The Vathinor Crisis

Barkoa

Even with the arrival of the Sirius V the winner of the battle was still questionable. Tython quickly started to engage the enemy fighters who had turned back into the fray with the arrival of their cruisers. As Tython fought he noticed that the nighthawk was starting to fly away from one of the enemy cruisers that for some reason had cessed firing at the Sirius V. Tython hoping to take advantage of the disabled cruiser called to all squadron "Enemy cruiser at 12 o'clock. Lets take this sucker out.". The fighters flew in giving cover for the bombers who quickly destroyed the cruiser. As the bombers made their first run the Sirius V fired both its huge Ion cannons and take out three of the enemy cruisers.which were quickly attacked by other groups of bombers.

Soon after the battle was over Tython was called into his wing commanders office. Housan started by saying "Nice job in that last battle Kid.... The MOAF high command has desided that after you performance in that last battle that you deserve a promotion. You have been given the command of a squadron of fighters. They are the 216 squadron. Your new quarters and office are over at section 53.". Tython left the room in shock and slowly walked down the hall pondering his new command.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could really use a good drink T'char thought as his piloted his craft to a landing at the city's small spaceport. It's not every day that you single-handedly disable an entire cruiser. He emerged from the hatch and headed for the small bar located just outside the spaceport's support facilities. As he made his way across the tarmac he looked up at the fiery inferno created by the debris of the recent battle hitting the atmosphere. The glare of the metal burning under the intense friction was clearly visible, even in the daylight.

As he sat in the bar, T'char began to realise that he hadn't actually gotten around to finding his target, and that he'd been sidetracked by all the other events happening locally. With a determined pull on his ale, he decided to stop being distracted, and to finish the job...

"I thank you, my friend, for it is in your death that the Scorekeeper finds my true worth."

-T'char, to the recently deceased Admiral Torin Khel

Solla climbed on board her ship and went to work on the hyperdrive. It could use a complete over haul but she didn't have the time or money to do that. So she took out another toolkit, and slid under a floor panel and got to work. 2000, not to long but she could get a lot of work done until Lt. Josson showed up...

"It's not my fault!"

"Oh yeah? What's in it for me?"

Streaks of green, purple and deep blue filled the sky as the setting sun casts hues over the world of Mouvia. Clouds reflected the colours, making the whole scene picturesque.

The small craft creaked as it cooled from the recent heat that it had experienced in entering the atmosphere. Rytoz stood gleaming, and grew as Barkoa flew closer. He headed for the mountains across the small sea from the city, and flew to his home.

A small dwelling nestled in the side of the mountain that looked over the ocean and city. He then headed for the small stone structure that was hidden behind it...

"Be at peace, for the force is my ally and I shall not let anything happen out of my contol."

-Barkoa

Tython walked into his new mess hall and took a good look at his new pilots. Oh!! No!! Tython thought as he realised that all the pilots in his squadron where the worst pilots on the entire moon. Tython suddenly desided that he needed somthing much stronger than ale.

He stumbled out of the room in shock and headed for the local pub.

The first thing Tython noticed as he walked into the pub was that it was unusually full for this time of day. But then there had only just been a battle where many people had lost close friends.

Suddenly Tython saw T'char and he froze in shock. But I saw T'char fly towards a enemy cruiser Tython thought. Then he realised that the cruiser that T'char had flow towards had been the ship that had been disabled half-way through the battle.... T'char had taken out a sith cruiser all by himself.

Tython quickly walked over and sat down. "So that was you who got the cruiser for us were you?" Tython asked

"Yea it was just a virus I picked up a few years ago. It plays havoc with the enemys guns and engines." T'char replied. "Well I'm just glad your okay. I would have missed you and you still owe my 10 hours of training." Tython said.

Suddenly an idea formed in one of Tythons minds maybe he could get T'char to train his new squadron. The idea sounded pretty good but he would still need T'chars consent. Tython turned to T'char and asked "So have you got any work yet? Because if you dont I'll pay you to help train the worst pilots on this whole plant and make them into extreme killing machines."

Rantar hit the ground hard as he dodged the blaster fire. Rolling onto his feet, he quickly lept forward and took cover around a doorway. Rantar was in a small building on the outskirts of Vathonir's major city. He was there because he had coached the thug that taking him to be killed into telling him where he could find who ever was incharge. Instead he had sent him to what appeared to be a base of operations for the group beseiging his planet. When Rantar had entered, things went smoothly, he had found the location of the "Organisation"'s, as they were calling themselves, second in command. As he attempted to leave, he ran into security.

A green blaster bolt ripped through the wall half a metre away from him.

"Anti-armour weapons! Sith spit!"

Rantar leapt down the coridor as a second blast turned the rest of the wall into rubble. He was up again, running down the corridor as more bolts screemed over head. Rantar skidded to a holt and swung behind a metal container. Pulling out his blaster, he leveleld it down the hall and let loose several shots. None hit the enemy, as they moved for cover themselves. Rantar stopped firing and waited for the first one to pop his head out, it came quicker than he had expected. The large reptilian creature, looking like a Trandotian, fired his anti-armour blaster once before Rantar sent him flying back to the ground. The large green energy bolt raced past him and hit the door leading outside the builing. The door itself ceased to exist, leaving freedom a mere two metres away from Rantar.

"Thanks morons!" He yelled as he literally dived out of the building. Quickly picking himself up, Rantar ran to the nearest cover. Dropping into the shadows, he looked over his shoulder as mercs and other scum spread out of the building as if it were a hive under attack.

Slowly, Rantar moved away from the builind - keeping to the shadows. He knew were to go now. Now, he would get some answers.

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1333/3dartistbanneranimationws1.gif

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/4026/rebellionbannerdi2.gif

Barkoa walked up the grassy hillside behind his small house. A small stone structure stood waiting. Entering, he looked around expectantly It was dark inside, excpet for the streams of light entering through the cracks in the roof.

"Grandfather" he said softly. Nothing happened. "Grandfather, I need your advice..." he tried again. A shimmer appeared, and then shaped itself in his grandfather's likeness. It wasn't actually his grandfather's spirit, but his master's grandfather's spirit. They both would go to consult him on serious matters.

"Yes, ahhh! Barkoa! What brings you here?"

"I need your help. I went to Vathinor to help with a local dispute, but there we discovered a few living Vorei! These were the real things too, not just close, but the real things! I need you to tell me all you know about those things, and their history so that I may be able to solve this mystery."

"That is ill indeed, Barkoa. Surely you know all that most Mouvians would, but what you need is a first-hand account! I suppose that is why you've come. I knew this day would come too. There is a secret compartment under the floor of the main room of this structure that can only be found with precise instructions and unlocked with the force. Now listen carefully..."

With the data disc in his belt, Barkoa headed back to his ship. He wasn't sure what was on it, but he had a meeting to attend to. He would look at it later. The ship soared out of the forest and up again towards Phalax...

"Be at peace, for the force is my ally and I shall not let anything happen out of my contol."

-Barkoa

OOC - I hope that wasn't me Krytos!

IC - T'char thoughtfully considered the pilot's proposal. The downside was that he would be likely to get sidetracked once again, but on the other hand there was the chance that he might meet his target while working in the area...

"Ok" he said. "Show me these rookies..."

"I thank you, my friend, for it is in your death that the Scorekeeper finds my true worth."

OOC: Nah, you're safe T'Char :wink: It was another Trandotian that I killed. Hope it wasn't a relative of yours :wink::twisted:

OOC: Going good fellas. Krytos, I'm gonna leave you to do your thing coz my only option is really to chase you and repeat the whole prisoner thing which won't get anyone anywhere. Might introduce a new character soon, but I'm pretty busy with school at the moment so don't expect to hear from me for a while! Keep rocking... :D

Barkoa's small ship gently shook as it's repuslorlifts kicked in. It slowly descended, stirring a small cloud of dust from the landing pad below. Steadying the controls, he brought it to safe berth on the ground, and initiated the shutdown procedure. He got out and walked towards the door of the hangar bay. He would have to find Nuri before he went to the meeting. It was already eight o'clock, so he'd be a bit late, but that didn't bother him. He just hoped it wouldn't bother them. He began his search by scanning the temple with the force. Ah! There... He walked towards the door.

-Barkoa

Later that day Tython and T’char took all the pilots one at a time through some battle sequences to find which fighter they would be best at. By the end of the day Tython was exhausted but satisfied. All his pilots fitted into there new fighters and best of all they all fitted into three types of ships with each group having four pilots. Because of this Tython had split the squadron up into flights with each flight made up of a different type of fighter.

One week latter and several credits less well off he could safely say that all his pilots were killing machines and that as a team of four they were almost unbeatable. Because of all this T’char had finished his contract so Tython paid him and said “So how many favors do I owe you now six or seven?â€

OOC: Phytho, watch out for saying too much for T'char!

IC: Barkoa found Nuri meditating in her room.

"Hello Barkoa." She said without opening her eyes. "I sense you want me to come with you..."

"Very good. Yes, Nuri, we must get going to a meeting. From there we'll be going on a mission. Do you think your ready for your first mission as a jedi?"

She responded by force-jumping off her bed, doing a flip, and summoning her saber to her hand all in an instant.

