Rome : Total War

Cain

Do you have a job? I find that that tends to make buying things much easier :lol: .

Just bought Rome today. Currently installing it. If I go missing for a month or so, don't worry, I'll find my way back :D .

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you have a job? I find that that tends to make buying things much easier :lol: .

Just bought Rome today. Currently installing it. If I go missing for a month or so, don't worry, I'll find my way back :D .

:arrow: i am not old anought to have a job :cry:

:arrow: A good way o rate a game is too calculate how long GAT is absent from the forums :D

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Palpycard.gif

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Spamkinguserbarcopy.jpg

CLICK HERE IT IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!

Click here is you like Trance

:arrow: Well now around 125 BC teh Roman empire sends me a message that i have to comit suicide in the interest of the roman people.....yeah :twisted: ....now I'm fighting the romans .....and I buy them I have almost 1.000.000 denaris so no army or city can face the power of my bribe :twisted:

:arrow: ...Ahhhh I love my two elephant mercenary units ...they smash so cool in the enemy lines :wink:

- The Trivium Organization - Community Manager -

- Petroglyph Fan Forums - CoAdmin & Human Resources Manager -

So addictive...

:arrow: You will play it sooner or later :wink:

:arrow: Also play it on hard/hard setting (Strategic and battlemode) it is the best setting :wink:

• 2 weeks later...
Do to the Roman Re-enactment craze that has come over me, I have barely been able to see my laptop, much less play any games. Regardless, I just recently marched on Armenia and am working my through Anatolia to, eventually, fight the other Roman factions and conquer the world. This is my first campaign, of course, I didn't simply play a quickly battle to unlock everything else, I'm going it the less-than-easy way. 8)

:arrow: Ok the world of Rome has no more hidden places. The blood is now in the game new provinces units models textures pics and scripts can be added by an avrege mooder or even a newbie.

:arrow: I'm there as Burebista and you may have seen up that I have started a Design Bureau to. Funny it's sounds short like this one : RDB II just that is Rome not Rebellion. I can realy use some help there since all is more or less just starting.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/index.php?showforum=45

It's very cool there with almost 10.000 hits on the site per day...or something like that.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Cain...what provinces are the elephants in? Im having some major trouble in my campaign lol. I could use their help. Also how can i play other factions? I wanna try playing as the selucid empire. Any advice would be awesome 8):lol:

:arrow: Go here

D:\Rome TW\Data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign

open the descr_start file

campaign imperial_campaign

playable

romans_julii

romans_brutii

romans_scipii

romans_senate

dacia

macedon

egypt

seleucid

carthage

parthia

gauls

germans

britons

greek_cities

end

unlockable

end

nonplayable

romans_senate

slave

pontus

armenia

scythia

spain

thrace

numidia

end

look how mine is looking :)

You can also find me here as Burebista.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/index.php?showforum=54

What strategies did u guys use to defeat the greeks. Im playing as the Selucid Empire and was doing quite well in defeating egypt when all of a sudden Greece suddenly declares that we are at war with each other(bastards) and now i have to fight a war on to fronts and one of my most productive cities is right by Athens 8O8O. So any help from anyone would be most appreciated 8)

:arrow: Use sige equipement in line and fire (fire "explosive" roks). If they will attack you they need to go write in your fire line.

*Defend the equipement with lines of spears ! or I can send you the myrmidon unit.

Edited by Cain

:arrow: Make sure that you stop the archers in time since they can kill your own troops if they fire to closley.

I will go for :Spears, Archers and Seiege Equipement.

NOTE . You need to be attacked for this to work.

:arrow: Try my tutorials to learn how to insert it...I will add tonight the unit on their topic as an attachement.

http://www.twcenter.com on forums workshop the RDB II Forum search for me there...(Burebistra)

See here in the attached pic how they masacre a roman legion ...he,he.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=14129

:arrow: Yees just drop a cavalery unit behind the phalanx :twisted:

:arrow: Anyway the Myrmidons are ready for who ever wants them but it will have to mod 4 files in order to corectly have them ?

:arrow: Who wants to do that ?

To Cain....I want a couple Myrmidons, can u please send me the file? For some reason i cant get through your links. And to SOCL, i wanna know...o o o me me. There such a pain in the ass.

To Cain....I want a couple Myrmidons, can u please send me the file? For some reason i cant get through your links. And to SOCL, i wanna know...o o o me me. There such a pain in the ass.

Ok your card is here ...try to get inside this topic to download the attachement :)

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=14129

Guest JediIgor

The way I see it, there's a LOT of problems with the game after you get past the initial awe.

To summarize,

the mid-game (30+ provinces) is too hard/tedious (enemy has way too many armies way too few provinces, and they always keep huge armies in the cities instead of coming out and facing you).

the end-game (40+ provinces) is too boring, by this time I was a steamroller making like 20-30,000 denarii per turn with about 5+ full armies (i.e. not garrisoned).

The multiplayer would be fun too, except you can't do campaign mode and about half the time you can't connect to a multiplayer server.. yay. Or sort by passwords, or by ping, or ANYTHING. The multiplayer is WORTHLESS.

The way I see it, there's a LOT of problems with the game after you get past the initial awe.

To summarize,

the mid-game (30+ provinces) is too hard/tedious (enemy has way too many armies way too few provinces, and they always keep huge armies in the cities instead of coming out and facing you).

the end-game (40+ provinces) is too boring, by this time I was a steamroller making like 20-30,000 denarii per turn with about 5+ full armies (i.e. not garrisoned).

The multiplayer would be fun too, except you can't do campaign mode and about half the time you can't connect to a multiplayer server.. yay. Or sort by passwords, or by ping, or ANYTHING. The multiplayer is WORTHLESS.

JI all this problems have been solved by the moding comunity ....since almost all the rules and inside stuff of RTW are in damn simple text files. Did you ever open one ?...anyway see the http://www.twcenter.net and you will have all CA's stupid problems fixed :)...except the multiplayer nobody tried to fix that :)....BTW in 15 Minutes you can put a stormtrooper inside ..that will shoot arrows ...but we are working on that.