ISD's vs VSDs vs Mon Cals

I think those were called TIE Avengers, though their appearance is a little different than the standart Interceptor. I'd take a Defender over anything. All of the shielded models of the un-shielded TIEs loose maneuverability, speed, and firepower because of the upgrade...

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've read the series, though that was a while ago. I still prefer the Defenders simply because they look better, and they have some features even the officer's T/I model probably doesn't have (warheads, tougher shileding, enhanced lasers, ion cannons).

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

I've never understood how the A-Wing could have shields and a hyperdrive, and still be faster than a TIE Interceptor. It just doesn't make sense!

Yeah, but the T/I was built to be fast. The power needed for the shield system on the A-Wing should have reduced its speed.

Because the shield system on the A-Wings was not particularly strong and hyperdrive, IIRC, doesn't consume that much energy.

Why it is still faster than the TIE Int? Perhaps the Twin Ion Engine isn't that good?

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

I think those were called TIE Avengers, though their appearance is a little different than the standart Interceptor. I'd take a Defender over anything. All of the shielded models of the un-shielded TIEs loose maneuverability, speed, and firepower because of the upgrade...

The Tie Avenger was actually an improvement on Vader's TIE. But was never mass produced because of the Interceptor.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Palpycard.gif

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Spamkinguserbarcopy.jpg

CLICK HERE IT IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!

Click here is you like Trance

They look like a variant of the TIE Advanced we're used to seeing in the TIE FIghter games. The only difference is that the solar pannels aren't as large.

http://www.starwars.com/databank/starship/tieavenger/img/eu_bg.jpg

But with repulsor lifts, why would you need landing gear? Isn't that a little redundant?

I know, you meant landing claws. Regular TIEs would land and rest on thier solar panels. Capitol ships had the launching racks to make it mroe organized in the landing bays, and to allow for a more orderly launching.

The Alpha Class Xg-1 Assault Gunboat was developed by Cygnus Spaceworks to be the first general pupose fighter used by the empire. Clearly it didn't work out that way, but they got the contract anyways. They're also th only company other than Kuat to have an Imperial Contract for space vessels.

The Alpha Class Xg-1 Assault Gunboat was developed by Cygnus Spaceworks to be the first general pupose fighter used by the empire. Clearly it didn't work out that way, but they got the contract anyways. They're also th only company other than Kuat to have an Imperial Contract for space vessels.

You forgot to add Sienar and Incom there.

I don't like Sienar, and incom makes stuff forthe rebels. The Imperials fased out using that company during the war.

Actually Incom Corporation was nationalized by the Empire before the Battle of Yavin, a group of engineers and designers defected to the Rebellion with the blueprints for the X-Wings, ever since the Empire never really trusted Incom, and it took income about ten years to provide the Empire with a Starfighter, the I-7 Howlrunner.

And Sienar Fleet Systems is the only manufacturer of TIE Starfighters in the Galaxy. How can you not like them? 8O

I don't like thier management. They greedy. I don't like that... and they put the little guy out of business... and, um... their name sounds funny. Yeah! Funny sounding companies don't deserve my respect...actually I forgot about them...

Y-Wings suck even more, which is why Koesnayr (sp?) disappeared. T-Wings, Razors, and Preybird are uglier. Plus I hate Preybirds, and everything Sullustan-Related.

Any TIE model from the Interceptor on wasn't too bad, but the standard TIE Fighter was terrible.