"Do you think i'm ready?" They headed out the door. Nuri quickly noticed the data card Barkoa kept fiddling with in his left hand. She decided not to say anything, yet.

-Barkoa

Josson made his way to the hanger to find Solla. They had to leave soon and he didn't want to miss anything. Once he for Solla they made their way to the bar where everyone was surposed to meet.

"I'll just grab a drink. Do you want one Solla?" was all Josson could think of to start a convewrsation while they where waiting.

Afton was all ready to go, she had had the rest she wanted and was now all set for the new mission. She strod out of the hotel and down the street towards the bar, Barkoa would be there any minute and she did not want to miss a thing.

The shadows are my friend, for in them I find comfort.

But when it comes to war, I'll be with you in a minute.

Rantar slowly moved out onto the street. It was still night, as on Vathonir nights lasted longer than the day due to a second large moon that orbited the planet moving infront of the sun and casting a shadow across the planet. Rantar was making sure he hadn't been followed since he left the "Organistation's" outpost, now he was in inner suburbs of the city - and about 100 metres in front of him was a medium sized cantina where he knew a mate from the security force hung out at.

Looking over his shoulder again, Rantar swollowed hard and moved out across the street to the cantina.

He reached the steps leading up to the Cantina, once there he could see his friends speeder. Good, I might get some help finally

He headed in, keeping a close eye on everyone in the cantina. It didn't take long to spot his friend, sitting alone in a dark booth towards the back of the place.

Rantar slid into the booth opisite his friend.

"Rantar! Is that you? I thought you were in hospital still?" His reptilian, Abinyshi friend name Tro'Bar asked.

"I can't talk for long. I need help - and quick. I'm in deep trouble. I can't tell you much more, except I know someone with power is in on what's got me in it."

His friend held his glass up, half covering his face, he had been taking a sip of his drink though now he just paused.

He got up and stretched, then put a hand on his shoulder, Tro'Bar spoke very loudly "Good to see you old friend, you look better - I'm heading off now, been a long day. Can't wait to see you back at work."

But before he left, he quickly bent over to his boot and whispered, "Meet me at my house tomorrow at 11:00 o'clock in the morning." He then left.

As Tro'Bar left, Rantar heard him say hi to some security officers entering the cantina. To two security officers came and sat at the same booth as Rantar - he looked across at them. He had seen the pair before, though he didn't know either of them by name.

Before he got a chance to move, the closest one spoke. "Hey Rantar - when'd you get back on planet?"

Rantar somehow hid the surprise on his face from the pair - no-one should have known he left Vathonir. It was obvious these two were not only crooked officers, but also part of the "Organisation" - not too mention stupid ones.

Rantar was quick to react, "Hey guys - can you order me another drink, I need to go to the little 'gents room and then I'll tell you all about it."

Rantar was then up and moving off towards the toilet, though before he got too far the second officer was grabbing onto his arm.

"Not so fast, we need to talk to you first."

Rantar saw the officer at the table pulling out a silenced slug thrower - a weapon only found with gang members of Vathonir. Before either officer could react, Rantar kicked down on the knee of the one holding him. He screemed out as his leg broke, now the attention of the entire cantina was focused on them. It didn't stop the other security officer though, he was already up on both feet with his slug thrower pointed at him. Rantar dived behind the guard whom's leg he had just broken as the first slug flew through the air. Rantar continued his role until he had cover to hide behind.

Leaning out with his blaster drawn, he could see the officer with the broken leg lying on the ground with at least two exit wounds on his back from the slug thrower. He was dead, at least one less to worry about.

Rantar began slowly moving around, and preparing for the other guard to jump him from behind. He was wrong, the guard rushed him from in front catching Rantar slightly off guard. It allowed his opponent to get the first shot off, and Rantar closed his left eye as spliters of ferocrete flew past his face. Rantar's shot, unlike the guard's, didn't miss - it connected with the guard's face ending his life in a pailess instant.

No-one on the cantina moved or spoke - it was dead quite. Rantar rose, and stared across the faces of those around him. None moved for a hidden weapon, some barely moved. It was time to leave, running through the front door of the cantina Rantar caught a civilian coming out of his speeder. He quickly jumped in before it was turned off and through out the driver.

Rantar then sped off into the night.

Solla waved her hand, "No, I'm fine. If I've got to fly later I want to stay away from anything right now." She sat down at the bar next to Josson and waited. "So who are we meeting here?" she asked.

"It's not my fault!"

Barkoa and Nuri cruised in their little speeder towards town. A few minutes later they were parked outside the small canitna. They quickly and quietly went inside. The bar was quite empty except for those Barkoa was expecting. He walked up to Afton.

"Do we have everyone here? Are we ready? Where's Mirkon?"

