A Rebellion egg.....ooohh

Jahled

The picture you're refering to is the 'legendry bounty hunters,' you can read about in the rebellion encyclopedia in the game. These chaps, computer controlled, result in the Empire being informed of; 'we have new information concerning Captain Solo,' and I presume a small random chance of him being kidnapped and being brought before Jabba the Hut. I have no idea whether once you've detected them though, as Empire or Alliance, you can manipulate their probability of success in their mission. They're never around long enough to 'play with.'
http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think, they are a bit too weak. They could only capture Solo, when he's injured. It would be a great fun if we could hire them with the empire. Like Lord Vader did in ep. V.

Hello I'm a legendary Bounty Hunter. Hire me and all your problems will be assasinated! Just 100 maint. pts. and your enemies will disappear suddenly in a sad shuttle accident... :twisted:

Interesting idea, being able to hire Legendry Bounty Hunters. It would, however, rather defeat the point of your own special forces, wouldn't you think? Being able to exert some degree of control on them in the game would add a nice touch to the game, though, with all those hidden cut-scenes Resource hacker lets us know of there in the game, but few of us ever get a chance to see (> Boba Fett delivering Solo, and even Luke to Vader, with lines like:'together again, eh!'). I wonder if anybody knows how to tweek the success-probability of the Legendry Bounty Hunters attempts on Solo to make their chances higher? That would keep the rebels on there toes!

The guys are not very effective. But it was still a good idea placing them into the game. More random events makes the game even more realistic. Perhaps a random revolt could be organized by the ewoks on Endor if it is under imp. control :lol:

Guest JediIgor
Interesting idea, being able to hire Legendry Bounty Hunters. It would, however, rather defeat the point of your own special forces, wouldn't you think? Being able to exert some degree of control on them in the game would add a nice touch to the game, though, with all those hidden cut-scenes Resource hacker lets us know of there in the game, but few of us ever get a chance to see (> Boba Fett delivering Solo, and even Luke to Vader, with lines like:'together again, eh!'). I wonder if anybody knows how to tweek the success-probability of the Legendry Bounty Hunters attempts on Solo to make their chances higher? That would keep the rebels on there toes!

Maybe if you paid them the money, and they would look for the character themselves? Without you doing the work? And come back when they are done? :D

That could work, I had the same idea. Hireing the Bounty Hunters as Vader did, so they would be neutral, like in the movies....

Assasination would cost more than abduction and so on. But a unit like this would be a very dangerous threat for the rebz. :roll:

'Ho ho ho!' -Father Christmas.

'That's all you ever bloody say!' (His wife)

...whatever, blaugh blaugh, but are WE* able to do this!

*someone 'amongst us' able to do this!!!

Kinda...Biblical....

Guest JediIgor
That could work, I had the same idea. Hireing the Bounty Hunters as Vader did, so they would be neutral, like in the movies....

Assasination would cost more than abduction and so on. But a unit like this would be a very dangerous threat for the rebz. :roll:

Actually, it seems to me like assassination (dead or alive) is a lot easier than abduction (alive) for the bounty hunters. If you want to get rid of the enemy character, just put a hole in his head. If you want to capture him you have to go through the trouble of capturing him, making sure he doesn't escape, bringing him to the Empire, etc.

Indeed....given Star Wars was influenced by old-Samurai flicks like 'Hidden Fortress,' by Kurosawa (and George has actually stated this), where the antagonists are 'on the run,' giving the rebels something to fear from the Empire (ie: possible assassination...) would remain true to the original game. On the run, got to keep moving....just like Hoth.

Oh, do check out Hidden Fortress...it's a masterpiece, by the same director of the Seven Samurai and Yojimbo. :wink:

JediIgor:"Actually, it seems to me like assassination (dead or alive) is a lot easier than abduction (alive) for the bounty hunters. If you want to get rid of the enemy character, just put a hole in his head. If you want to capture him you have to go through the trouble of capturing him, making sure he doesn't escape, bringing him to the Empire, etc."

Indeed, assasination is a much comfortable sollution. But you can't assasinate Solo, Palpy or Luke, cuz they are key characters. They cannot be killed, because of the programming.

I haven't seen that film from him. But I saw Ran (chaos). It's a masterpiece too. There are superb scenes of how the samurai had to fight their battles...

I remember once long ago when I was a despatch-rider I had to pick up a sixthteenth centuary Katana from some bloke in Notting Hill and taking it to an auction house off New Bond Street in London's West End. He wrapped it once with bubble wrap and gave it to me. So just picture the sight, me on a 500 CC motorbike with a bleeding Samurai Sword clearly sticking out of my Timbuktu despatch bag roaring down the busiest street in Europe. Only when I got to the auction house did I realize the bubble wrap had completly come off! No bloody wonder the buses and taxis were so dam polite.

Anyway, many years later I bought myself a replica 'Honomi,' Katana for £300 (about $450 US dollers?), which I occasionally unsheath and chase my cat around the house with when i've been listening to to much hard rock...but don't worry folks, he always gets a big loving hug when I catch him! :D

Katanas are cool. The brave samurai, the warriors of honor....

hm

But since my childhood I love the sneaky ninjas more than the samurai. :twisted:

So I have also buyed a sword, but not a katana. It's a Sinobi Ken, a ninja sword made in Spain. Here is a picture of it from the web. It costs 125 USD in the west, but here in Hungary it was a bit more...

http://www.extra.hu/Laforge/wp-sw-08.jpg

..my girlfriend hates it, she won't let me keep it in it's stand on the mantle piece and keeps droping hints she wants me to get rid of it, so it has to live under our bed with the bed-monsters...I guess when it comes to the bedroom, the girls have the final say...sigh... :(

Hmmm...a handmade sword. Not impossible, but very, very difficult. I would think the toughest part would be finding a fire hot enough to work with the steel (finding that much steel would be hard enough!).

Good luck on that, young Padawan. Once you're made your own sword, your training will be complete! :lol:

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.--Napoleon Bonaparte

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.--Robert McCloskey, State Department spokesman

Support the USA!

Hmmm...a handmade sword. Not impossible, but very, very difficult. I would think the toughest part would be finding a fire hot enough to work with the steel (finding that much steel would be hard enough!).

Good luck on that, young Padawan. Once you're made your own sword, your training will be complete! :lol:

No it wont. His got to put it in a river and see if it avoids the fallen leaves and other spiritual-bonding crap like that.

He's 7, I know it's an odd ambition for a seven year old, I tried to talk him out of it and suggested he has a more realistic ambition in life like an astronaught or secret agent, than an authentic Japanese Sword-maker, but the poor kid just wouldn't listen! Me and a few others here clubbed together and got him on a flight to Tibet, to do things like sit ontop of a mountain in unbroken solitude untill a single green rose-petal lands on his left ear...so he understands the way...but no word how he's doing, poor kid....

Uh... yeah... Well yeah, I know it'll be hard, but it's something I really want to do. Finding that much steel probably wouldn't be too hard; metal is actually pretty cheap and/or easy to purify. No, I don't plan on making a katana, so I won't be folding the sword thousands of times. I want to make a short, more European sword. Oh, I'm 18. Just because it's not a realistic goal doesn't mean it shouldn't be a goal. :P
Hello