Revenge of the Sith Teaser Trailer [spoiler]

Guest Scathane

What do you think?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• Brilliant! If this is what we can expect, the movie's going to be great!
    • It was okay... It could have been a lot better, though!
    • So-so: I wasn't thrilled at all!
    • Just as I expected: the worst trailer ever made!

I think that would be a good assumption, but then we'd have to sort out the conflicts within the EU. Maybe he'll write a book or at least a screenplay... or, maybe when he's dead, one of his kids will create a movie based on an un-finished scrips.

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't he saying a while ago that he might allow someone else to direct a television series based on EU novels?

...I'm envisioning taping "X-Wing" every week for two or three years.... :lol:

Put an overpowered Solar Ionization Reactor in between two cheap-ass engines and a couple of laser cannon, put a chair with a rudimentary flight control and targeting computer on top, and surround the (unpressurized!) pilot with enough armor plate so he doesn't fry in a tenth of a second... riiiiiiiiight

I think that would be a good assumption, but then we'd have to sort out the conflicts within the EU. Maybe he'll write a book or at least a screenplay... or, maybe when he's dead, one of his kids will create a movie based on an un-finished scrips.
I believe that a money making industry like Star Wars won't die after Lucas and as a matter of fact, I think Lucas' funeral will very much resemble the funeral of Vito Corleon in The Godfather. There will be Lucas' kids, sitting at the head of the Lucas family (just like Michael), while the LucasFilm Board of Directors pay their respect to the passed creator, then go on to congratulate the CEO of LucasFilm. Soon after, maybe even seconds after the funeral, LucasFilm will probably sign a contract with another director and Episode VII, VIII, and IX will begin. Perhaps that's a little too dramatic, but I think the directors of LucasFilm are a little more intelligent (and possibly greedy) to simply let the Star Wars movies die with their creator...there is simply too much profit potential.

Wasn't he saying a while ago that he might allow someone else to direct a television series based on EU novels?
I honestly hope not. I don't want to see a Droids version of Corran Horn or Grand Admiral Thrawn. 8O I just think a Star Wars television series, despite the profit potential, would very much ruin the Star Wars image (please, we don't need a Holiday Special TV series)...unless, of course, they did it like Mobile Suit Gundam (a very serious, down-to-Earth science fiction anime series from 1979) and its sequels (Zeta Gundam in the `85 and Char's Counterattack in `88 with Double Zeta Gundam of `86 being a complete flop, precisely what we don't want a Star Wars television series to become).

I'm thinking that Lucas would find that much of the EU doesn't work very well as a cartoon. The X-wing series could easily make the jump to a live action television series, SciFi channel would beg for it...just look at Battlestar Galactica (The New One) to see how an X-wing series could make the leap, though I think the Rogues would have a better following then anything those Galactica people could pull together. :wink:

Some of the other EU novels would work great as a miniseries, especially Zahn's books. If any of you saw the Frank Herbet's Dune miniseries you know what I'm talking about, much of the Thrawn trilogy requires six or more hours per book of screentime, simply because of its complexity.

Would Lucas do any of this...I have no idea.

Forum and RPG Membership:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/StellarMagic01/RaporaWarsTC.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/StellarMagic01/RaporaWarsRPG2.jpg

Signature:

Sufficiently advanced technology would be indistinguishable from Magic. -Arthur C. Clarke

Well, if Lucas dies before episode VII-IX are made, we'll have a good chance of seeing the current EU turned into canon since Lucas is primarily responsible for any contradictions.

I also think we'd have a good chance of seeing some one like Spielburg(sp?) directing any SW movies after GL becomes one with the Force, seeing how close they are (in the directorial sence). All-in-all, I don't think that would be a bad thing.

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

I also think we'd have a good chance of seeing some one like Spielburg(sp?) directing any SW movies after GL becomes one with the Force, seeing how close they are (in the directorial sence).
Seeing how close they are in age, too, I doubt Speilberg would be around much longer after Lucas.

By the way, everyone can now view the official Revenge of the Sith trailer, and I must say, it looks great! Without a doubt, this is going to be the darkest Star Wars movie of all time (after all, it's PG-13), but I think that because of how dark it's going to be and how good it looks, it'll make up for any blunders and down-right stupidities from the other prequels. Also, if that link doesn't work, just go to The Star Wars Official Website and click on 'View The Episode III Trailer' in the bottom-right corner.