-Barkoa

The afternoon after T'char had left Tython was sitting around with his squadron chatting when a messanger ran up and said "Corporal Xaan you are wanted in the Headquarters breifing room right away.". Then before Tython could ask any more questions he ran off on some other errand.

Tython looked around at his pilots questioning faces and srugged. He didnt have the faintest idea what was going on. "I guess I'll have to go and find out what this is all about." he said to his pilots, as he walked out the door.

Several minutes latter Tython walked into the main briefing room to find several of the squadron leaders already present. As soon as he found a seat the briefing started......

The General started by saying "Everyone, Welcome.... You have all been called here because you are the squadrons that will be sent out the next time the Sirius V goes on a mission. The Sirius will be resupplied and ready to leave in two days. All of you will receive your stations and orders from my sub-commander. You will now all fall out and be in place for departure as soon as possible. Good luck and may the force be with you.â€

“Here is the story of the Vorei, now that I have all the information.

“Mouvia was settled some 500 years ago by the race that now inhabits it, the Mouvians. They were once only a nomadic and secluded race of beings, only concerned with their affairs. Then they discovered the planet and settled it against their nature. They lived happily and peaceably for many years until an unknown race entered their system. This race was the Vorei. An insect-like race with the sole purpose of consuming all in its path. They do not think or feel, but just act on instinct. They have hive minds, and work together extremely well.

“They came and started assaulting the planet. But what I just found out is that the Mouvians weren’t the first to experience this evil. The Vorei had already attacked and nearly desolated another system. This system was nearby, but because of orbital patterns, is further away today. This was the system of Kestron. Humans and many other species dwelt there, and there was little unity. When the Vorei attacked, they bonded together and fought back. I only just found out, that they had developed a secret weapon that aggravated the creatures. With this, they would become frenzied and even kill themselves. The Mouvians discovered the Kestronians had this only at the very end, when they were down to their last men. They asked the Kestronians for help, but they didn’t come.

“It was then that the jedi made their last stand, and sacrificing themselves, defeated the Vorei. Ever since, Mouvia and Vathinor have been at odds. This is where things don’t fit. Why would any Vorei still exist, and why would they be on Vathinor? Nuri and I will go to Kestron to check things out. Afton, gather a small group and go after Rantar. If you find anything, come back here. We will meet again here in three weeks. That gives you plenty of time for travel and investigation.

“And may the force be with you all.â€

-Barkoa

There seemed to be a lot of activity as T'char was leaving the Naval Defence headquarters. It appeared as if a battle could be imminent. On his way out, he stopped at the information desk at the entrance.

"Excuse me, where might I find a Captain Sol Sebala?"

The twi'lek behind the desk looked up. "I'm afraid i cant give out that kind of information to unauthorised civilians. Do you have any clearance?"

T'char handed over the clearence pass he had been using for the past few days.

"That seems to be adequate, Mr T'char." she said after passing the disk trough a reader. "I'm afraid Captain Sebala is unavailable at this time, he is attending a Squadron Leader's briefing at the moment. Would you like me to leave a message?"

"No, that's fine. I'll wait." He settled into one of the large lounges for the wait.

Afton listened very carefully to everything that Barkoa said. She had her little blue max sitting on the table recording the things he said just in case she needed to listen again. She glanced at Josson, he seemed focused and was paying close attention to Barkoa. He was good at these things, aspesially when it cames to figuring things out.

After the meeting Afton walked up to Barkoa.

"That was very interesting. I just have one more question. Do you have somesupplies and a ship ready for me with all the latest info and upgrades? I have a feeling I will need them... Oh... and one other thing. What do we do if we do find Rantar or information?"

The shadows are my friend, for in them I find comfort.

But when it comes to war, I'll be with you in a minute.

Barkoa smiled. This was typical Afton, chomping at the bit.

"If you find Rantar or information, get him/it back here. The council wishes to question Rantar, and any alternative evidence you can find will be useful. As for a ship, go to the west end of the city to the Altir Hangar bay. It's the biggest building around. I have a droid waiting at the door. He will show you to your ship. It may not be the best, but you can customise it. You may wish to spend a day or two doing so, but have fun finding parts at this time of unrest! May the force be with you."

Barkoa and Nuri left. None of them knew anything of Mirkon, at least Barkoa couldn't find anything they knew. He guessed about his end, and that was the last Barkoa ever heard the name Mirkon. He and Nuri went toward their speeder, and after reaching it, sped off to the jedi temple. They had business on a certain planet...

-Barkoa

Solla ordered herself a drink, she didn't want to impose on Josson and his group of other people so she ordered a drink to keep herself busy while looking over some specs of her ship. She'd be ready to go when they needed her.

"It's not my fault!"