Revenge of the Sith Teaser Trailer [spoiler]

Guest Scathane

What do you think?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• Brilliant! If this is what we can expect, the movie's going to be great!
    • It was okay... It could have been a lot better, though!
    • So-so: I wasn't thrilled at all!
    • Just as I expected: the worst trailer ever made!

The trailer will be here in March, I've seen a possible description of it in a Spanish site, I'll translate it and put it up later.

EDIT:

The trailer begins with the following exchange:

Palpatine: "The Dark Side of the Force is the pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural."

Anakin: "Is it possible to learn this power?"

Palpatine: "Not from a Jedi."

We are then introduced to the political maneuvering of Palpatine, Obi-Wan and Mace Windu. All of them actually want to use Anakin as a pawn in their game (Palpatine makes Anakin his "personal representative on the Jedi Council" while Obi-Wan wants him to "report on all the Chancellor's dealings"). The first minute or so is surprisingly heavy on dialogue and consists mostly of shots of various characters speaking to each other (inter cut with short glimpses of evil droids, space battles etc.).

We even see how Mace Windu and three other Jedi attempt to arrest Palpatine (he grabs the light saber and confronts them). When Mace Windu tells Anakin: "You are on this council, but we do not grant you the rank of Master," Anakin loses it and joins the Dark Side (Sidious: "Every single Jedi is now an enemy of the Republic"). At least that's how the trailer makes it look.

Then the more "visual" half starts with some very neat scenes like a low angle shot of Anakin marching in front of a clone trooper army. We see Wookiees on some kind of war machine, the duel in the volcano field, gigantic 10-wheel military transports and actual destruction of the Senate chamber. Everything is very dramatic, several deaths are implied, Padme is seen crying loudly and music from the Emperor duel (Return of the Jedi) is heard.

Overall, the first half of the trailer is surprisingly specific, making no sense whatsoever to people who don't know Star Wars well. The second half is very dark and dramatic, but with lots of action. Bad guys (apart from Sidious) only appear for a fraction of a second and have no lines. The final seconds consist of Obi-Wan shouting: "You were the chosen one!" fighting Anakin while both dangle from some ropes/wires. After the closing titles, there is a bonus shot of Vader and Sidious standing side by side, accompanied by Vader's breathing.

This is a preliminary version with effects and sound not quite finalized. One part of the trailer is actually without music (either for dramatic effect or John Williams' new score will be inserted).

There is some evil-looking humanoid droid with a cape around his head and torso, flanked by two classic battle droids (from Episode I). He seems to hold a lance in his hand. Later, Obi-Wan is seen sword fighting with a humanoid droid, but he's only seen from the back and moving quickly. (It appears to be General Grievous, but it's extremely short and quick shot.) Anyway, both of these shots are VERY brief (about half second).

One of the shots depicts Obi-Wan being surrounded by dozens of droids. Some of them look different and wear capes, maybe one of them is Grievous. But it's very wide shot, the characters are small. The length of the teaser trailer is a little under 2 minutes and 30 seconds.

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He doesn't. Go goes through some serious reconstructive surgery (in the same clinic Vader went later on) and a de-midichlorization and he became Lando Calrissian...

...(and knowing good ol' George. That is completely possible). :P:roll::wink:

He doesn't. Go goes through some serious reconstructive surgery (in the same clinic Vader went later on) and a de-midichlorization and he became Lando Calrissian...

...(and knowing good ol' George. That is completely possible). :P:roll::wink:

GL's machavelic plan is unveiled :P:lol:

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Palpycard.gif

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Spamkinguserbarcopy.jpg

CLICK HERE IT IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!

Click here is you like Trance

I thought it was an excellent trailer, the volcano part was great, but will the movie be worth the 3 years of waiting, I hope so. :)
The force is strong in my family. No, Luke, I am your father.

• 1 month later...

More Trailer News:

http://www.starwars.com/episode-iii/release/theater/news20050228.html

Episode III Trailer: Online, On Screens and On TV

February 28, 2005

The much anticipated full release trailer for Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith is on its way. Consisting of over two minutes of new footage from the movie, the full trailer will soon appear on television, on starwars.com and in theaters.

First, on Thursday, March 10th at 8 p.m., be sure to tune in to FOX to catch an all new episode of "The O.C." During the broadcast, FOX will air the Episode III trailer.

The trailer will debut online for members of starwars.com Hyperspace after the broadcast (around 9:00 p.m. Pacific time). Lucas Online is pleased to have partnered with AOL and Moviefone.com to provide starwars.com readers with fast and reliable access to Episode III video content. Subscribers to AOL will be able to see the trailer at this time as well.

To see the Episode III trailer on the big screen, head out to movie theaters starting March 11th, with the debut of the new animated comedy, Robots. Featuring the voices of Ewan McGregor, Halle Berry, Greg Kinnear, Mel Brooks and Robin Williams, Robots is an animated family film from the people who brought you Ice Age, the film that debuted the Episode II trailer in theaters.

Regular visitors to starwars.com will be able to see the trailer online starting on March 14th. A large size version of the trailer will soon be made available only to Hyperspace members after that date.

So make a date to watch "The O.C.", make sure you're subscribed to starwars.com Hyperspace, and head on out to see Robots at a theater near you to make sure you catch as much of the Episode III trailer as you can.

http://www.dinochick.com/dc_saber_banner_02.gif

I just want to see a bunch of star destroyers bombard the hell out of naboo, if all of the gungans die in revenge of the sith, then the first two disasters that were episode 1 and episode 2 will be well worth it.

That said, the trailer kicks ass. Although I have a question, during the clip with the two big ships shooting each other, is there a corellian corvette in the background, also I could have sworn there was a quick shot of what looked like an x-wing, although it would probably be the z-95 headhunter or the prototype to that.

Something I noticed about episode 2 by the way. Mace Windu isn't a true light jedi. When he kills Jango, he is defenseless, because first Mace cuts both his guns in half, and then slashes the flame thrower gauntlet, then Jango is backing up with no defenses, and ZROOOM Mace Windu dices his head off... Yeah, true master of the force.

WOOKIES ALSO, BWAHAHAHAHA WOOKIES RULE, AHH I DAMN NEAR SHAT MYSELF AT THE WOOKIE PART. I mean come on, a giant walking carpet that tears your arms off when it loses a game, whats not to like?

"I saw the greatest minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving, hysterical, naked, dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn looking for an angry fix." -Allen Ginnsberg, "Howl"

Breaking News from StarWars.com :!::!::!:

Episode III Release Poster

March 08, 2005

http://www.theforce.net/episode3/newspics/e3poster.jpg

Last year, moviegoers were given a glimpse of Anakin Skywalker's future, as the specter of Darth Vader loomed within the folds of his flowing Jedi cloak in the teaser poster.

The theatrical release poster is now on its way to movie theaters. The new one-sheet is illustrated by Drew Struzan, continuing a tradition begun with the Special Edition release of the Star Wars trilogy in 1997. This new poster places Anakin within the larger framework of the Episode III storyline, with the main cast of characters -- Obi-Wan Kenobi, Padmé Amidala, Darth Sidious, and the dark helmet of Darth Vader -- featured prominently.

As it did with the release of the teaser poster, StarWarsShop.com will be featuring new exclusives showcasing the poster art -- including the poster itself. The one-sheet will be available printed double-sided, with the reversed image of the artwork on the back of the poster. This is the same style of poster featured in movie theaters, where double-sided posters retain their vibrancy when shown in backlit displays. These are the same posters being shipped to movie theaters, giving collectors a chance to own the real thing.

Episode III is almost here. Be sure to catch the world premiere of the Revenge of the Sith release trailer when it airs on FOX during "The O.C." this Thursday, March 10th and it appears online at starwars.com Hyperspace.

In case the picture crashes: http://www.theforce.net/episode3/newspics/e3poster.jpg

http://www.starwars.com/episode-iii/release/promo/img/20050308_1_bg.jpg

-------------------------------------------

Wow SW.com blocked me for "borrowing" that image URL, I can't get onto the site now :oops::(, it throws up a "Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server." message :roll::evil: That sucks since now I have Hyperspace memebership and can't even get on to the site. "F" you SW.combastards

http://www.dinochick.com/dc_saber_banner_02.gif

Okay first off: I haven't seen any of the trailers.

I know...no excuse, right? Well, could I impress upon anyone to have pity upon a poor Lieutenant and maybe provide me a link or a copy of the old trailer? Por favor? :mrgreen: With sugar on top?

Five of the Greatest Lines in the Star Wars Trilogy :roll:;)

-"As you wish..."

-"He's no good to me dead..."

-"What if he doesn't survive? He's worth a lot to me."

-"Put Captain Solo in the Cargo Hold"

-"AaaaaAAaaaaaa!!"

Fett's Vette

The Lyrics

The OC? What's that? I dunno if I can, tho...BBL is out tonight, and I'm taking my kids to a movie.

Five of the Greatest Lines in the Star Wars Trilogy :roll:;)

-"As you wish..."

-"He's no good to me dead..."

-"What if he doesn't survive? He's worth a lot to me."

-"Put Captain Solo in the Cargo Hold"

-"AaaaaAAaaaaaa!!"

Fett's Vette

The Lyrics

The O.C is some trashy TV show that's shown on FOX.

You should have taken the kids tomorrow, as the trailer will premiere in theaters with the debut of Robots (a film from the same folks that made Ice Age).