For those EU fans out there, this will be a movie no long forgotten! :) It has seen the rise of the Dreadnaught-class and the use of Juggernaughts! :D Maybe we'll catch a glimpse of a Victory-class somewhere in there as well! :D

Anyplace where it can be viewed in any format other than Squicktime?
Put an overpowered Solar Ionization Reactor in between two cheap-ass engines and a couple of laser cannon, put a chair with a rudimentary flight control and targeting computer on top, and surround the (unpressurized!) pilot with enough armor plate so he doesn't fry in a tenth of a second... riiiiiiiiight

BlobBlubblubvbblutbluvblubblub

(THAT WAS BLOOBDY FANTASTIC!!! tried to say mad through all the droll which is escaping from his mouth at the moment.)

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Palpycard.gif

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Spamkinguserbarcopy.jpg

CLICK HERE IT IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!

Click here is you like Trance

Is it just me or does the Emperor have a sort of cartoonie/anime size about him? He seems to be rather bulky in his robes.

Another thing: why is it that Palpy (in the form of the Emperor, wrinkles and all), looks different than Sidious? For example, the "Emperor" talking to Anakin about the Jedi being enemies of the Republic and the "Emperor" fighting Yoda in the Senate chamber don't look the same. There is a maniacle look to the latter, almost to the level of that Twi'lek Dark Jedi in Jedi Knight (Brosk or something).

Another thing: why is it that Palpy (in the form of the Emperor, wrinkles and all), looks different than Sidious? For example, the "Emperor" talking to Anakin about the Jedi being enemies of the Republic and the "Emperor" fighting Yoda in the Senate chamber don't look the same.

The excessive use of the Dark Side makes you ugly?

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

Another thing: why is it that Palpy (in the form of the Emperor, wrinkles and all), looks different than Sidious? For example, the "Emperor" talking to Anakin about the Jedi being enemies of the Republic and the "Emperor" fighting Yoda in the Senate chamber don't look the same.

The excessive use of the Dark Side makes you ugly?

It's all that Evil number eleven. Causes mayhem with one's jedi complexion.

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

A bit off topic but after reading the Thrawn trilogy* I was left with the impression that there is no dark side/light side duology - its all in how a Force user uses the Force. Skywalker came perilously close to going down the "Dark Path" when he started to rely upon the use of the Force everytime he was in a tight spot - and Master C'Baoth was straight up addicted to Force use and thus, he was no longer his own master (addiction = Dark Side).

*EDIT: or was that in the Hand of Thrawn duology? I've gotta reread that stuff...

A bit off topic but after reading the Thrawn trilogy* I was left with the impression that there is no dark side/light side duology - its all in how a Force user uses the Force. Skywalker came perilously close to going down the "Dark Path" when he started to rely upon the use of the Force everytime he was in a tight spot - and Master C'Baoth was straight up addicted to Force use and thus, he was no longer his own master (addiction = Dark Side).

*EDIT: or was that in the Hand of Thrawn duology? I've gotta reread that stuff...

That's the Thrawn trilogy, and yes, you take is basically correct, hence the reason Joruus C'Boath was called a Dark Jedi and not some crazy name like Sith. This is actually a reflection of the original idea (post-Original Trilogy/pre-prequel) concerning the Force and Jedi, but that was changed as the EU expanded and as Mr. Lucas began production on the prequels. I personally like the original way it was done, but I don't want to get into an argument about whether the EU or the prequels should be more valid, whether Lucas was right, and blah, blah, blah...that's already been done, done again, and then shot to death kicking and screaming in other threads. What it could be taken to be mean, however, is that a Dark Jedi is one who is led (whether self-led or forced) to the Dark Side either accidentally or with good intentions, therefore Joruus C'Baoth would have been a Dark Jedi because he was ignorant of the light side (and mad), while someone like Dooku or Palpatine are true Sith. Others like Qui-Gon Jinn and Vader would be the grey areas on opposite sides of the spectrum.

Look at it like this: Jedi lay at a 10, Sith at a -10, and 0 is where people not attuned or 100% attuned to the force lie (different levels, of course). Okay, we'll say that Yoda is a 10 and Palpatine is a -10 (I'll try not to use too many EU people, too, since there's a controversy over how canical that is, except for the character of C'Baoth). So people who question the different sides would lie near the zero mark: Jinn would be about a 2 or 3, Anakin (pre-Darth Vader) at about 1, Anakin (post-Darth Vader) at about a -4 or -3 (depending on what he is doing and his mood; for instance, he was at a negative near zero aboard the Death Star II), and C'Baoth at about a -3 or -2.

Yes, it's a crude graphic example (only 2 demensional) and it indeed can be made better (such as to include compassion, Living Force, etc. on different planes to make a x, y, z graphic model), but it suits the stated purpose.

Oh yeah.

[/bEAK]

I was under the impression that it was more along the following:

Palpitane was a Sith. You are labled a Sith by following the teachings of the Sith. Sith teachings focus on emotion, power, and feeding a hunger for power. There is only one Master and one Apprentice at one time (according to Mace Windu), but if we go by EU sources, this is mostly because you only become a Master by killing your master. Vader was a Sith, a Dark Lord of the Sith to be more precise. The Emperor was a Sith Master. Sith Lord is the equivalent of Jedi Knight, with Sith Master being the equivalent of Jedi Master. Sith teachings twist you, make you cruel.

Dark Jedi are Jedi who have given into the dark side of the Force, but did not do so through the teachings of the Sith. I would venture to say that, although Dark Jedi are basing their actions on emotion, they do not have the cruelty of the Sith, though they could probably be called evil. You would still have to give into your emotions to become a Dark Jedi.

Qui-Gon was, I think, a new style of Jedi, and, like SOCL said, was more in the grey simply because he didn't hold to the Jedi Code as closely as most Jedi of the time.

I would try and describe it as follows: Sith and Jedi are two schools of teaching the force, one focusing on the Dark Side, the other on the light. The Sith are Dark Jedi, but are called "Sith" because of the way in which they were taught. Dark Jedi were once Jedi but gave into their feelings.

I was under the impression that it was more along the following:

Palpitane was a Sith. You are labled a Sith by following the teachings of the Sith. Sith teachings focus on emotion, power, and feeding a hunger for power. There is only one Master and one Apprentice at one time (according to Mace Windu), but if we go by EU sources, this is mostly because you only become a Master by killing your master. Vader was a Sith, a Dark Lord of the Sith to be more precise. The Emperor was a Sith Master. Sith Lord is the equivalent of Jedi Knight, with Sith Master being the equivalent of Jedi Master. Sith teachings twist you, make you cruel.

Dark Jedi are Jedi who have given into the dark side of the Force, but did not do so through the teachings of the Sith. I would venture to say that, although Dark Jedi are basing their actions on emotion, they do not have the cruelty of the Sith, though they could probably be called evil. You would still have to give into your emotions to become a Dark Jedi.

Qui-Gon was, I think, a new style of Jedi, and, like SOCL said, was more in the grey simply because he didn't hold to the Jedi Code as closely as most Jedi of the time.

I would try and describe it as follows: Sith and Jedi are two schools of teaching the force, one focusing on the Dark Side, the other on the light. The Sith are Dark Jedi, but are called "Sith" because of the way in which they were taught. Dark Jedi were once Jedi but gave into their feelings.

A different (and more inclusive) take on it. I like it! :D

Well... Sith and Jedi are two Schools... but I'm still not comfortable with the idea that Sith = Dark Side and Jedi = "Light" Side (and I'm very uncomfortable with the idea that the Force has this Light/Dark duality). My take on it is, the Dark Side (or the Dark Path) basically means that a Force User lost control and went nuts...

Well... Sith and Jedi are two Schools... but I'm still not comfortable with the idea that Sith = Dark Side and Jedi = "Light" Side (and I'm very uncomfortable with the idea that the Force has this Light/Dark duality). My take on it is, the Dark Side (or the Dark Path) basically means that a Force User lost control and went nuts...
Again, I think that was the original notion. A more inclusive theory, though, is that a Force user who has lost control and went bananas (like certain British ex-DJ I know :roll: ) is only one of many ways to the Dark Side (best example, again, C'Baoth's clone, Joruus C'Baoth). It's just like prison, there are many ways to get there (shoot someone, ram your car into a police car, put a traffic cone on your head and taunt an officer while drunk in public with your friend James, etc.), but as long as you follow A dark path then "forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi-Wan's apprentice" (except Yoda was wrong because Vader proved that it is apparently possible to break the Dark Side "spell"). And, like going to prison, it's easier to get in than it is to stay out, but it's not impossible nor that difficult (relative).

