Rome : Total War

Cain

Guest JediIgor
The way I see it, there's a LOT of problems with the game after you get past the initial awe.

To summarize,

the mid-game (30+ provinces) is too hard/tedious (enemy has way too many armies way too few provinces, and they always keep huge armies in the cities instead of coming out and facing you).

the end-game (40+ provinces) is too boring, by this time I was a steamroller making like 20-30,000 denarii per turn with about 5+ full armies (i.e. not garrisoned).

The multiplayer would be fun too, except you can't do campaign mode and about half the time you can't connect to a multiplayer server.. yay. Or sort by passwords, or by ping, or ANYTHING. The multiplayer is WORTHLESS.

JI all this problems have been solved by the moding comunity ....since almost all the rules and inside stuff of RTW are in damn simple text files. Did you ever open one ?...anyway see the http://www.twcenter.net and you will have all CA's stupid problems fixed :)...except the multiplayer nobody tried to fix that :)....BTW in 15 Minutes you can put a stormtrooper inside ..that will shoot arrows ...but we are working on that.

You've got to be kidding mate, please show me how you can edit the AI through those text files.

99% of my problem is with the AI; I had several page essay written on the official TW forums but because they use the inferior Ezboard it's now gone (and not even archived! BLAH). You cannot fix fundamental game problems such as the AI with a textfile modification.

Furthermore, how do you expect the bulk of the RTW gamers to find these fixes? There are certainly no links from inside the game that take you to mod sites, and even fewer people actually have the internet access to go and do it (remember, RTW is praised as a good single player strategy game, the multiplayer is very bad).

This isn't saying RTW is a bad game. It's probably the best strategy game of the year, of the last few years! But it just has too many fundamental and obvious flaws that makes one wonder "How did it ever get past the testing?" All one has to do is play one full campaign (on Medium or above) and one will notice all the flaws right away.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic