Jedi Master Dom's ideas

masterdom

Just want to bring up a few things that may or may not have been discussed as of yet either on the old Rebellion 2 site or this board.

Space Travel - In rebellion 1, when a fleet was put into hyperdrive there was no plotting or risk taking to take into account. I think a good idea for rebellion 2 would be to have decisions to make when making space jumps.

eg. before jumping into hyperdrive you are given 2 or 3 options, you can either take the fast, commonly used route that is probably better used for small diplomatic or other minor missions but can be eaisly caught in space or you can get fleet intelligence to plot a new course which will take alot of time, but has alot less chance of being detected and brought out of space by interdictors etc.

Planetary management - In Rebellion 1, we all played with the idea of letting a computer look after the finer, less important details of the game while we took on the exciting stuff. In this game, I am propsing, instead of having just one droid controlling production and troops, you have the option of enabling a planetary leader to have the power to build defences and upgrade production. Now there would be some issues with this idea. First one, I think, we should have an option as to what class of alert you want that planet to be on, and depending on that alert you can adjust settings to have different operations in place for these stages. eg. If I have put a planet on a low alert with no apparent risks, I can adjust the settings for this alert to adjust what will be built on this planet in this stage of alertness, in the lowest stage, I might just assign the planet to build a few squadrons to assist a small capital ship to take care of such things as; crime, suprise attacks and planetary unrest. In a high alert, I would adjust the planetary leaders to build as many ships as possible and concentrate all funds that I have put into this planet on defence.

NOw some little interesting new missions that can come from this idea is the eradication of leaders that will not comply or are turning your side. Say a Thraken Solo for example has been voted into leadership roles at Corellia, you can send Leia, Han and other favourites on a mission to either sabotage his campaign or assist other candidates that would fit into your plans.

Thats it for now. My fingers are getting tired and I'm getting sleepy.

Please tell me what you all think.

\

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The space travel idea has been discussed, and most everyone agreed it was a good idea.

The management idea was discussed a little, but the idea of foiling governor's campaigns is a new idea...I like it! I've often wondered why characters don't have more options than the few they have.

Good ideas! :D

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.--Napoleon Bonaparte

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.--Robert McCloskey, State Department spokesman

Support the USA!

...emm..I agree...i've been toying with the hyperspace idea as a way to get around the gravity well factor, sort of, earlier in the game. For example depending on the attribute of the fleet admiral at the helm, fleets could emerge from hyperspace nearer opposing ships, (perhaps finding another use for the navigation points used in the tactical game....), thus allowing for some ship to ship sparring other than the all to familiar turn around and leave scenario you get before gravity wells enter the game...mutter...mumble...gibber...does that make any sense? Edited by Jahled
http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

..also I want Star Destroyers and Super Star Destroyers to be able to swallow certain smaller ships with their tractor beams, thus capturing any characters on board... :twisted:

I have two ideas along that line

1st is that there should be fewer hyperspaceroutes (in the books it is always 3 to 5 jumps to get to point b). There should be an option to move having the computer make the choice automaticly. if that idea is inputed then there should be an option to ambush fleets along certain routs via interdictor...

2nd in the game ion cannons can disable ships only to have them destroyed - there should be a capture ship option. The rebels were always using the imp's stardestroyers. it also should work with fighters as well (tractor beam idea...)

and 3rd (not along that line) The lasers should always travel in a straight line (friendly fire posibility) and one can use tactics along that idea (if any one remebers Ackabar's tactic...)

The Force is one and all

...and i've said this many times before; but how about Imperial Commandos...and yes, their vermin counterparts...being able to capture enemy ships...off the point I know, but sort of safely nowhere near what the topic's...even remotely about...perhaps i'll log out now.

Yes definatley in Rebellion 2 I want to see fleets with all kinds of ships that have either been captured or given to us in trade or for reward.

This will add to the game and make the battles and the game more realistic. Of course, the imperials would adopt this method alot less and probably used captured ships for different missions altogether. Any way, I would love to see a rebellion fleet with a captured star destroyer and other ships to make it feel more like the novels.

Glad u guys like my ideas, I'll have to keep em coming.

\

The capture ideas were already up; pretty old conversation. I supposed that I should bring up the idea of hybrid ships for those of you who haven't read the old one. Like Rebels capturing an Interdictor Cruiser can hybridize it with a Strike Cruiser for Modified Strike Cruisers, as seen in Balance of Power. You may use the Interdictor immediately, but before you build any or hybridize, you need to send Wedge or Ackbar or another ship-saavy scientist to research it.

I think there should be hyperspace routes between sectors, because then there are a lot, but not too much to not be able to do ambushes. I brought this up before; just brining it up again.

Hello

Something we also discussed a long time ago, in a forum far far away :D

Being able to ram enemy ships :!: That would be putting shot-up hulks to good use, instead of having to wait and see every subsystem being reduced to atoms. Think about a Corvette making it's last dash into the bridge of an ISD (like in Balance of power, or in the old XWing game). That would also bring new elements into the game.

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5183/animated9pn.gif

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://www.swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif

Yes, I remeber that ramming idea and I like it, as long as I don't have any body important on a ship.

More Ideas for REB II;

Jedi Training should start off with Luke, Darth and the Emperor but then upgrade to allow new Jedi masters or even Jedi knights to be able to take on a padawan or even a small academy.

Another Idea is to only allow training on planets that have a academy or some other jedi spiritual building. I think we need to think seriously about where Jedi training can take place. Maybe we should consider Jedi Training missions to only be allowed to be done on neutral planets that are a certain, safe distance away from any harm, or in an absolute fortress guarded to the teeth with troops and fighters. Maybe A good idea is to have training only being allowed to be done at Yavin for the Rebels at the academy for the start of the game when Luke gathers his first batch of students. And for Coruscant in Imperial Palace for the imperials.

One more thing is the amount of Jedi's that are avalable to weild in the first game. I think we should think seriously of just having a function where if a jedi is on a certain planet that has not been visited by jedi before, they should be able to detect force sensitive in the socities and then that would then create new, non known, character or characters that could then give you the option of sending these citizens to the Academy or not. This would then introduce a new risk of sending possible dark Jedi to train at Yavin. I'm thinking of possibly reading a quick bio on the citizens before sending them to training and this would give you a chance to check over this persons past, e.g. you read a bio on a child you has had a hard childhood and his father was killed by the imperials, obviously with a candidate like this you would have to think about his future and make either and educated decision to keep the academy free of dark jedi or a risky decision to attempt to lift the Jedi population that you have to use against the Imperials, Vong, whatever.....

What do you guys think?

\

I like the idea of Jedi training, i think ultimately what we want is Galaxies, XWA, Tie Fighter, Rebellion and Battlegrounds all combined.... i don't think i've left any out.... :twisted:

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

I know, but just take a moment to imagine it...................... :)

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Elvis, dude, i've taken my moment to think about it...and, well.....err.....ummmm...errrr.......IT'S GONNA HAPPEN!

Just cast your mind back to the distant eighties...ok, crap music, Dungeons & Dragons, Thatcher/Reagan (blaugh!)..but a newby entered the scene to waste our time..the personal computer!

(A battered ZX-81 steps onto the stage and bows)

No one could have possibly imagined how far things have come in a decade. If you need reminding, reach for that copy of the original Dark Forces, pop into into your computer and check out how much things have come along. If you've still got a ZX-Spectrum, spend ten minutes loading up Jet-Set Willy or some lunitic game involving llamas by Jeff Minter, and then visit lucasarts and see the game shots for the projects they've got in the pipe line...he he

2003? Gosh! I actually can't imagine what delights await us ten years down the line...despite the fact everybody I am related to, work with, or encounter evry other day, comments that I should: 'get a life,' IT CAN ONLY GET BETTER!!! :D

I can't seem to get hold of Dark Forces anywhere. I'vegot DF:JK, and MOTS, and JKII, but not the original... :(