Biggest Fleet

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Biggest fleet ever consisted of

50 SSD (nice round number, and all)

93 lancers

152 interdicters (No one escapes my wrath!)

200 heavy dreadnauts (Again, a nice round number)

20 victory star destroyers

121 victory II Star Destroyers

198 Imperial Star Destroyers

203 Imperial II Star Destroyers

1 Death Star

And with a healthy dose of characters, defenders, Intercepters, and Dark Troopers, though not chauck full. And then I just stationed it all over Coruscant when the Rebellion had only one planet left, no headquarters, and only Mon Mothma out there. Decided to see if they ever recovered enough to strike back. They didn't so i made a couple of systems with big shipyards mad at me. I'll tell you, they never seem to come!

Edited by DarthTofu

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

How did you have 3 death stars in the same fleet tofu? It always says that because of gravitational problems it is impossible to have more than one deathstar in a fleet or orbiting a system. Glitch?
"I saw the greatest minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving, hysterical, naked, dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn looking for an angry fix." -Allen Ginnsberg, "Howl"

I sent them all at from different fleets. But that's odd if yours wouldn't let you... Did you have version 1.0 or something higher?

12/14/07

I sent them all at from different fleets. But that's odd if yours wouldn't let you... Did you have version 1.0 or something higher?

3 Death Stars in the same fleet..nice.

http://img30.echo.cx/img30/2519/yodavspals4fr0gi.gif

Okay, fine, I lied. I just wanted to see if anyone would catch on or not. Though you appear to be the only one. You see, I'm a compulsive liar. That's a statement that'll probably take you a while to dissifer, it being a paradox and all.

12/14/07

I think 120 SSD and over 700 SD would blow up your computer.

It all depends on the system that you are running. Granted, lag would be a major issue in the battles, but I think VERY GOOD system could do it. The largest fleet I ever managed to get into a battle was a little over a two hundred vessels, and my comp pulled that off with ease.

But I have found that if I RAISE the costs on all vessels, the game becomes much more challenging, as the AI seems to like to run from fights more often, forcing you to trap them.

Another thing that I have finally noticed. Building huge fleets will ensure your victory, BUT it takes time to amass such a fleet. If you want the game to move faster overall, build a fleet that barely outgunns your opponents, and more often then not, they will duke it out with you instead of trying to run. Then just use tactics to encircle them, and pound them into oblivion.

I once knew a great man. Nothing got to him, and he always smiled. May he forever rest in peace, knowing fully well that his freinds shall remember him.

You know, if you want a different spin on rebellion so that you had two forces like Kaja's fighting each other you could always play a multiplayer game and have your partner agree to just build a fleet and then have a place to meet so you two could duke it out. It would be a matter of manuevering your ships correctly against the enemy force. If it was recorded that would be quite a treat.

I did that with a friend of mine 1 time. I played the Empire and he played the Rebellion. We set up a 'Non Death Star' battle, selected our unit orders, unpaused.... Then turned the monitors off for the next 3 hours.

I woke up 3 and a half hours later and the battle was still raging on. Crippled heavy cruisers were all over the place. So I moved one of my remaing SSD's with engines left, out to the edge of the battle zone with some busted up ISDII's. 40 minutes later when I got up, those ships had repaired most of their damage so I sent them in and mopped up the remaining 6 Mon Cal cruisers that were there.

Sounds like one heck of a battle. Never forget, though- fighters can be increadibally effective against capital ships. This includes Defenders. I had a gold squadron of them (I made sure to put it one regular TIE one bomber and one interceptor squadron so all of my defenders were in the came place) and had, like, I dunno, 80 squadrons in that one flight. They fired on a capital ship and that thing was history. It was great.

12/14/07

(haven't posted here in a long time sence I thought noone even played rabellion anymore lol)

the biggest fleet I've build in one game was the entire katana fleet (all 200 of them and gave them to Thrawn lol) which was backed up by 20 ISDIIs with 3 SSDs and a few anti-fighter ships, and 4 interdictors, I think it was a total of 250 ships with full fighters (this game took me a long time to play if I remember correctly it went on to like 6000 days +)

nearly crashed my poor old computer a few times during fleet battles.

and to show that fighters are great against cap ships I desided to test that fleet with the alliance being able to spend slightly less on some of their ships....lets just say I would have lost that fleet a few times if I didn't have all those fighters sence the AI goes build crazy when they don't have to spend so much for their ships

I've had a game go for 14000 turns. But I also played it on super fast setting for a really long time, colonized everything, and took every planet over before capturing Mon Mothma and winning. So maybe it's cheating... Who knows.
"I saw the greatest minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving, hysterical, naked, dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn looking for an angry fix." -Allen Ginnsberg, "Howl"

You mean you can win without colinizing every planet? 8O Every single time I've played it, Palpy or Vader is missing until I finally find them in the last outer rimsector I've colonized. Same goes for the Rebels, except that I never find their base until then end. Well, actually, come to think of it, I did once, but all I had was two Imp. Stars, Two Imp. Star IIs, a vic., and an interdictor. They had, like, three mon cals, a Dauntless, a couple of Nebulan B's, etc. Got my ass whoopsed and returned with the vic.

12/14/07

wow i dont think i'd ever come close to these 400 ship fleets or anything i think the biggest ive ever had consited of about 100 ships half of them some form of sd's.

I wonder if the game could handle it if I used rebed to allow me to quickly build a fleet of 1000+ ships lol or would this crash the game....kind of one of those test the games limits type thing lol

Nah, it would let you get your thousand ship fleet, but then you would run into an enemy thousand ship fleet and the system would crash before you fired a single shot. :P

12/14/07

I'll take that as you've done it lol

and I find rebed is a great tool if you want large fleet ingagements with the other side sence you just turn down the ships causts and such.

I've played it like that where me and the AI had 1 ship lowered and I had a fleet of 200 ships and it was distroyed by one of their fleets.......200 ISDs distroyed....and the alliance still had close to half their fleet left....they had MCs LMAO

Wow... Grand Admiral Thrawn you're not! :D Though I can see where that's coming- not having Reb Ed, I conquered most of the Galaxy as an Empire before blowing up some planets and giving the Rebels several planets to use for their own purpouses. I'm waiting for a massive engagement at Coruscant... Hee hee hee :twisted: ! The pansies won't come, though, so that stinks... :evil:

12/14/07

I suspect a small amount of one-upmanship going on here with fleet sizes.

I'd love to know what spec pcs you're running some of these fleets on.

Handy tip for a better opposition:

In RebEd, take away your oppositions ability to build rubbish ships that you don't want to face, i.e. take away everything except for Star Destroyers. Then make them really cheap, and also lower the build times of shipyards in the utilities area.

Pretty soon you'll find some fleets that you'll have a hard time beating.

Personally i don't like having too many ships as tactical view gets set so far out it starts to look rubbish.

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Well, my current largest fleet is only of roughly 150 ships - though I do have 6 fleets of around 100 ships each.

The laptop I've been playing on is a Mobile Pentium 4 M 1.9 GHz, with 256 mb of RAM and some ATI Mobility card. It has run every one of my fleet battles without difficulty (though I'm yet to try a very large fleet with it, ie 600+ ships).

The two most annoying problems with large fleet battles in Rebellion is that you can't create your own task forces (If I'm wrong, please tell me how to as it bugs the crap out of me when I've got the wrong units in task forces) and that you can't really tell forces where to move to except a few pre-designated positions.

In the end, I find all that I end up doing is sending this impossing fleet straight at the enemy to destroy them without opisition.

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1333/3dartistbanneranimationws1.gif

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/4026/rebellionbannerdi2.gif