Humans

That would be working with time. Theoricaly. If you manged to freeze time and travel at the same moment. Or even simply slowing time. rom what I understand. Hyperspace is a very close dimension to the sw one. anought so that mthe planets and beings are the same but far enought so that time and distances change. To travel faster we will need to slow time.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Palpycard.gif

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Spamkinguserbarcopy.jpg

CLICK HERE IT IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!

Click here is you like Trance

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The theory you have presented is also the basis for time travel, which is impossible. There is no way to manipulate time as time is linear. Think of it as a constantly lenghtening line, with the present at the apex. There is nothing before us, therefor we cannot go ahead. We cannot go back because the time we came from would not exist at that point. It's hard to explain, but once you get it, it seems simple.

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

Yes, there is that. But that samn flux-capaciter makes me wonder if it's worth all the trouble :D .

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

Bof I don't really understand why you would really want to travel in time.

BTW anyone seen the film Event Horizon. Those who have will agree it is not out of subject.

It would be neat to travel to see what the future is like (past what you will live to see) or go back in time to see great moments in history. The only problem is, even if you could go back, you would cause a time loop. Because you did what you went back to do, you wouldn't have needed to go back to do it, there for you wouldn't have, but then you would need to go back because it wasn't changed... it would go on forever.

I've never seen Even Horizon, but I want to. What did you mean by your last comment (about it not being out of subject?)

If we could fins ome way to access other dimensions (physicists know they exist) we could begin experimenting with such things. Star Trek's solution to the problem works too. Warp is theoretically possible, it's simply folding space to make the distance shorter.

big emphasis on the word 'theoretically' there... Realistically, FTL will probably never be achieved, or at least not in this millennium. Just to think of the kind of power needed to fold space/time... Several suns' energy output, anyone?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/RiesstiuIV/Krempel/trapaure.gif

YOu must consider the types of energy generation we, as simple citizens, are not privy to. There is also technology that we know nothing about, but large cerperations are developing. I think that FTL travel is possible within this millenium, but probably not within my lifetime.

True, there is still the possibility that aliens have landed on earth, though there is no concrete evidence of that. If they have, the possible technology possessed by governments around the world is staggering.

One thing I have been very interessted in is the Saturne exploration mission. Which has sent some satellites. They have actually arrived at the planet. One thing is they do not know the physical size of Saturne because of the layers of gas which surrounds it. I imagined how it would be if under the gaz was actually an alien race which lived undr some sort of shield.

BTW did you know that water arrived on earth via a meteorite.

Emm... wade in large I shall.

:arrow: Time Travel: Where are all the time travellers? They've had enough 'time' to come and say yo. So where are they?

:arrow: Aliens: Adonde? Sorry folks but we arn't going to get past the edge of our solar system (which btw is 70,000 times the distance of past Pluto to our Sun). The rest of the galaxy has had millions upon millions of years head start on humanity to get out there in the cosmos; and all we can do is debate whether the account of some farmer on a road at night encountered beings so jumpy they'd travel the cosmos just to freak him out and make their exist...

Logic dictates we as a planet should be awash with alien visitors. But there are none.

How about hearing other civilizations? Again, the galaxy has had milions of years head start on us; but there is nothing; the cosmos is silent.

Humanity is going nowhere. We are here. Live.

If there is time travel, lets see some evidence. Should be loads by now. :lol:

Edit: Gosh, I posted this last week.

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

I'll post the evidence last friday. I just need 1.21 Gigawatts of electric power...

I find the thought interesting that the 'aliens' around earth are really time travellers studying history. It's at least as improbable as actual aliens, but just as fun to think about.

Emm... wade in large I shall.

:arrow: Time Travel: Where are all the time travellers? They've had enough 'time' to come and say yo. So where are they?

:arrow: Aliens: Adonde? Sorry folks but we arn't going to get past the edge of our solar system (which btw is 70,000 times the distance of past Pluto to our Sun). The rest of the galaxy has had millions upon millions of years head start on humanity to get out there in the cosmos; and all we can do is debate whether the account of some farmer on a road at night encountered beings so jumpy they'd travel the cosmos just to freak him out and make their exist...

Logic dictates we as a planet should be awash with alien visitors. But there are none.

How about hearing other civilizations? Again, the galaxy has had milions of years head start on us; but there is nothing; the cosmos is silent.

Humanity is going nowhere. We are here. Live.

If there is time travel, lets see some evidence. Should be loads by now. :lol:

Edit: Gosh, I posted this last week.

Ok, some rebuttles:

1. There would be no evidence of time travel, because that would be in the future, and as I stated before, time is linear (to the other dimensions. Time is the 4th dimension in physics) and there for follows the events of the present. The future hasn't happened yet, so how can time travelers come from a future that doesn't exist yet.

2. The belief that because there are alien races we would know about them because they would have made contact is thinking pretty highly of the human race. Any species that has the capability for inter-stellar travel woud view us as barbaric in a way. And who says they would want to make contact anyways? What would they have to gain?

The universe is extremely vast (not limitless as believed by some, but big enough for it not to matter), full of galaxies, solar systems, planets ans stars. In each galaxy there a billions upon billions of planets, and of those there is a good chance that at least onc is capable of supporting life. In our galaxy, ours may be the only such planet, but the chances are pretty good that we aren't, and any belief otherwise is ignorant of the facts.

In the end, Jahled's comment that we should simply live is good advice. Live, and let be what will be. No one can tell you the future (let's not get into that agani), and only you and your fellow brothers and sisters can shape that future.

In fact. We have some ancient civilizations, tribes here on our planet, which we didn't revealed yet. There is so much to discover on our loved Planet too. Chasing the stars, and thinking about the unknown future remains for the child in us, dreaming and playing with exciting thoughts..

Not sure how this spread to two threads (perhaps the topic is limitless 8O ), but the universe has ever expanding boarders, so there is no way to measure the limits. Suffice it to say that they are there, but we can't, and probably never will, see them. As to what is beyond them, nothing. I don't mean vacuume, I mean literally nothing. There is no existence beyond the boarders of the universe.

Umm, if I may answer that with a cryptical reply - The universe is curved, and thus has finite size but no limits. It's pretty much impossible to imagine this as humans lack the ability of four-dimensional thinking... Try to imagine the 3 spatial dimensions being the flat iner side of a four dimensional sphere, curved into the fourth dimension...

That fourth dimension being time. The universe literally has physical limits. There are boarders, but not at any distance we can envision.

Since we're sort of talking astrophysics, I've done some research, and the creator of the Star Wars Technical Commentaries (I know, I bash him too much, but that site really pisses me off) is not employed by the Max-Planck-Institut für Radioastronomie in Bonne. There is no record of his employment there on their web site (He's not listed under thier staff section either.)

Edited by Grand_Admiral_Thrawn

That fourth dimension being time. The universe literally has physical limits. There are boarders, but not at any distance we can envision.

Since we're sort of talking astrophysics, I've done some research, and the creator of the Star Wars Technical Commentaries (I know, I bash him too much, but that site really pisses me off) is not employed by the Max-Planck-Institut für Radioastronomie in Bonne. There is no record of his employment there on their web site (He's not listed under thier staff section either.)

[/color]

I think that the Star Wars Technical Commentaries web-site is a prime example of StaR Wars over-kill, finely balanced with gibberish. In other words it's full of crap. Just my own humble oppinion.

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif