Star Wars Vs. Star Trek

Admiral-Beef

Evader, you obviosly missed the episode of voyager where they passed the warp 10 barrier, it had a bad side effect on tom paris (the test pilot) so they didn't use it to get back home. but that episode proves that warp 10 is infinate volicty (in other words your in every single point in the universe at the exact same moment) and ok, i admit it, transwarp isn't as fast as warp 10, but, it is very fast, the borg can travel all the way across the galaxy in probably the same time it would take a star destroyer, give or take a few days.

but here's something that no one has mentioned, the st universe is heavly divided, and they would all be fighting eachother as well as the empire, in fact i'd say the only threat would be the borg... and if the empire was really unlucky, specieas 8472 might come out of fluidic space, wich would be bad since they can destroy planets alot easier then the empire can. the only other race that can do that is the cardassians with their dreadnaught missle and they can only destroy a small moon... AT BEST!!!

I have made my point

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You think a borg cube could assimilate a Death Star before the superlaser made it into borg soup?

Also you could always use the suncrusher to kill all of th borg. The borg adapt to laser, phaser and photon weapons (modulation of the sheild frequencies i think) but what can they do to stop another ship from ramming it?

2xtreme Gaming Clan

http://www.clan-2xtreme.co.uk

Counterstrike Source : 195.20.109.124:27015

Day of Defeat : 195.20.109.124:27025

Team Fortress Classic : 195.20.109.124:27030

Counterstrike 1.6 : 195.20.109.124:27040

They're both fun to watch. Maybe we should do a tc of ST vs SW, now that would be fun!!!

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Hyperdrive is obviously faster than warp, The Enterprise first made contact with the Borg In Season 2 (i think) and it took the Borg 2 or 3 seasons to reach the alpha quadrant... Even an Z-95 Headhunter with no warp could get there faster (maybe)

Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has, how embarrassing. - Yoda

Do not count a human dead until you've seen his body, and even then you can make a mistake. - Bene Gesserit saying

First of all people, the energy capabilities of ST shields and Sw shields, and firepower etc...have been calculated based upon what people see in the movies and shows which qualifies as official material. Second, to counter the Species 8472, there is already a counter-argument as to them on stardestroyer.net, I will merely highlight the fact that their planet-destroying capabilities seem to rely on a chain-reaction....very different than how the Death Star destroys planets. Species 8472 are cowards, the Borg destroyed several of their ships and oh no!! They left and went back to fluidic space.
http://img30.echo.cx/img30/2519/yodavspals4fr0gi.gif

Okay, here's what i think, and it's as close as anything you'll hear to any sort of answer. The answer is, they're equal. Ultimately we're looking at two different cultures. Both based on predominately humans, with a mix of aliens thrown in. We don't know how far along they are in their comparitive timnelines, so it may well be that one is more advanced than the other because they've been around for longer.

Assuming these two cultures ever met, there is not guaruntee that they would go to war, especially later on in the SW timeline when the Empire is all but gone. If they were to go to war we would face a prospective stalemate. Each side follows the basic principals of science and logic. Thus weapon would be met with new shield, and new shield with new weapon. This is effectively the same as in any war. The tank was invented, the anti-tank gun was developed to counter it. We end up in a circle of retribution and scientific advance.

I would propose that a ST vs SW war would ultimately come down to one factor, and one factor only. How far the people of the culture are prepared to go to win. However, much like the situation in the middle east we would most probably discover that both sides were equally comitted to their ideals and so on.

Now i realise i've contradicted myself in talking about ideals, because the Empire would likely be the only people to fight against the ST guys, however, i was merely seeking to point out that the Suncrusher and more advanced weapons came later.

It appears to me that we would only see a winner if one side were to realise the futility of the struggle. Star Fleets mandate is to explore and chart, not to provoke. The New Republic would welcome Star Fleet. What we should really be asking is what would happen after that.

The might of the New Republic, Chiss, Star Fleet and all the other goodies, including the Jedi, against all the baddies. The Empire, Yuuzhan Vong, the guys from Bakura, the Borg etc. A fusion of all these technologies would create unimaginable technologies. The war would be waged across galaxies, (note the use of the plural). Ultimately, it would make a damn good film or game.

Here endeth the lesson. :)

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

ok, i have one major point to make... and it starts with one word...

Thrawn

He would have a major advantage over any starfleet captian or admiral, for example we all know that john-luc like art, so Thrawn gets a hold of some threw imp. intelligence and BOOM... Picards out of the game. I think i've made my point clear

Guest JediIgor
and Picard could lead a mission to take Thrawn out of the game.. one second he's there, the next he's beamed over on the Enterprise... yep.. :roll:

The only problem with Thrawn is that he bases all his knowledge on art, and the predictability of the enemy. What happens when he faces an unpredictable enemy such as Kirk? Kirk was down right nuts and totally unpredictable. He destroyed his own ship in order to destroy his enemies. Thrawn can't fight what he can't predict. And I have to agree with Elvis that it wouldn't be a straight Star Trek vs Star Wars fight. Differant groups would probably ally, such as the new Republic and Star Fleet. Others, such as the Borg, would probably not ally with anyone, just assimilate their cultures.
For the life of me, I cannot remember, what made us think that we were wise and could never comprimise.

But Igor does have a point. Star Trek shields are designed to prevent beaming. Star Wars probably aren't. Also, I don't remember who, but the point about the Borg adapting is quite correct. And where Star Trek can change the frequency of their weapons, Star Wars cannot. So alright, a Star Destroyer gets a few shots on the Borg cube. Then it adapts. So much for that.
For the life of me, I cannot remember, what made us think that we were wise and could never comprimise.

• SWR Staff - Executive

The defense of Star Trek is so focused on the "frequency" of a beam... in fact, most of this is irrelevant. The weapons in Star Wars aren't frequency based, so you'd have to block them completely.

Read more on StarDestroyer.Net - they have a good article on it. Besides, the Borg would be destroyed easily enough.. Star Destroyers, Super Star Destroyers, Death Star... the Empire has conquered the galaxy while the Borg haven't done much at all. The fan fic of SWvsST at SD.Net addresses many concerns.

I'm not saying that SW wins outright.. but if it were just open-combat, Star Wars would win on shear numbers and firepower.

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

Guest JediIgor
But.. you must understand, that the Empire was actually the Old Republic once. So technically they didn't conquer that much of the Galaxy.

Homeworld mod being worked on at the mo. StvsSW, now that sounds good. It by the same guys that did the SW mod.

Enjoy.

I think that every one is forgetting that Star Wars has Ion Cannons, one blast from a planet based Ion Cannon would wreak havok on a Borg cube or any Star Trek ship.

Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has, how embarrassing. - Yoda

Do not count a human dead until you've seen his body, and even then you can make a mistake. - Bene Gesserit saying

Ha so now despite the fact that SW ships clearly have shields we are gonna argue that its a 'different' kind of shield that doesnt stop beaming? Are you kidding me? ST shields by all rights operate on frequencies...SW shield while are separated into particle and ray are not frequency dependent.
http://img30.echo.cx/img30/2519/yodavspals4fr0gi.gif

In both cases ultimately it comes down to who is commanding a vessel. An idiot with a Star Destroyer is now match for a master tactician in a Sovereign, or perhaps a brilliant TIE pilot against a moron commander with a Galaxy class. A ship by itself is nothing, it comes down to the commander.

Good point. And as for transporting it'll become irrelevant as Star Fleet and the Rupublic Team up, and the Empire and whoever team up. Inconsequential my friends... ;)

The Empire would probably team up with the Romulans, since they look the most "human". Remember, the Empire hates non-humans (they wouldn't be crazy about the Romulans, either, but what the hell, they have cloaking ships! :D )

Klingons would be alone, but they would like it that way, since they're idiots and think they can conquer everybody by themselves.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.--Napoleon Bonaparte

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.--Robert McCloskey, State Department spokesman

Support the USA!

Guest JediIgor

Hmm.. I also noticed that ships from Star Trek can go several thousands of kilometers per hour at impulse, whereas capital ships in star wars.. uh... get what, 35 klicks per hour?

Anyways, it seems like the capital ships in Star Wars almost stand still, whereas in Star Trek they're always moving around to try to deflect the photon torpedoes and such.

BTW skynx, you probably know this.. but hey, all light has frequency, so the shields must have some as well.

Daala was happy to let aliens in, it all depends on time period.

If it was set at the end of the great Sith Wars, then SW would win because there would be thousands of Jedi grouped together working together, an almost unbeatable force.