Humans

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to answer my own question, it now seems obvious that the reason humans throughoughly dominated the galaxy in the films is simply that it was much cheaper and easier for GL to create a galaxy of humans than one of wookies, hutts, or rodians. Like many of the problems arising from the films (like why the starfighters of naboo seem faster and more advanced than the x-wings that would be developed 30 years later), GL has simply ignored the problem, leaving it to fans and EU writers to solve (and then ignore when the time comes for one of lucas' own projects). In this case however, I haven't really come across anything about the origin of humans.

notice that there's many more humans in ep 4-5-6, than in ep 1-2, where frankly, GL puts in lots of non humans. it's almost like being in the star wars cantina throughout the 2 movies. there is a reason to this.

according to EU stuff, when the empire came into being it was believed that for the empire to survive it had to be dominated in all aspects by humans. Because it was the events of non humans (ie trade federation, others) that brought disorder to the 'republic', along with the idea that the hugely diverse senate brought about stagnation and corruption, and how it was only a brilliant human who kept the galaxy from entering a state of total chaos (palpatine), the majority of the human core worlds accepted this notion of human superiority and leadership.

from what I've read, after the republic there was new laws that abolished slavery, imposed higher taxes and fares on non humans, restricted aliens from leaving their home worlds, and that sort of stuff.

this is pretty much why in 4-5-6 theres not so many aliens, storywise anyway.

It may also have to do with the fact that when the movies were shot, there wasn't a practical way to create a room full o faliens short of alot of makeup time, and tons of muppets (ie Jabba's Palace).

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

Yeah, I wasn't too big on the CG Yoda. I guess they had to use CG though, because it would be hard to havea muppet do all of those fancy moves. I wasn't big on the muppet they used in Ep I though.

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

The ESB puppet looks pretty cool and the puppets from the original Jabba Palace, not the CG crap Disney show they built in later, were great.

Sure Ep II Yoda needed to be CG for all those moves, but again seeing a green blur all over the screen isn't that great.

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

I can't think of a way it could have been worse. The puppet from Episode I was pretty bad. the only puppet that I've seen of poorer quality in the Star Wars univers was the lounge singer in Jabba's Palace.

I guess that ut's not that the CG Yoda was bad, it just didn't have the same feel as the original.

That true, but there was one thing bothering me. I know Yoda was younger and all, but he looked it. Episode II is only what, fourt or so years before ESB? When your an 800-and-something year old alien, I doubt fourty years will really make a difference on how you look. The new Yoda just looked too young to me. I also think that fans would have been upset if they hadn't used a CG Yoda. As you said, things change, but it's how he looked that sort of gets me.

I mean... In epI they used a puppet and it looked AWFUL.

BTW I know you have experience in card making so could you answer a question?

I was using Paintshop pro to create a background for my card and then when I created a gradient and converted it to 256 colors all I got was an absolutely AWFUL set of lines which did not look nice. So how do I correct this?

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Palpycard.gif

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Spamkinguserbarcopy.jpg

CLICK HERE IT IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!

Click here is you like Trance

That quite strange. When you go to lower the colour depth, what settings are you using? I just did a test with a screen shot I took while playing my MMORPG. It's around 16million colors and looks pretty good. Be sure to use Error Diffusion and not Nearest Colour, as NC will screw you image up. If that doesn't work, post an image of both the original and your 256 version and I'll see what I can do.

You see... When I converted it to 256 in paintshop it gave this:

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0TgAPA3oYddyaNCwuHOOhvKtEF11rkbnZjfe74nYK5x3dawim9BG6!EsAP4xsmK2a4ZaezkWNOgAs!Ub10xrBntdAk9J232UuAwLqwurDX1bddUb*hTIRmg/Emkay2.jpg

But when I loaded it in RebEd I got this:

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SwAJA3gX947TDMm59R72X4z6nO41CkDtgZgD0Js362ghSS8oRPLSWEVCdFOeXHrXxn2TKIFWDPE*kpSS7vbbOaJt4K59e*uzU87hLhvUYt8PEuuJc212BA/bad.jpg

What happened :cry: please help!

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Palpycard.gif

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Spamkinguserbarcopy.jpg

CLICK HERE IT IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!

Click here is you like Trance

Does this one work?

Edit: Ok, tried it every which way, and it doesn't want to post a .bmp file, so here's a link. Let me know if it works:

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SAAAADIWSzGaNCwuHOOhvOIOvtrh6VY966CVGAgCXHy*1!xwBOK9wTNoaYrA4vdRBwvZUy3ZldFgBQ41f44TJtZSI48hobllt18XNRs4wgEAAAAAAAAAAA/Emkay2.bmp?dc=4675480824318844362

Yoda may have looked so much younger in EpII as opposed to ESB because of his living conditions. The Jedi Temple is probably a lot cushier than a slimy mudhole. :wink:

All in all, I prefer the puppets over the CG characters. *shrug*

-Thumper

TIE pilots shake at the sound of my name! ...Hey, wait! You're not supposed to be shaking with laughter!

Which way did they go? How many of them were there? How fast were they going? I must find them! I am their LEADER!