Stats, research order etc.

Tsunami

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Direwolf75:

I did not notice anything like this so far, but I am really lazy... I cannot say for sure, but the Bulwark equally took down nearly the whole shield of both ISD I or Lancer wit one salvo. Either this shield-to-hull-factor is not that great or it has something to do with to-hit values. Heck. I don't know if there is a thing like to-hit-values, but I suspect there is (what else would fighter maneuverability be good for, else?).

I will run a test on this shield issue. If Direwolf is right, the whole calculation will get a bit more complicated but more accurate.

It's all hopeless but otherwise not very dramatic. - Helme Haffax

Englishman: "What do you think of Modern Civilization?"

Mahatma Gandhi: "That would be a good idea."

• 2 weeks later...

I had a talk with vakundok on this issue and he believes the differences between shields could be related to repair value. To me, this makes more sense than hull, and it would explain a great deal of things.

I believe every salvo has a certain chance of knocking out shield generators (most of the time, ships lose their generators BEFORE the shield is completely down), most likely depending on its strength (there has to be a facor for normal lasers, something like 1/10 or something). If so, the shield regeneration gets diminished so that the ship is actually much more vulnerable to other allacks. The repair value determines the time it takes the ship to repair damage, both in tactical combat and on the strategy screen. It could also be that it reduces the chance of components being knocked out (and with it maybe the vulnerability to ion cannon fire, too).

There appear to be certain steps in diminishing the shield regeneration value, but I do not have a savegame handy to confirm it. Something like fourths, fiths or sixths, I guess.

All this could explain some of the inconsitencies.

• 4 weeks later...
is there any conversion rate that anyone has figured out between the amount of turbolasers to the turbolaser strength in rebellion? as in 60 heavy turbolasers of an ISD equals a value of 300 in the game? something like that...that would be helpful in balancing the ships. the same goes for shield's SBD values, and the in-game shield strength. rinse and repeat for ions, lasers, yada yada yada...
Dude, the Shnozzleberries taste like....shnozzleberries...

As for shields and hull:

I took the ISD-I as reference. Hull * 1,24 or something, shield value divided by 16.

About guns:

There is no appearent pattern in the original Rebellion. I thought about the ships' dangerousness in the XW-series and their descriptions in novels, games etc.

I put the stats I have so far in one Excel doc; I you are interested I could send it to you via E-Mail.

thanks, that would be great. :) i was thinking maybe of looking at the original turbolaser values for the ISD as a benchmark, and dividing that by the number of turbolasers on the ship. that would be something like this then i guess:

300/60=5...so each turbolaser has a value of 5 in the game. so using this, could we reassign values for ALL the ships in the game, to get realistic values? this would have to go for the other attributes too(shields and what not) to make it balanced. i'm not sure if this would work, or just screw everything up. just a thought. :twisted:

Dude, the Shnozzleberries taste like....shnozzleberries...

I thought about that when making my shipstats; some values had to be altered to fit into this balance thing. A Carrack Cruiser with a shield value of 50 would be no good...

On the other hand, I gave ships with low shield values better regeneration; ion cannon strength was lowered by more than 50% ( since they destroy equipment permanently and do not only disable it temporarily) and repair values were greatly increased.

• 3 months later...
How are we doing with stats then? Are we getting somewhere near finishing deciding what they all are?

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

The stats are very complete thus far, but without any ingame testing. Some things are very hard to predict or calculate. Only time will tell.

Thats all good then, and how far are we in terms of making the cards for them? Is therenow an official and complete shiplist somewhere?

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Yes there is, with only one possible change left.

But beware, it's not for the public to know! :) 'Patience you must have.'

Some interesting things about the ships:

- the Dark Force is nothing to mess with

- enough types of Mon Cal ships to make even freaks happy

- many EU ships of that timeline never seen together in a Star Wars game before...

- re-balanced stats to more closely resemble the ship's XWA stats and role in books etc.

- each ship will use a new model. Some are complete, some are not. It will take time

Geez, I should never go into commercials... :)