emperor Yes/No?". That is probably the stupidist question anyone has ever asked me. I said "Hell Yeah!!!" and I started running about shocking everyone and their mother with Force Lightning! Then we played the Coruscaunt level, and once again, it said "Play as Maul Yes/No?". I KICKED MAJOR ASS as Darth Maul! His lightsaber skills were nuts!!! I think I had Maul kill my friend as least 5 times before I won the level! It was great! And when we played Jabba's palace and my friend became Luke, but got eaten by the Rancor, simply classic! I love this game!!!!!!!!

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png