Why Do We Like The Empire?

BC is one of the nicest provinces. For an interesting fact, the Battle of Endor (the ground portion) was filmed in BC. The large trees are Redwoods. BC also has lots of mountains. The only problem is that they are having problems with forrest fires right now. They are like California. They lost a good portion of forrest last year to fires, and htis year looks as though it will be wors. Other than that though, very nice place to be.

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Admiral_Antilles
Well would I have to get deep into British Columbia to see much? Or is it very evident all around you?

It's pretty evident once your in the province. There isn't a line of trees that starts once you get across the boards, with barren grassland on the US side or anyting, but you can get to the Provincial capitol pretty quickly. Plus, the rockies are right there too.

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

Guest Admiral_Antilles
Well, I cannot wait to go. I haave traveled much throughout the US, but I have never entered Canada. So, if I get some time that would be great to go there. :)

I've only traveld through the US, but didn't stop anywhere (I was heading to Florida for a cruise for a school trip). I did notice a lot of different things though. I can't drink your pop (I think you call it soda) because it's not sweet enough. Your McDonalds tastes better, I can't explain it. I don't know how you avoid giving people 100s of dollars, because all of you bills look the same! I wasn't too fond of the Cracker Barrel resteraunt, though for some reason that was the only place our first bus driver stopped. And for some reason, every one expected me to say Eh. :D

Guest Admiral_Antilles
Hehe, well Cracker Barrel s not my favoite either, but it is not bad. And for soda err... pop not being sweet enough here. what did you drink? Our stuff is sweet! (atleast to me)

I think it was that it wasn't sweet enough, but it could have been something else. For example, our Coke here is sweeter than the Coke I drank on my way to, and on, the cruise. Same with out Pepsi. If you do get a chance to go to BC, try some soda. It might just be the stuff here in Ontario, but I think it's pretty much the same everwhere up here. I'm not sure why we call it pop. I think it's because the bubble "pop" when they reach the surface...

I only ate at the Cracker Barrel twice, but I think it was that I'm not big on the southern-style cooking. You'll never find a restaraunt here that serves grits (I wasn't even sure what it was :) )

Edit: Also on the topic of soda, we have restriction here on how much caffeen can be added, and to what. Caffeen can only be added to Colas, and then only a certain amount. In the US, however, caffeen is added to all sorts of soda. I think there may just be more caffeen in your Coke and Pepsi, and tht makes ours taste sweeter.

Is Cracker Barrel some kinda Fast food? For I can tell you that hre he are pretty limited for fast foods (Mac Do and Burger King). But I got to try KFC in Oz and quite liked it compared to Macdo it is high quality cuisine. For drinks I don't know about cafeine limitaions, I say drink beer.

And something I wanted to ask for long: what are your favorite alcohosl? :wink:

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Palpycard.gif

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Spamkinguserbarcopy.jpg

CLICK HERE IT IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!

Click here is you like Trance

Ah, you say that now, but if you ever eat there you may change your mind :). As for my facourite alchohaul, I don't drink. Yes, I'm one of the few Canadians who don't like beer. 8O

Um...getting back to the subject of this thread... :roll:

Bear something in mind about the whole 'Imperial Xenophobic/racist' thing; GL didn't and has not mentioned anything in his work concerning the subject, other than an unfortunate Imperial Officer refering to Chewie as 'a thing' which was quickly followed by Leia refering to Chewie as 'a walking carpet...' Smacks of racism on both counts if you translate that into our little world and replace Chewie with for example a Muslim...or not if you put aside or the dodgy b-rate additions to the SW mythos since.

Think about it before you slate my inbox with hate mail.... :roll:

It's not really practical for an Empire to dominate the known galaxy in the sole-hands of one particular species(ie humaniti), nor is it realistic, so it's one deep flaw the SW community has accepted without thinking about; as per normal.

