Stats, research order etc.

Tsunami

You could also change the sublight value to, say 1.

Exit RebEd and look for the files that just got changed in the GData folder.

The make a copy of this file and load RebEd again, this time change the

value to 2. Exit again and compare the two files for differences, there you have the bit that gets changes :D

I usually use Windows Commander for the comparison, helped me a lot of times and the demo has just a nag-box, if you wanna give it a try.

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5183/animated9pn.gif

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://www.swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So basically you could manually change a sublight and/or hyperdrive value to zero by using a hex editor?

It's all hopeless but otherwise not very dramatic. - Helme Haffax

Englishman: "What do you think of Modern Civilization?"

Mahatma Gandhi: "That would be a good idea."

Word :D

Why would anyone include this as a 'feature' in RebEd? I mean, let people change these values to zero if they want, or what?

Eh? I don't understand, why wouldn't they let us? Maybe they never figured on someone wanting to change the ship speed to zero...

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well another thing is about the position of the turrets.

Of course it is strange that a SSD has all guns on the forward side, however this can bring up some nice strategic points buy moving ie two Mon Cals to the left and right side of the ship.

Z'anthr saves the world. Sorry about the mess...

ACtually a tool can't be a cheating tool, it's your intention that uses the tool to cheat....

If you add new ships and lower the price, but make them powerful you are cheating. Cheating is beding/breaking the rules in a certain context to your advantage

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

Geez, this went a bit OT.

Let's get the stats for the fighters from the FINAL LIST (this sounds important, doesn't it?):

(copied old post)

Speed: Took the MGLT speed and added acceleration.

Maneuverability: Turn rate + acceleration.

Warhead load: still trying to find some kinda balance it. Just taking the warhead numbers from XWA would be pointless since these numbers do not reflect the kind of warhead used. A-Wing lists 12, but these are concussion missiles. If it carries proton torpedos, it's less. 8 or 6 or something.

Shield: No shields => no shields. If there are shields, then take shield rate (sbd) and hull rate together.

Cannons: Most fitting seems a strength of 3 for each cannon except on the E-Wing (its cannons are supposed to be high powered.

That would be (spd/man/la/io/shld/miss)

E-Wing: 16/11/12/0/8/8

A-Wing: 14/12/6/0/6/6

X-wing: 12/9/12/0/7/6

B-Wing: 11/8/9/9/17/12

Y-Wing: 9/7/6/6/12/10

K-Wing: 12/8/?/?/13/16 (not known to me, I believe 4 lasers and two ions.)

Interceptor 13/12/12/0/0

Bomber: 9/10/6/0/0/6 (8?)

Defender: 16/13/12/6/11/6

Scimitar: Shields would be 8, other stats not known to me.

Guess: 9/9/6/6/8/8

If there is need for them, I'll post the original XWA stats, too.

The fighters NOT from our list are for comparison reasons. :)

Guest JediIgor

Not bad, would you mind adding stats for the A-9 Vigilance, and the T-65AC4 X-Wing?

The new X-wing btw, is supposed to be as fast as an A-wing.. and have more powerful lasers/proton torpedoes

Weird really, the alliance gets 3 interceptors.. but then so does Empire.. *shrug*

Problem is that I don't know anything about the A-9, except what I read at theforce.net.

-9 Vigilance Interceptor

a fast, highly maneuverable starfighter built by Kuat Drive Yards, the A-9 was pulled out of the design archives in order to help fill the gap left by the loss of so many TIE Fighters during the Galactic Civil War. However, when the Alliance defeated the Empire at the Battle of Endor, many of KDY's factory worlds were the sites of rebellion and revolt. One such world was the prime manufacturing site of the A-9. When all was said and done, the A-9 found its way to the New Republic's arsenal instead of the Imperial fleet. The craft is 7.4 meters in length, and is armed with a pair of heavy turbolaser cannons. Like the TIE Fighter, the A-9 has no hyperdrive, although it is capable of speeds approaching 1,300 kph. (DE1, DESB)

I would guess a bit more sluggish than the Interceptor, but with shields. The two heavy turbolasers would make its laser strength something like 10.

The improved X-wing could look like this: 13/10/12/0/8(9?)/6

as compared to the original X-wing: 12/9/12/0/7/6

Vakundok says you can add turbolasers on fighters. He prefers to refer to them as Heavy bombs, but of course you can use them for this too.

I'd give them only to the Scimitar, and made their bombardment rating higher. WIth turbolasers(heavybombs) they can make runs on cap ships, too, and not get massacred.

DO we give tehm to the B-Wing? Perhaps less than the quantity given to the Scimitar. After all teh B-Wing will have shileds and is more likely to survive runs on cap ships...

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

I agree with you on that.

I never liked the Bwings.. not to fly (XWA) or to build (SWR) because they have too less of anything.. but in SWR I builded them because I like their cost and guns and so on... just for private privilege. The are the newest ships in their class and they appear impressive!

Whoa, the turbolasers/heavy bombs thing is news to me. Good stuff.

The A-9 boasts two of those babies, so heavy bombs value would be 2, lasers 10 (?).

What about the stats for the T-65AC4 X-Wing?

Are you sure about the A9 having shields ? I once read, that it didn't.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, confused that with the IMPROVED A-9s from NJO. Heck, even those blasted Howlrunners have shields back then, but both models are mostly used by the NR/GFFA at that time. There were even some shield-equipped Interceptors at Borleias.

The standard A-9 does indeed have no shields. Does anyone have a clue about their hull values?

I actually wonder about assigning a shield value to the Bombers. Of course they don't have any, but they are supposed to be structually tough. As it is now, a Fighter can take as many hits as a Bomber.

That's exactly the problem: There is no such thing like a hull value for starfighters. So the TIE Fighter with 9 RU hull rating can take the same number of hits as the Bomber with 28 RU.

For the fighters with shields, I added shield and hull values together and divided the stuff by 10. So it would be only fair to give fighters witout shields some shield points to compensate for the missing hull value. In the bomber's case it would be 2 or three.

I dont't know anything about shield regeneration for starfighters, but I believe it's either non-existent or so too low to make a remarkable difference.

This 'made-up' shields would serve as a workaround for the engine limitations and balance out the fighters more accurately. Mention it in the ReadMe file and most people will understand.

• 4 weeks later...
Good ideas.. we should at least double the hyperspace traveling speeds. It should take a few days, not several weeks, to travel across your sector.

As for the shields, we could lower all the regeneration values, yes. The ISD Mk I shoud be especially lowered, since it is only equipped with one shield generator. As for the Range, someone could surely get it from XWA, could they not?

Heck, we could get a lot of things from XWA... :D

As for the Lancer having the same shield strength as an ISD.. that is indeed ridiculous, as a Lancer is that much smaller than an ISD. It could, however, have the same regenerative speed as an ISD, since an ISD is a relatively old model whereas a Lancer is a relatively new model.

Research: I think every ship that was researched by the Thrawn era should be researched, whereas every ship that was researched during or after the Thrawn era should be left for the players research. A logical conclusion, is it not?

Noone else noticed that a ship with 200 shield and 3000 hull will be able to absorb WAY more before shields drop than a ship with 200 shield and 500 hull?

Shield value in combat is per X amount of hull or something like that.