Going insane is one way to fall to the dark side, but as SOCL said, not the only way.

I was perhaps a little too simplistic in my outline. The Jedi are not strictly of the "Light" side of the force, but of the area one could consider more neutral. I think that Yoda put it best when saying the the Force should be used "for knowledge and defence, never for attack". So we can assume that Jedi are defenders (initially) and that they use the Force for knowledge. Dark Jedi are those Jedi who use the Froce to attack, to get what they want, and to get more power faster.

I've been under the impression that the Dark Side corrupts as well, which may explain why we consider Dark Jedi to be insane. BUt if we look at the Emperor and Vader, we see that, although cruel and evil, they seem to be quite in control of their actions.

When I started reading these new EU books and their description of the force as not Light or Dark but neutral, with the user puttin his/her own tint on it, I though that was a little too simplistic. There is Light or Dark, I believe, and the user can be pulled to one end or the other (or remain neutral), however it should be possible to use the Force for attack, so long as malice, hatred and aggression are not your reasons. You could say that it allows for an offencive defence.

As for the Sith=Dark Side, I'm afraide that's how it is. The teachings of the Sith (not the code, but the manner in which they train) support lies, deciet, double-crossing, and murder so long as you achieve your goal. Shows of effection and good will are seen as weaknesses. I think it's been said before, but the Sith are consumed by the force. Its power slowly erodes their body, destroying them with it's power.

I think in RotS we'll see a more clear definition of what it is to be Sith. Palpatine says that "the Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural". When asked if one could learn this power he responds "Not from a Jedi". I think that this strongly ties the Sith to the Dark Side, but it also shows that the Sith and Dark Jedi have not fallen in the same manner. It also should indicate that, perhaps, the Dark Jedi are more in the Grey area and beyond (towards the darkness), and that some things we attribute with the Dark Side because of what we've seen Vader and the Emperor do may only be powers gained through Sith knowledge. Although they are evil, Dark Jedi are still Jedi.

I think in RotS we'll see a more clear definition of what it is to be Sith. Palpatine says that "the Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural". When asked if one could learn this power he responds "Not from a Jedi". I think that this strongly ties the Sith to the Dark Side, but it also shows that the Sith and Dark Jedi have not fallen in the same manner. It also should indicate that, perhaps, the Dark Jedi are more in the Grey area and beyond (towards the darkness), and that some things we attribute with the Dark Side because of what we've seen Vader and the Emperor do may only be powers gained through Sith knowledge. Although they are evil, Dark Jedi are still Jedi.
I hadn't considered it that way before, but very well said! :D I may have a found a BEAKy protege.... :twisted:

Which brings up an interesting question. Do the Sith apprentices take vows that they will not challenge their Masters unless/until they have candidate apprentices of their own? In other words, was Darth Vader honor-bound to not challenge the Emperor unless Skywalker was willing to be his apprentice?

No, I think that they would take an apprentice after they have killed their Master. We can't take the "Always two there are" too strictly :D.

I think it was all a matter of interest.

Palpy couldn't do all the dirty work by himself, so he needed Vader for that. Palpy doesn't trust him, and knows that Vader has thoughts of his own, so Palpy must find an apprentice he can twist, and have Vader replaced with. (I guess something like that happened to Dooku)

Vader cannot take Palpy alone. Especially since he is more machine than a man, and a few of those lightning stuff would fry his breating machine. So he need a healthy young person he can twist and turn against Palpy.

Much the same should happen to any generic Sith pairing.

The Master will use the apprentice, until the apprentice tries to take his master's place. Then either the apprentice succeeds and the master dies, or the master lives and a new apprentice is required.

For the apprentice he will look for an aprrentice of his own, once he thinks he has learnt enough of the master and then both turn against him.

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

The treacherous ways of the Sith was what nearly caused their extinction and also caused the creation of the rule of "1 apprentice 1 master"

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Palpycard.gif

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Spamkinguserbarcopy.jpg

CLICK HERE IT IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!

Click here is you like Trance