Anyway; ultimately, I think Tex has banged it fairly square on the head... :lol:

Thanks, Jahled. :D

One aspect of racism that WAS (an initial) part of the films was the discrimination against droids, as evidenced by Wuhrer's (sp?) reaction to Artoo's and Threepio's presence in the Mos Eisley Cantina.

You could also make an argument that Piett's reaction to the non-human bounty-hunters was a racial epithet. Or, that the Imperials' dismissal of the native populace of Endor was a result of their superiority complex.

And interesting contrast is the Rebellion. While they DO have a number of non-humans in their service, you see no one BUT Humans at Hoth, and humans make up a disproportionate amount of the Alliance's membership (Ackbar discusses this during the Tycho Celchu trial in the RS books).

One friend has tried to convince me numerous times that the Rebels are just a group of despicable, merciless terrorists trying to overthrow the lawful government. :roll:

I've heard this argument as well (usually from my friend, Valkir). The only real point to counter it is that the Rebels don't target civilians.

Five of the Greatest Lines in the Star Wars Trilogy :roll:;)

-"As you wish..."

-"He's no good to me dead..."

-"What if he doesn't survive? He's worth a lot to me."

-"Put Captain Solo in the Cargo Hold"

-"AaaaaAAaaaaaa!!"

Fett's Vette

The Lyrics

Guest Admiral_Antilles
Ah, you say that now, but if you ever eat there you may change your mind :). As for my facourite alchohaul, I don't drink. Yes, I'm one of the few Canadians who don't like beer. 8O

me neither.

Guest Admiral_Antilles

I don't for two reasons:

I am underaged

I do not want to take a chance on hurting anyone when I am under the influence, even if I could drink.

Guest Admiral_Antilles
Now, Now, my friend. A sip of wine here and there may help, but I am afraid that I might become an achoholic or hurt someone. And it's just not worth it to me. I know too many people who have gotten hurt or in trouble and achohol was a big part in it.

I admit that the same fear has some influence over my decision as well, though I am of age to drink.

Guest Admiral_Antilles
Well, part of my family are achoholics, and I know I could possibly have the same weakness. I just do not want to take a chance.

I simply don't see the allure. Where is the fun in not remembering what you did the night before?

That's assuming that y'all drink until you're blitzed. I'm 28, and I have never been drunk (Scout's honor!). I've lost friends to Drunk Drivers too, and I don't like the idea of losing control, either. Therefore, as soon as I start 'buzzing', I stop. Simple as that. I'll have a beer with a meal now and then, or a glass or two of wine with the Mrs., but I do not get drunk. I also do not drink every day. I might have a beer once a week.

Qualifier to my previous statement: Good Beer is liquid bread. It's good for you. :D

Now, to celebrate all that is beer (except all that 'Lite' crapola), I present:

THE BEER SONG

by Homer Simpson

DO........... THE STUFF THAT BUYS ME BEER

RAY.......... THE GUY THAT SELLS ME BEER

ME............THE GUY WHO DRINKS THE BEER

FAR.......... A LONG WAY TO GET BEER

SO............I'LL HAVE ANOTHER BEER

LA............ I'LL HAVE ANOTHER BEER

TEA.......... NO THANKS, I'M DRINKING BEER

THAT BRINGS US BACK TO...(LOOKS INTO EMPTY GLASS).....D'OH!!

Five of the Greatest Lines in the Star Wars Trilogy :roll:;)

-"As you wish..."

-"He's no good to me dead..."

-"What if he doesn't survive? He's worth a lot to me."

-"Put Captain Solo in the Cargo Hold"

-"AaaaaAAaaaaaa!!"

Fett's Vette

The Lyrics

That is Woo!...

..anyway... I drink far to much, far to often, and have done most of my life.

Perhaps that's why i'm 32.11 and am just learning the esoterical mysteries of html when lots of you guys were getting to grips with it when you were 13... :?

Beer?

....Yoda...hic...glug...

:idea:

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif