K-Wing included or B-Wing included?

Guest JediIgor

Should we include the K-Wing or the B-Wing in the TC?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Should we include the K-Wing or the B-Wing in the TC?

• K-Wing
    • B-Wing

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I already posted some fighter stats in the stas thread, look them up and tell me what you think of them.

I agree with TK421. An important part of the TC's idea was to get rid of all those fictitious ships/characters and put the REAL Star Wars things in there. Atmosphere etc. Stick to that, I'd say.

It's all hopeless but otherwise not very dramatic. - Helme Haffax

Englishman: "What do you think of Modern Civilization?"

Mahatma Gandhi: "That would be a good idea."

I'd say that as well :wink:

The timeline for the TC is the Thrawn trilogy, 5 years after Endor. We have already agreed to include two ships from the Dark Empire comics, like the Sovereign SSD, although to keep it canon, that one will take very long to be researched.

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5183/animated9pn.gif

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://www.swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif

What book were they in anyway ? I don't remember ever reading about them :?

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5183/animated9pn.gif

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://www.swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif

I can't remember anything either. I did not read every book (Splinter of the mind's eye, bounty hunters and most other Tales of ... books are missing) but I never heard of it. Was it in a comic? And who produced it? Doesn't look like an Incom/FreiTek or Koensayr model.

Gotta look up theforce.net.

Hmmm...it just doesn't seem like the fighter is worth putting in the TC. It is costly, lightly armed, and not even known to be mass produced at any time. I would think we would want starfighters that fit in the timeframe, but also are easily recognizable.

My vote is no C-Wing.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.--Napoleon Bonaparte

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.--Robert McCloskey, State Department spokesman

Support the USA!

I'm not saying I don't like the fighter, I just think with it's limited production, it shouldn't be included in the TC. It's a neat looking fighter, and has great stats, but it needs to fit in with the TC's theme. It could be supplied as an optional card, but then all cards available currently can be used. I'm just saying when the TC is bundled together for download, the C-Wing might not be the best choice for inclusion. :D

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.--Robert McCloskey, State Department spokesman

Support the USA!

The Total Conversion is set in the SW 5 years after Return of the Jedi, when Thrawn return to the known galaxy and start his briliant plan for conquest.

Yes the C-Wing was developed and lost by the Rebels prior to Endor and the Imperials probably have the plans somewhere in the Special Files section.

If we think from within the SW universe the Empire is a corpse, a huge big corpse, before Thrawn took over it could have only with some difficulty have started to produce such a formidable fighter. Few people would have had access to the plans. Thrawn and Isard perhaps, Isard was lying low and satisfied with her little TIE Defender manufacturing plant, Thrawn was focusing on his brilliant tactical knowledge and Wayland, rather than the arms race that was taking place in TIE FIGHTER.

The Rebels had problem of their own, having discovered how difficult it was to start the galaxy running again, remember they are so desperate that they usse stripped-down Assault Frigates as freighter, hardly the time to invert in the manufacture of a fighter. The Imps were fighting in TIEs and few Interceptors, A-Wing, X-Wings and B-Wing worked just fine for them.

If we start to include C-Wing and other Fighter we might just as well include the bigger Imperial TIE models, Starships of the Galaxy is related to the CCG (I think, It's from Wizarsds of the Coast.) And so far I haven't seen it in any book or comic....

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

The TC is what the community is making, but that doesn't mean you won't be able to use cards on it, just as you do know. You can make a card for the C-Wing for yourself or put it in the cards section of the page. If you can't make the card send me the pics and I'll do it for you... The ship is formidabel and ought to be in a TC, not this but perhaps in a "all nice and interesting things we simply couldn't have in the first TC" TC
http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

I looked up theforce.net.

C-Wing

this was a unique, specially-built fighter. It was classified as a heavy assault craft, armed with four heavy blaster cannons and a proton torpedo launcher. Enhanced shielding and armor plating gave the C-Wing strength in a fight, while a powerful ion drive gave it speed and maneuverability. (SOG)

(What the heck is SOG? Here it comes.)

Abbreviation SOG

Title Starships of the Galaxy

Author(s) Owen K.C. Stephens

Copyright Date 2001

Publisher(s) Wizards of the Coast

ISBN Number 0-7869-1859-4

Hm. OK. So it's no fanfic, but not a common ship either.

The pic looked more Wing Commander style of old to me.

The TC is what the community is making, but that doesn't mean you won't be able to use cards on it, just as you do know. You can make a card for the C-Wing for yourself or put it in the cards section of the page. If you can't make the card send me the pics and I'll do it for you... The ship is formidabel and ought to be in a TC, not this but perhaps in a "all nice and interesting things we simply couldn't have in the first TC" TC

Thanks for saying what I couldn't! Yes, I like the fighter. No, I don't think it fits in the current TC. Yes, it can still be incorporated in anyone's game if they want it. :D

Support the USA!

By the way, the TIE Defender was developed just before or after the battle of Yavin, as Thrawn wasn't yet an Admiral when it was developed, and he was promoted during Zaarins treachery which was approx 1 year after the Battle of Yavin. So the TIE Defendeer's been around for a while.

That's just a pointer, personally i think we shopuld have the A B E and XA4 wings, plus TIE Interceptor, Tie Scimiter, Tie Advanced, Tie Defender.

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away