What about force rating increase

Elfboy

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JediIgor

What do you mean? I'm not sure if it could be done... if you're asking for changes across the slate, when a Jedi fails a mission, that his force rating increases anyways.. that would probably go to DLL entries.

But if you're asking for more characters with the force... that is a good idea, and I was thinking we should have a couple of Dark Jedi & Jedi from the time period (easy for rebels, and then we can use some games for the imperials).

When Luke and Leia fail a mission, like sabatoge, their force ranking will improve slowly. A lot of people use this idea where you blockade a system and send then on missions they are sure to fail to raise their stats this way. But they are the only characters in the game (Rebel or Imperial) that can do this. I was wondering if we could change something in the game so that both sides would have characters capable of doing this.
If I am wise, it is because I know that I know nothing.

I thought Vaders went up too? Or is that just when he fights Luke or Leia?

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Aside from the usual upgrade force characters can get, there's no chance to upgrade 'normal' characters to this, that I know of. Maybe with increasing their force levels and the probability...

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5183/animated9pn.gif

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://www.swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif

All force characters get points from failed missions, the main characters also get them for successful engagements with other main charaters, and unsuccessful ones too.

You can birng an initiate up to Master pretty quickly by sending them on Jedi Training missions with Luke or Vader, especially when Luke or Vader is powerful.

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

From what I understood Luke and Leia are the only two to increase with failures and encounters. What I would like to know is: can this ability be extented to others? For example Vader and the Emperor.(Or whom ever the main Jedi characters for the Empire will soon be.)
If I am wise, it is because I know that I know nothing.

Nope, i've had Talon Karrde up to 1000 on espionage and combat just by sending him on lots of sabotage missions that he fails, plus a few close shaves with Vader.

Yep, and i didn't change his stats, although i had changed Luke's so training was somewhat more successful. Yeah, Karrde is virtually a major character in the books. He and his Vornskrs saved Luke, Leia, and Mara, and got rid of Joruus.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Nah, leave the Reb main chars as they are, swap thed Emp for Thrawn and Vader for C'Baoth

no, i mean that the dll for Leia be available to the empire - that way there are force growths on both sides. There will still be a lea character, just in a different Dll
The Force is one and all

Yeah but then you get problems with the events, whoever had Leia's dll would turn out to be Luke's sister....

• 1 month later...

Another suggestion:

I think a nice thing will be if one minor force character encounters one from the other side, a jedi fight happens and both increase there force ability and one is the winner and one the looser maybe the looser could be wounded or captured.

If anyone like this idea or is able to realize this please write!

"I am growing stronger with the Force"

Guest Scathane
Nah, leave the Reb main chars as they are, swap thed Emp for Thrawn and Vader for C'Baoth
Sure, but please with better pictures!

Guest Scathane
Another suggestion:

I think a nice thing will be if one minor force character encounters one from the other side, a jedi fight happens and both increase there force ability and one is the winner and one the looser maybe the looser could be wounded or captured.

If anyone like this idea or is able to realize this please write!

Personnaly, I think it sounds great, but I do not know whether it's easy to change this in the DLLs...

Well it can do like Luke encounters Vader as message with nice pic or short sequence and report from own Jedi (who was the other Jedi,win or loss and if other Jedi wounded or captured)

Guest Scathane
Well it can do like Luke encounters Vader as message with nice pic or short sequence and report from own Jedi (who was the other Jedi,win or loss and if other Jedi wounded or captured)
I understand that. I doubt, however, if we can attach such an event to a minor character...

Well no sequences :(

but whats with the dll attachment to the minor charactors??

I CANT believe that isnt possible for anyone with little programmer abilities

Not for those with little programmer abilities and neither for those with more experience in that field. We don't have the sourcecode and therefore can't add or change the engine itself, sorry. :?

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5183/animated9pn.gif

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://www.swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif

Guest Scathane
I reckon there's isn't a soul who could or would provide us with that source code, eh? :( Edited by Scathane